ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

priscaltony

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by priscaltony » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:30 pm

Al Haqq wrote:@everyone,
Did you watch the channel 4 news last night, Theresa May/or her office is not only failing immigrants she is failing British citizen as well. They have back log of passports. I guess they stopped processing the BC passport so that they can process as many refusal as possible :?
Hi Al Haqq,

I am a secret member of this forum, I have decided not to join all this while as most cases on here do not really apply to me. Anyway I read sometimes here that you won your appeal base on private life and you represented yourself at the court.

I am in a similar situation, I applied with my family and were refused in August 2013 with the right of appeal as we have always had visa. Appeal was suppose to be held in February 2014 but was withdrawn on the day by the HO for a reconsideration.
The reconsideration has been refused again with the right of an appeal based on the "reasonable policy" that we did not prove that it will not be reasonable to live elsewhere outside the UK. Short immigration story, my husband will clock ten years being in UK in few months, and I have a child born here now 7 years and the rest of us 8 years, all legal throughout.

Is there any advise you can share with us to fight their reason for refusal at the court please. Jazakalahu kaira (God bless you).

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:29 pm

priscaltony wrote:
Did you watch the channel 4 news last night, Theresa May/or her office is not only failing immigrants she is failing British citizen as well. They have back log of passports. I guess they stopped processing the BC passport so that they can process as many refusal as possible :?
Hi Al Haqq,

I am a secret member of this forum, I have decided not to join all this while as most cases on here do not really apply to me. Anyway I read sometimes here that you won your appeal base on private life and you represented yourself at the court.

I am in a similar situation, I applied with my family and were refused in August 2013 with the right of appeal as we have always had visa. Appeal was suppose to be held in February 2014 but was withdrawn on the day by the HO for a reconsideration.
The reconsideration has been refused again with the right of an appeal based on the "reasonable policy" that we did not prove that it will not be reasonable to live elsewhere outside the UK. Short immigration story, my husband will clock ten years being in UK in few months, and I have a child born here now 7 years and the rest of us 8 years, all legal throughout.

Is there any advise you can share with us to fight their reason for refusal at the court please. Jazakalahu kaira (God bless you).
priscaltony- you are welcome to the forum. First will your partner clock the ten years before the appeal date? If yes that will be a good thing since the right of appeal allow him to remain "legal during the appeal depending on the status his on".
If no then you have to fight it out in court but it could be 50-50 chance depending on the judge And how good your barrister is. Please kindly go through these two cases and see if it could be of help to you. Note this are unreported cases.
1.https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 7-2013-ors
2.https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 7-2013-ors
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:20 pm

priscaltony wrote:
Hi Al Haqq,

If u dont mind kindly share your timeline

How many years u spent here when u made your application.?

What was your last visa?

How old were your child when u applied for private life application?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:19 am

nilemarques wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:
nilemarques wrote:Greetings one and all. Hope I find you in good health and making the most of the sunny weather!!

Just a little note to update you on my application. I did manage to put in an app for oral renewal and I have been given a date for August.

Stay blessed!
Very happy for you, that is good news in the right direction. Good luck.
Thanks Al Haq. It sure is a step in the right direction. Now just need to convince judge that the amoebas are wrong in not issuing the removal orders.

Quick question though Al Haq if I may. In my judicial review, the judge made mention of HO's refusal reasons which I feel he shouldn't have as I don't have a right of appeal against the original decision. Do you think if I try to be sneaky at court and raise up the issues instead of just fighting for removal notice. Lol!! Worth a try don't you think? Might save me at least 1 court appearance as I fight on.
@nilemarques,
I am not sure I got the question right, but I will try and answer to the best of my understanding.
Because you are representing yourself I believe the judge may ask you open end questions and this will give you the opportunity to say your reasons why you can not go back to your home country.
Prepare your responses very well and probably write it out as bullets points.
For instance, the judge asked me three times in total at different times if I had anything I would like to tell him. He also questioned me. Every time he gives me the opportunity I just kept repeating the fact that it is not reasonable to ask my children to leave the UK especially the one that was born here who knows no where else as home. I will say use all reason that you have even reasons against the refusal decision and the removal notice( write it down but remember to say most of your important reasons). I hope I have answered your question if not I apologise and I will try again if you let me know. :?

