ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

peo changed appointment - now applying before 28 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jlolololo
Mood:
Ireland

peo changed appointment - now applying before 28 days

Post by jlolololo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:48 pm

My husband booked a peo appt 27 days before his visa expires (applying for ilr from spouse of uk citizen settlement visa). Today the peo called him and said they were having issues with appts on the day he booked, and asked if they could change his appt to two days before, which would be 29 days before his visa expires. He explained situation to them and they said it would be fine. What do you think? I am panicking that we will show up on the day and they will say he is too early to apply.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: peo changed appointment - now applying before 28 days

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:49 pm

What date did he enter the UK on his spouse visa?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jlolololo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jlolololo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:51 pm

6 august 2012. Appt was booked for 10 july, they have changed it to 8 july

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm sure you'll be fine. They wouldn't have offered you the appointment otherwise.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jlolololo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jlolololo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks casa. I hope so.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:06 pm

well the date 28 days before is not in any rule or guidance

it is just a general rule of thumb HO use, technically they are not obligated to consider cases not 28 days, not even 1 day before

so on that basis I suppose 29 could be just as well, but do bring print out of the original appt confirmation if you need to argue