ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which ILR category !!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mamun_tair
Newly Registered

Which ILR category !!

Post by mamun_tair » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Dear senior members,
I am just wondering if any one can give me advise on which category of ILR I shall apply for

My Immigration history:
1) Sep 2004- We entered the uk as a student and my wife as a student dependent . the visa was valid until Jan 2009.
2) Nov 2008 - got a Work permit visa. The visa was valid until Nov- 2011.
3) Jan- 2012 - switch to Teir2 to extend my work, the visa was valid until 14-07-2012

4) before the expire date of my Teir 2 visa and based on my son health condition I applied for FLR(O) visa on the 6th of July 2012.

5) I have got a job offer during the processing of the FLR(O) application, and applied for Teir2 application.

6) The home office asked me to choose one of the applications and I choose the Teir 2 application. The home office granted me a Teir 2 visa on may - 2013. The visa is valid until Dec-2014. On the SAR record rhe caseworker wrote : the applicant varied the FLR(o) application to Teir 2 therfore the FLR(O) is withdrawn.

As I was on visa application for more than 5 years can I apply under this rule. Please keep in mind the 10 months out of work during the processing time of the home office.

Or Shall I wait till August and apply for 10 years Long residency rule.

Many thanks
Mamun

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Which ILR category !!

Post by sagareva » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:44 pm

tricky one, but generally i dont see why not apply for PBS settlement as tier 2

technically you filed new application while your tier 2 was valid, so the resulting 3C leave would be also tier 2, and siince you then varied application back to tier 2, i do not see how they can claim you were ever in any other status

one thing is 10 months out of work, that i dont know, someone else will have to advise, i do not know if you are allowed breaks in employment for compelling reasons -- if yes then clearly you can argue that not being sure whether you had right to work will be a compelling reason

the advantage to that over applying for 10-year route, as i understand, that your wife will be immediately eligible (and on 10-year rte, she may not be)

mamun_tair
Newly Registered

Re: Which ILR category !!

Post by mamun_tair » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Thanks for your reply sagareva ,
My wife entered UK same day as I. so she is eligible for 10 years route as well.