Al Haqq

Re: Discretionary leave travel requirement

Post by Al Haqq » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:23 am

mickey88 wrote:Hi,

I have been granted 2 years discretionary leave after failed asylum, I have received my Biometric card and now I am wondering what do I need to travel aboard apart from my passport and the Biometric card? ...I there other things that I need to do before travelling aboard? also with my 2 years discretionary leave would I be able to travel to my home country?

thanks to you all
Congratulations, I believe you need your passport to travel anywhere you want. However, I will be careful about travelling to your home country directly. since you said you tried to claim asylum. I am not sure there is a law against that but they may use it as an excuse in your future application. I guess you could find a way round going to your country. :wink: I hope this helps

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:33 am

priscaltony wrote:
Hi Al Haqq,

@priscaltony, Waeeyakum, La shukran ala wajib
Firstly, I believe Kukuwife has given a brilliant suggestion above.
So the decision is yours if the appeal date fall after the 10yrs, I will suggest you go for it either way. PLEASE do not withdraw you appeal at any time.
Right, you will need to build your reasons MAINLY round your children who have now spent 7& 8 years.
Then your husband having a stability in terms of Job and relating how this will affect him hence the children and you if he has to start afresh. But you have to be careful about this because if you have been back in your home country within this past time this will be questioned. I hope this answers some of your questions. Build your case solidly round the children.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:19 am

@Kukuwife
Thank you for your response, I haven't received an appeal date and hopefully he would have clocked the 10 years long residence here before the appeal date.

@Zee Ali,
My kids were 9,7 and 5 respectively when we made the application
Last status - PSW
App. made - July 2012
App refused - August 2013
Appeal was - February 2014
Appeal withdrawn - February 2014 (on the day)
New refusal with a right of appeal after reconsideration - June 2014
New hearing date - still waiting.

Thanks all.
Last edited by priscaltony on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:29 am

@ Al Haqq
Thank you for your response, like I've said in my previous reply, I don't have a date yet for the new hearing. Hopefully this will buy us time for my husband to clock the 10years limit.

I will try my best to build my case and hopefully this will end soon. Genuinely, going back to my home country isn't in the best interest of the kids.

Anyway, Allah (God) knows best and I hope HE will rise and fight for my family on this case as only by HIS mercy I seek mercy for all of us in all our affairs.

Thank you all again and all the best.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:25 am

Congratulations to those who have been granted a stay and enjoy your freedom.

@New Bloggers...welcome to the forum and all the best with your applications.

@Alhaqq...I believe soon you be receiving positive news :D

@Nile...Thank God,you got an oral hearing and pray that God makes a way for you.

@Rina...I pray they also grant you an oral hearing and God is fighting this battle for you.

@Usual Suspects...hello..
Hello and hope all is well with you.

To all the daddies in this forum...Happy Father's Day and May God bless you!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:51 am

[quote="Al Haqq"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="Al Haqq"][quote="nilemarques"]Greetings one and all. Hope I find you in good health and making the most of the sunny weather!!

Just a little note to update you on my application. I did manage to put in an app for oral renewal and I have been given a date for August.

Stay blessed![/quote]

Very happy for you, that is good news in the right direction. Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks Al Haq. It sure is a step in the right direction. Now just need to convince judge that the amoebas are wrong in not issuing the removal orders.

Quick question though Al Haq if I may. In my judicial review, the judge made mention of HO's refusal reasons which I feel he shouldn't have as I don't have a right of appeal against the original decision. Do you think if I try to be sneaky at court and raise up the issues instead of just fighting for removal notice. Lol!! Worth a try don't you think? Might save me at least 1 court appearance as I fight on.[/quote]
@nilemarques,
I am not sure I got the question right, but I will try and answer to the best of my understanding.
Because you are representing yourself I believe the judge may ask you open end questions and this will give you the opportunity to say your reasons why you can not go back to your home country.
Prepare your responses very well and probably write it out as bullets points.
For instance, the judge asked me three times in total at different times if I had anything I would like to tell him. He also questioned me. Every time he gives me the opportunity I just kept repeating the fact that it is not reasonable to ask my children to leave the UK especially the one that was born here who knows no where else as home. I will say use all reason that you have even reasons against the refusal decision and the removal notice( write it down but remember to say most of your important reasons). I hope I have answered your question if not I apologise and I will try again if you let me know. :?[/quote]

