ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aneesa786

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by aneesa786 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Emailed UKVI on Saturday and got a reply this morning to say they have the application hasn't even been assessed by and an ECO yet! This is beyond a joke now! Submitted the online app on 20th December 2013 and submitted documents on 30th December 2013. I have just been to Pakistan to see my hubby for 3 weeks and leaving him at the airport was the hardest thing ever. It's been 6 and a half months and they haven't even picked up his application yet :cry:
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:05 pm

magicman316 wrote:My father in law just went to collect my wife's passport and Alhamdolillah - Visa Granted!

Thanks for all the help people have given on here and I hope to stick around to give back the same help to people who need it.

Congratulations :)

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:07 pm

aneesa786 wrote:Emailed UKVI on Saturday and got a reply this morning to say they have the application hasn't even been assessed by and an ECO yet! This is beyond a joke now! Submitted the online app on 20th December 2013 and submitted documents on 30th December 2013. I have just been to Pakistan to see my hubby for 3 weeks and leaving him at the airport was the hardest thing ever. It's been 6 and a half months and they haven't even picked up his application yet :cry:
What an absolute joke! Aneesa786, it's time you contact your MP. Explain the situation to them and get them to contact the BHC in Islamabad. It may help get them to look at your application. I don't believe there is a back-log that bad! It must mean that they're prioritising applications over others, which to be honest, is not fair at all.

Do you mind if I ask what categories you applied with?

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:10 pm

prayforus wrote:
aneesa786 wrote:Emailed UKVI on Saturday and got a reply this morning to say they have the application hasn't even been assessed by and an ECO yet! This is beyond a joke now! Submitted the online app on 20th December 2013 and submitted documents on 30th December 2013. I have just been to Pakistan to see my hubby for 3 weeks and leaving him at the airport was the hardest thing ever. It's been 6 and a half months and they haven't even picked up his application yet :cry:
What an absolute joke! Aneesa786, it's time you contact your MP. Explain the situation to them and get them to contact the BHC in Islamabad. It may help get them to look at your application. I don't believe there is a back-log that bad! It must mean that they're prioritising applications over others, which to be honest, is not fair at all.

I applied under A salaried employment + D cash savings

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:15 pm

tallojani wrote:
magicman316 wrote:My father in law just went to collect my wife's passport and Alhamdolillah - Visa Granted!

Thanks for all the help people have given on here and I hope to stick around to give back the same help to people who need it.
Congrats, I noticed you mentioned that you provided 2 months worth communication records between you and your wife from nikha to application date, does that mean you put down arrange marriage in your application?
That's exactly what I did. I was open and honest about everything. From the fact that we were engaged a week before Nikah and that our first meeting was at Nikah and that our last meeting was 3 days later. It was difficult being so honest because I thought at the time that they may question the marriage but I thought its better to be honest as thats exactly how things panned out and its not against the law to have an arranged marriage.

I guess I was 100% honest and it paid off.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:22 pm

congratulations magicman

hoping we all get visa soon. waiting is the toughest thing ever :( hope january applicants start getting visa IA

i also got an email last month that your application not been assessed by the ECO yet..

please guide me some formal wordings to write email to bhc about my application..

as i applied on 31st January 2014

jazakallah
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:25 pm

aneesa786 wrote: I applied under A salaried employment + D cash savings

So the same as me. I suggest you contact your local MP first and foremost. Then go from there.

Magicman316, better being honest. Never lie on your application or about anything. If you lie once and get caught, they'll think you'll lie in any future application you make. They know the ins and outs of everything, you cannot fool the ECO's.

Phaara, contact UKVI. Mention that you have had no update and you would like to know the status of your application, and if that it has been seen from by an ECO. They have usually replied within 1 working day when we have contacted them. Normally they give an estimate of 3 working days.

Magicman316 - when you received a message to collect the documents. Am I right in thinking it was via e-mail/text message, or did they call too?

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:38 pm

If you look at the visa processing times for each city in pakistan, Mirpur has got the best record for the month of May. Islamabad has the worst. This could be due to the backlog that is in Islamabad since the change came into place. Is it confirmed that each city now has it's own processing centre?

magicman and prayforus - which city were your applications made?

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:42 pm

I received an email on Friday morning saying that the paplication had been returned to VAC and was ready for collection. I got this at 7am UK time, then at about 10am UK time my wife got a call on her mobile in pak saying the same.

I applied in Islamabad.

