ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husband was refused EEA family permit application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

carra
Newly Registered

My husband was refused EEA family permit application

Post by carra » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:55 am

Hello everyone,

I am an EEA national living in UK for the past two years, employed and exercising treaty rights in UK.

My husband who is Egyptian, applied for an EEA family permit which was denied. We were married in 1999, we have two kids together born in 2000 and 2002. I was living in Egypt when we met and we lived there for 5 years out of which 4 were as a married couple. When our daughter was born in 2000 she had serious health problems, so we decided that for our second child it would be best to have it delivered in Romania. So, on August 2002 I left Egypt and had my son in Romania. We faced very hard times with my daughter's health condition and huge financial issues. He had to stay in Egypt and continue working to support us. We had very rough times and it was in 2012 I decided to move to UK and start a new life here. It wasn't easy in the beginning but I do have a job, a house and am well established and want my husband and children with me. I went to Egypt two months ago and stayed for a month while we did his application.

We submitted the marriage papers both in Arabic, English and Romanian, our children birth certificates and all papers showing I am exercising the treaty rights in UK.

However, the application was denied just because of the gap in between 2002 and now, time we faced so much hardship and trials. It was not easy being apart, but we are a genuine family.

We are thinking to reapply rather than just appeal.

I am very disappointed and honestly don't know why he wasn't called for an interview. What should we do and what papers should we submit to satisfy the officer.

Anyone that was in the same situation, please help.
Thank you!

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: My husband was refused EEA family permit application

Post by rosebead » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:04 pm

I don't understand, what did the refusal say exactly? By "gap" are you saying that because you and your husband have been apart so long that the Home Office does not think you have a marriage anymore? Please elaborate. The HO can't refuse you just because you and your husband have been unable to live together for a long time - that's ridiculous.