ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering child as British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Neonhere
Newly Registered

Registering child as British Citizen

Post by Neonhere » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Hello Everyone

We are in a process of sending MN1 form to register our son as British Citizen as we have been issued ILR. My son was born before our ILR application. We didn't include him in our ILR application as I believe we can register him directly as British Citizen under section 1(3) . I have read the FAQs for registering child as British Citizenship and had a few queries

1. Does section 3 & 4 of MN1 form apply to our son (he is 2yrs old)
2. We have recently received our ILR and he is on visa which expires on 28th June – Would this have any impact on his application? (He was born in UK)
3. Is there any other process or documentation I need to provide with MN1 other than passport for 1 parent with BP, passport photo, Birth certificate?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks & Regards

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Registering child as British Citizen

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Neonhere wrote:Hello Everyone

We are in a process of sending MN1 form to register our son as British Citizen as we have been issued ILR. My son was born before our ILR application. We didn't include him in our ILR application as I believe we can register him directly as British Citizen under section 1(3) . I have read the FAQs for registering child as British Citizenship and had a few queries

1. Does section 3 & 4 of MN1 form apply to our son (he is 2yrs old)
I left section 3 empty as none of us were british, i guess the same applies to you. section 4 clearly says that it applies if children are 10+ years old so leave this one blank too.
2. We have recently received our ILR and he is on visa which expires on 28th June – Would this have any impact on his application? (He was born in UK)
No this will not be an issue. Your child is "entitled" to BC meaning it is not at the discretion of UKBA.
3. Is there any other process or documentation I need to provide with MN1 other than passport for 1 parent with BP, passport photo, Birth certificate?
I think you have covered everything. I am assuming you are providing references. Applying via NCS might provide another set of eyes to spot any issues but in general it seems like a straightforward case so dont worry too much.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks & Regards