I'd also advise never to lie on the application, its better to be honest because at least you can prove the turth if its questionned.
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

shah1991

Post by shah1991 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:45 pm

congrats magician316 i wish we all knew bit of those tricks been waiting since november.... :(

yasen

Post by yasen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:27 pm

phaara wrote:congratulations magicman

hoping we all get visa soon. waiting is the toughest thing ever :( hope january applicants start getting visa IA

i also got an email last month that your application not been assessed by the ECO yet..

please guide me some formal wordings to write email to bhc about my application..

as i applied on 31st January 2014

jazakallah

Im a jan applicant to went to MP he said in april yr app was looked at but no decision has been made i rang him last week he said you might hear sumat after 2 weeks. in april they checked not sure whats taking sooo long

asiabi
Newly Registered

Post by asiabi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:36 pm

congratulations really pleased for u

How long did it take or the visa to be granted . I emailed them and got a reply saying that more enquires are being made, Is that good or bad not sure what to think of it . I'm SO nervous

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:37 pm

My wife applied in mirpur on the 30th of May 2014.

On the 2nd of June 2014, she recieved 2 e-mails telling her, her application has been dispatched to the UKVI Decision making centre, Mirpur.

On the 4th of June 2014, UKVI replied back to our enquiry if our application had been looked at. They said there was no record of the application at the moment. Possibly because their systems hadn't been updated.

Today, 16th of June 2014, UKVI replied back to our enquiry that the application has been looked at by an ECO, but no decision has been made, pending further enquiries.

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:51 pm

asiabi wrote:congratulations really pleased for u

How long did it take or the visa to be granted . I emailed them and got a reply saying that more enquires are being made, Is that good or bad not sure what to think of it . I'm SO nervous
We applied on 27th May 2014 and got the email to collect on Friday 13th 2014 (not such an unlucky date for me!) - so then picked up today and was granted visa.

They are doing moreenquiries. This is very good news, it basically means that your turn is here and they are looking into your app an checking out your documents. I was nervous too when I found this status last Thursday but then the very next day I got email for collection and the visa was stamped with last thursdays date too so they clearly did their checking in just one day and were satisfied, issued visa and sent back to VAC.

I think you're almost there, insha Allah. Just keep an eye on your inbox.

I downloaded the gmail app on my idiot-phone especially so that I'd get their email pop up, which is exactly what happened. I was even looking at my phone when it came up on Friday morning before getting ready for work.

Best of luck to all.

Even though my wife got it I still have to wait till August when she can come as I have to go there for Rukhsatti... as haven't had that yet.
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:56 pm

magicman316 wrote:
asiabi wrote:congratulations really pleased for u

We applied on 27th May 2014 and got the email to collect on Friday 13th 2014 (not such an unlucky date for me!) - so then picked up today and was granted visa.

They are doing moreenquiries. This is very good news, it basically means that your turn is here and they are looking into your app an checking out your documents. I was nervous too when I found this status last Thursday but then the very next day I got email for collection and the visa was stamped with last thursdays date too so they clearly did their checking in just one day and were satisfied, issued visa and sent back to VAC.

I think you're almost there, insha Allah. Just keep an eye on your inbox.

I downloaded the gmail app on my idiot-phone especially so that I'd get their email pop up, which is exactly what happened. I was even looking at my phone when it came up on Friday morning before getting ready for work.

Best of luck to all.

Even though my wife got it I still have to wait till August when she can come as I have to go there for Rukhsatti... as haven't had that yet.
I check inbox everyday. It's nerve racking. I know our application is sound, it's just we have to satisfy the ECO. I answered everything that could possibly be questioned in the application when it is reviewed. I also attached our 1st letter mentioning that her first application was on hold, and how we now meet that. Everything else was pretty much the same. Going to see what happens but I'm hoping we are as lucky as yourselves and get the e-mail to collect by tomorrow!

Not sure what else to say apart from keep praying for everyone on here. It's not easy at all. :(

We applied 3 days after you, and I counted 12 days from when you submitted that you were told it's pending on further enquires. Today is the 12th day for us and it's also pending on further enquires. Hope tomorrow is lucky for us!

By the way, how do you know you've got the visa? Is their a letter accompanying it or just the stamp in the passport?

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Yasen it means with in 2 weeks time we all january applicants will hear somthng good IA.
Just making dua dua and dua
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

GravelyConcerned
Newly Registered

Post by GravelyConcerned » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:16 pm

prayforus

got the same email as you....

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi I need a bit of help regarding the Nikahnama which must be submitted

I understand that you must provide an urdu AND english translated version of the nikahnama, verified by union council, signed, stamped and dated with union council contact details.

