ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marry to british lady being illegal in the uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xyz14
Newly Registered

marry to british lady being illegal in the uk

Post by xyz14 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:30 am

my friend student visa expired last year and he did not renew it. now he is married to british lady. can he apply for spouse visa being in the uk for the last 4 years. Also, would his wife need to show income threshold as set out by the home office £18600. please help.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: marry to british lady being illegal in the uk

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:47 am

Leave as a spouse could only be applied from outside the UK. Which may be the best option, depending on whether you meet A1 English and the Financial Requirement. Alternatively, perhaps FLR(FP) from inside the UK, but that's a 10 year route to settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

xyz14
Newly Registered

Post by xyz14 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:28 am

thanks Amber, it means the best option is he should apply outside uk for spouse visa rather than here in uk. my another question would it matter back home for the entry clearance that my friend was overstayer and they might refuse his spouse visa even than he provide A1 english language and financial requirements.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:42 am

If he was only an overstayer, that shouldn't be a general grounds for refusal.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.