Thanks Al Haqq. Maybe I didn't phrase it quite as good as I should. What I'm trying to say is: Currently I am fighting for the SSHD to issue me with a removal notice to generate a right of appeal. Say I win the case and get issued a removal notice, I will then appeal to the courts again about the original WRONG decision. So in order to avoid having to appeal again, do you think I may be able to argue the decision then or I may have to go through the process again? I hope I was a lot clearer now.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:58 am

[quote="Keisha"]Congratulations to those who have been granted a stay and enjoy your freedom.

@New Bloggers...welcome to the forum and all the best with your applications.

@Alhaqq...I believe soon you be receiving positive news :D

@Nile...Thank God,you got an oral hearing and pray that God makes a way for you.

@Rina...I pray they also grant you an oral hearing and God is fighting this battle for you.

@Usual Suspects...hello..
Hello and hope all is well with you.

To all the daddies in this forum...Happy Father's Day and May God bless you![/quote]

Thanks Keisha! Hope all is well with you. Come August, I hope to kick that wretched woman's butt! Lol! We all know who she is. I'm taking it all the way.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:42 pm

@Nile...God is with every step of the way.Please by her a bag of sugar, just for incase...lol.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:23 pm

[quote="Keisha"]@Nile...God is with every step of the way.Please by her a bag of sugar, just for incase...lol.[/quote]

@Nile...I suggest you check the tribunal link that Kuku wife posted to filter somes cases and get pointers for your oral preparation. All the best!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:29 pm

[quote="Keisha"][quote="Keisha"]@Nile...God is with every step of the way.Please by her a bag of sugar, just for incase...lol.[/quote]

@Nile...I suggest you check the tribunal link that Kuku wife posted to filter somes cases and get pointers for your oral preparation. All the best![/quote]

@Keisha. I'll buy a 10kg bag. Lol!! Yeah, will do just that. Am filtering through the forum right now to find anything that might be helpful! Thank you. I want to be prepared for an all out war!!

clee4
Newly Registered

Post by clee4 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:04 am

Just an update, the DX driver re-delivered this morning. Was indeed my BRP card. Very happy that this whole process is over at least for another 5 years. It took almost exactly two months from start to finish. I missed a royal mail delivery on Sat which I'm assuming is my approval letter and documents. And the delivery driver knew what he was delivering as he said he had a visa when I opened the door! Please find my timeline below:

FLR(O) - applied 10/04/14
Application received/biometric/ECHR letter -19/4/2014
Biometrics done 22/4/14
Missed package from DX 13/6/14
Missed letter from Royal Mail 14/6/14 (Assuming approval letter and documents)
BRP Received from DX 16/6/14

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:46 am

clee4 wrote:Just an update, the DX driver re-delivered this morning. Was indeed my BRP card. Very happy that this whole process is over at least for another 5 years. It took almost exactly two months from start to finish. I missed a royal mail delivery on Sat which I'm assuming is my approval letter and documents. And the delivery driver knew what he was delivering as he said he had a visa when I opened the door! Please find my timeline below:

Biometrics done 22/4/14

Congratulations again, we share the same timeline only that they asked me for more documents which they have received today. so hopefully i get a response by the end of the week. Did you say you have been given 5 years?
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:59 am

clee4 wrote:Just an update, the DX driver re-delivered this morning. Was indeed my BRP card. Very happy that this whole process is over at least for another 5 years. It took almost exactly two months from start to finish. I missed a royal mail delivery on Sat which I'm assuming is my approval letter and documents. And the delivery driver knew what he was delivering as he said he had a visa when I opened the door! Please find my timeline below:

Biometrics done 22/4/14
Big congratulations to you and your family
Your expectation will manifest very soon

God's time
Newly Registered

Post by God's time » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Biometrics done 22/4/14

Congrats to you and your family. Enjoy your summer.

Collins123
Newly Registered

Post by Collins123 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:17 pm

imensh wrote:Hi lovely people, I would like to share my timeline:

Applied under FLR(FP) based on British husband and child. Came as a visitor now an overstayer.