My only issue is this:

We unfortunately lost the original Nikahnamahs due to some unfortunate events, but we still have photocopies, and photocopies are also available from the Union council, they said they will provide them, and do necessary translation as per the requirements.

Do you HAVE to submit the ORIGINAL nikahnamah, as in is it a MUST, or will attested, signed, stamped and dated photocopies of the nikahnamah do?

Please can someone shed some light on this issue please please please please please!

asiabi
Newly Registered

Post by asiabi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:46 pm

thanks a lot magicman316, plz pray for me :?

Nadizee

Post by Nadizee » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:56 pm

aneesa786 wrote:
prayforus wrote:

I applied under A salaried employment + D cash savings
Asslam-u-alykum aneesa they gv me Rply back after 6 nd half months when Mp asked for app,,,,,nd they said bank statement missing where salty goes in,,,,,after long time they jst checked,,,,now again my process been started so pls do pray for me ,,,nd wish u best of luck

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:12 pm

The visa page has been put into my wife's passport with start date and expiry date, with her pic and visa details. I dont know whether a letter accompanied the return of her passport or not, I dont even know if we got back our documents but I imagine we would have. Dont know this as Im in the UK and only briefly spoke with my father in law this morning who collected it. I was just so happy that it was granted, forgot to ask the details.

Does anyone know if the TB Test certificate has to be presented at passport control upon arrival in the UK? Is there anything else my wie should know? I will be accompanying her anyway. Whats the deal with polio test certificates in Pakistan these days, is this now a requirement and is it only for pakistnai nationals or for british passport holders who visit there as well?

prayforus, Trust me you'll be fine and get your answer soon because I saw others in same position as us who applied around same date and they went into further enquiries and then all of a sudden boom, visa granted. i think their systems are better these days for new applications and are getting done super fast. Best of luck. You're all in my duwa's.
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:20 pm

magicman316 wrote:The visa page has been put into my wife's passport with start date and expiry date, with her pic and visa details. I dont know whether a letter accompanied the return of her passport or not, I dont even know if we got back our documents but I imagine we would have. Dont know this as Im in the UK and only briefly spoke with my father in law this morning who collected it. I was just so happy that it was granted, forgot to ask the details.

Does anyone know if the TB Test certificate has to be presented at passport control upon arrival in the UK? Is there anything else my wie should know? I will be accompanying her anyway. Whats the deal with polio test certificates in Pakistan these days, is this now a requirement and is it only for pakistnai nationals or for british passport holders who visit there as well?

prayforus, Trust me you'll be fine and get your answer soon because I saw others in same position as us who applied around same date and they went into further enquiries and then all of a sudden boom, visa granted. i think their systems are better these days for new applications and are getting done super fast. Best of luck. You're all in my duwa's.
Thanks for telling me, at least my wife will know what to look for.

TB certficate is a must, same with polio as of June 1st 2014, it is now a requirement for Pakistani travelling internationally. You can get it from a district hospital or at the airport. This is from what I read online regarding it.

I hope you are right. I'm just worried a little bit as I'm not sure what else they would need to check since everything is practically the same as before. I haven't changed employment, banks, house etc..So not sure what else they would need to check. :?

I'll keep everyone updated and document the whole process once the visa is granted InshAllah.

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Where do you need to show the polio certificate?
at the pakistnai airport or on arrival in whichever country you're going to?

Surely its a quick thing to get a certificate from the airport otherwise travellers may get delayed.

A part from TB Certificcate, anything else that should be at hand to show the immigration officer upon arrival into UK?

Thanks.
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:56 pm

magicman316 wrote:Where do you need to show the polio certificate?
at the pakistnai airport or on arrival in whichever country you're going to?

Surely its a quick thing to get a certificate from the airport otherwise travellers may get delayed.

A part from TB Certificcate, anything else that should be at hand to show the immigration officer upon arrival into UK?

Thanks.
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news ... zation-WHO Have a read of that. It's interesting but should give you an insight at the nuisance of getting it done. It may not be like that for anyone else, but being Pakistan, nothing is ever in an organised manner.

I'd suggest getting it done now so it's out of the way.

And this is another read mentioning the 1st of June 2014; http://tribune.com.pk/story/707958/for- ... om-june-1/

Carry all the documents with you. To show why your wife has come to the UK with you, it will prove her visa and where she will be staying etc.

Crimbo111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Crimbo111 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Congrats Magicman.

I think its fair to say that since they implemented new visa application system, there has been quick turnaround for new applicants.

Since, I'm in the same boat as your Miss Magicman, let me know how you get on with Polio and TB certificate.

I've booked ticket for first week of next Month.