ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

questions regarding AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friday

questions regarding AN form

Post by friday » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Hi All,

I started to complete the AN form. But I have few questions that I am not sure how to answer:

1- Q1.. home office reference number: I applied for ILR via premium service and found a home office reference number on the payment receipt starting with RC. The letter of approval has a different case ID number. I wonder which one to use.

2. Q1.6..other names: I understand that I should write my first name here. But is there a place where I can give me father's name? I am concerned that if I enter my father name after my first name in the same section, the home office will think that I have two first names. My father full name is not on my current passport but I am thinking to include it in this process.

3. Q1.16.. date moved to new address. I updated the date moving to new address online and I cannot remember the exact date that I used. I remember the month of moving but cannot remember the date.

4. Q.2.1... date of first arrival to UK.. I came as a student in 2004, then switched to work permit on 2008 until 2012. do you they mean the date of my entry as a student (i.e. 2004)? or the date when I started my journey to ILR (i.e.2008)?

5. Q3.5... address of tax office.. can you please let me know how to find this information?

It will be kind of you if you can help with my enquiries please.

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: questions regarding AN form

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:37 am

friday wrote:Hi All,

I started to complete the AN form. But I have few questions that I am not sure how to answer:

1- Q1.. home office reference number: I applied for ILR via premium service and found a home office reference number on the payment receipt starting with RC. The letter of approval has a different case ID number. I wonder which one to use. If you have a BRP, you can use the number that appears on there, it starts with RC.....

2. Q1.6..other names: I understand that I should write my first name here. But is there a place where I can give me father's name? I am concerned that if I enter my father name after my first name in the same section, the home office will think that I have two first names. My father full name is not on my current passport but I am thinking to include it in this process. The names you put in the form must match what appears in your passport and BRP. If they do not match, HO will asked you to send documentary evidence/proof on when and how your name changed.

3. Q1.16.. date moved to new address. I updated the date moving to new address online and I cannot remember the exact date that I used. I remember the month of moving but cannot remember the date. Month and year is fine

4. Q.2.1... date of first arrival to UK.. I came as a student in 2004, then switched to work permit on 2008 until 2012. do you they mean the date of my entry as a student (i.e. 2004)? or the date when I started my journey to ILR (i.e.2008)? People put different dates, either should be fine.

5. Q3.5... address of tax office.. can you please let me know how to find this information? It will be on your P60 if you are employed or your HR department can provide the detail. IF you are unemployed, you don't need to fill it in.

It will be kind of you if you can help with my enquiries please.

Thank you in advance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

friday

Post by friday » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:19 am

Great. Thank you CR001.

One more question please, can you let me know if I need to send my old passport (which has my student VISA) in addition to my current passport which has the Tier I VISA?

I just noticed that my full name on the passport has initials for my father and grandfather names, For example:

Yazan M K Darwih

first name: Yazan
surname: Darwih

Can you please let me know if I should include the initials M K near my first name in the "other names section"? In general, do people write their father's name in the "other name section"?

Thank you again for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:56 am

If you are applying using NCS, take both passports.

A point to note, not everyone on the forum is from a culture or country which uses father/grandfather names as you have mentioned, so I cannot advise you on that point. Perhaps a moderator could give advice.

You name on the form needs to match what is in the passport and on your BRP. I make this point as when I applied for my daughter, I left the middle name off and application was delayed as they asked for proof of name change etc. as what I put on the form did not match passport and birth certificate. Again, if using NCS, they should be able to clarify if they contact HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

friday

Post by friday » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks CR001

It is good to know the information regarding the name of father and grandfather. So far, I have been omitting the initials of my father rand grandfather in my previous applications for VISA although the initials are displayed on my passport.

Thank you again.