Application sent: 05/06/2014
Received by HO: 06/06/2014
Fees taken: 09/06/2014
Acknowledgment letter: 12/06/2014 dated 09/06/2014
Biometrics and ECHR letters: 13/06/2014 dated 11/06/2014
Biometrics done: 13/06/2014
Decision: waiting........

Wish the best of luck to all people waiting and hopefully we will all get a positive outcome and finally freedom.

Hello imenshi, I am new to this forum. We have the same time scale. I applied on Flr Fp as a father of achild settled in the UK. My marriage broke down after living with my then wife for two years of probation period. I couldn't turn my Spouse visa in ILR. So I applied in this type of catagory. My current visa expires 28/06/2014.
Application received 05/06/2014
Money taken out 06/06/2014
Bio letter and ECHR 13/06/2014
Bio Done 13/06/2014
Waiting for the out come as usual.

Following other people's experience on here, I would say success depends on the person handling your application. With Luck on our side, we will get a positive outcome in God's Name.
To throw some light in my case,
My Ex gave me access right to the child letter,
She refused to give me my daughter's passport and birth certificate, however, I managed to get one from the town hall.
So I have explained everything in the cover letter but included my daughters passport photocopy with a copy of ILR.
I have also traffic offences (insurance & Speeding) which I guess may limit my chances. I declared the convictions.
I do have aJob as a full time carer and pay taxes. Included recommendations from work n that sort of staff. Am remaining positive but extremely very nervous. I read people's stories here to encourage myself and to pave away forward in case the worst is to come. However, I remain positive that my relative "LUCK is on my side.

I wish you and everyone Luck who's going through immigration troubles. One day we will finally settle.

God bless you all and thanks for sharing.

Joe

Collins123
Newly Registered

Post by Collins123 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Hello every one, please share with me your incredible experiences as I am new to this forum.
I applied on form FLR(FP)as a father of a child settled in the UK. My marriage broke down after living with my then wife for two years of probation period. I couldn't turn my Spouse visa in ILR. So I applied in this type of catagory. My current visa expires 28/06/2014. 

Bio Done 13/06/2014

Following other people's experience am following so far on here, I would say success depends on the person handling your application. With Luck on our side, we will get a positive outcome in God's Name. 
I arrived in the UK 2years ago. Am still legal till 28/06/2014. Marriage broke down in April/2014 after end of two years. My baby mama refused to sign my ILR application when time was due but we still stayed together and I pay child support and welfare every month between £300-400 through my Exs A/c and also I pay some utility bills. I have proof of address since I arrived in the UK.
my baby holds a Ugandan passport with ILR and the her mum as well. (They don't hold British passports). Here I am now fighting for my freedom and my daughter's freedom.
My Ex gave me access right to the child letter, after along battle between me and her through mediation.
She refused to give me my daughter's passport and birth certificate, however, I managed to get one from the town hall.
So I have explained everything in the cover letter but included my daughters passport photocopy with a copy of ILR.
I have also traffic offences (insurance & Speeding; paid court) fines) which I guess may limit my chances. I declared the convictions.
I do have aJob as a full time carer and pay taxes. Included recommendations from work n that sort of staff. Attached registration leters from my Gp for me and my baby. (My daughter is making 4 in November) Am remaining positive but extremely very nervous. I read people's stories here to encourage myself and to pave away forward in case the worst is to come. However, I remain positive that my relative "LUCK is on my side.
Please, feel free every one to share and throw more advise according to your experiences especially regarding convictions. Am worried tho positive. I didn't use any lawyer.

I wish you and everyone Luck who's going through immigration troubles. One day we will finally settle.

Joe

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Collins123 wrote:Hello every one, please share with me your incredible experiences as I am new to this forum.
I applied on form FLR(FP)as a father of a child settled in the UK. My marriage broke down after living with my then wife for two years of probation period. I couldn't turn my Spouse visa in ILR. So I applied in this type of catagory. My current visa expires 28/06/2014. 

Bio Done 13/06/2014

Following other people's experience am following so far on here, I would say success depends on the person handling your application. With Luck on our side, we will get a positive outcome in God's Name. 
I arrived in the UK 2years ago. Am still legal till 28/06/2014. Marriage broke down in April/2014 after end of two years. My baby mama refused to sign my ILR application when time was due but we still stayed together and I pay child support and welfare every month between £300-400 through my Exs A/c and also I pay some utility bills. I have proof of address since I arrived in the UK.
my baby holds a Ugandan passport with ILR and the her mum as well. (They don't hold British passports). Here I am now fighting for my freedom and my daughter's freedom.
My Ex gave me access right to the child letter, after along battle between me and her through mediation.
I have also traffic offences (insurance & Speeding; paid court) fines) which I guess may limit my chances. I declared the convictions.
I do have aJob as a full time carer and pay taxes. Included recommendations from work n that sort of staff. Attached registration leters from my Gp for me and my baby. (My daughter is making 4 in November) Am remaining positive but extremely very nervous. I read people's stories here to encourage myself and to pave away forward in case the worst is to come. However, I remain positive that my relative "LUCK is on my side.
Please, feel free every one to share and throw more advise according to your experiences especially regarding convictions. Am worried tho positive. I didn't use any lawyer.

Joe
Hi there, Welcome to the forum its full of good stuff and hope for the best. Every case on here is unique and HO decides cases on their own merit. Am also Ugandan. Good luck
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

imensh
Newly Registered

Post by imensh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Collins123 wrote:
imensh wrote:Hi lovely people, I would like to share my timeline:

Applied under FLR(FP) based on British husband and child. Came as a visitor now an overstayer.

Application sent: 05/06/2014
Received by HO: 06/06/2014
Fees taken: 09/06/2014
Acknowledgment letter: 12/06/2014 dated 09/06/2014
Biometrics and ECHR letters: 13/06/2014 dated 11/06/2014
Biometrics done: 13/06/2014
Decision: waiting........

Wish the best of luck to all people waiting and hopefully we will all get a positive outcome and finally freedom.

Hello imenshi, I am new to this forum. We have the same time scale. I applied on Flr Fp as a father of achild settled in the UK. My marriage broke down after living with my then wife for two years of probation period. I couldn't turn my Spouse visa in ILR. So I applied in this type of catagory. My current visa expires 28/06/2014.
Bio Done 13/06/2014

Following other people's experience on here, I would say success depends on the person handling your application. With Luck on our side, we will get a positive outcome in God's Name.
My Ex gave me access right to the child letter,
I have also traffic offences (insurance & Speeding) which I guess may limit my chances. I declared the convictions.
I do have aJob as a full time carer and pay taxes. Included recommendations from work n that sort of staff. Am remaining positive but extremely very nervous. I read people's stories here to encourage myself and to pave away forward in case the worst is to come. However, I remain positive that my relative "LUCK is on my side.

Joe
Thanks collins123, like members said each case is different as we are all applying through the human rights route which can be tricky and based on the discretion of the case worker. Let's all stay positive and hope for the best.
Praying for all of you ;)

Collins123
Newly Registered

Post by Collins123 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:08 pm

es2013 wrote:
Collins123 wrote:Hello every one, please share with me your incredible experiences as I am new to this forum.

Bio Done 13/06/2014

Joe
Hi there, Welcome to the forum its full of good stuff and hope for the best. Every case on here is unique and HO decides cases on their own merit. Am also Ugandan. Good luck
Hi es2013, Lovely meeting you here. Have read about your experience in the past. Basing on that, I will remain positive and wait for the outcome. I won't give up tho. Thanks alot

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Hello beautiful people,

Congrats to everyone that has been granted.

Please I need your help again.

Basically before I made this new application in January, I previously made an application in 2012 July which got refused in august 2013. And apparently we went for judicial review after the acknowledgement of service was issued, we got to know that the lawyer has written false things in my application which never existed and made false stories up. We decided to seek help with another lawyer who advised that we make a fresh application and withdraw the judicial review which I did. But unfortunately this evening, I got a letter from Tsol saying they have been granted court order that I should pay 240 pounds if not my name will be written in the HO database and they will be chasing me. Seriously I think the old lawyer should be responsible for the payment because he was the one that caused this for me upon all the money we paid him which we never got back.

Lastly, please can this affect my current Judicial review as I've not heard anything from them and moreover I can't afford the money like seriously. Thanks

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:18 pm

@ nile
I believe this is achievable. I think so, because you are not a lawyer and include everything you can in your appeal. Good luck.