ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saif414029
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by saif414029 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:50 pm

magicman316 wrote:The visa page has been put into my wife's passport with start date and expiry date, with her pic and visa details. I dont know whether a letter accompanied the return of her passport or not, I dont even know if we got back our documents but I imagine we would have. Dont know this as Im in the UK and only briefly spoke with my father in law this morning who collected it. I was just so happy that it was granted, forgot to ask the details.

Does anyone know if the TB Test certificate has to be presented at passport control upon arrival in the UK? Is there anything else my wie should know? I will be accompanying her anyway. Whats the deal with polio test certificates in Pakistan these days, is this now a requirement and is it only for pakistnai nationals or for british passport holders who visit there as well?

prayforus, Trust me you'll be fine and get your answer soon because I saw others in same position as us who applied around same date and they went into further enquiries and then all of a sudden boom, visa granted. i think their systems are better these days for new applications and are getting done super fast. Best of luck. You're all in my duwa's.
Salam everyone.

I applied for my wife on 28/05/2014 only got one email from gerry office on the same date that your documents has been dispatch to Islamabad. How many email should i expect? and how did you manage to find out about the status of your application "magicman316".

Inshallah everyone will get their visa soon. May Allah shower has blessing on all of us and award us sabar. Ameen

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:51 pm

saif414029 wrote: Salam everyone.

I applied for my wife on 28/05/2014 only got one email from gerry office on the same date that your documents has been dispatch to Islamabad. How many email should i expect? and how did you manage to find out about the status of your application "magicman316".

Inshallah everyone will get their visa soon. May Allah shower has blessing on all of us and award us sabar. Ameen
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com

Fill in the details and ask the status of your application by e-mailing them.

saif414029
Newly Registered

Post by saif414029 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:57 pm

prayforus wrote:

Shall I email them or ask my wife to email?

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:01 pm

saif414029 wrote:
prayforus wrote:

Shall I email them or ask my wife to email?
You can e-mail them and put your wifes details in so she receives the e-mail. So wifes e-mail/name/GWF details. They normally reply within 1 working day from my experience. Usual time is working 3 days.

saif414029
Newly Registered

Post by saif414029 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:09 pm

magicman316 wrote:Where do you need to show the polio certificate?
at the pakistnai airport or on arrival in whichever country you're going to?

Surely its a quick thing to get a certificate from the airport otherwise travellers may get delayed.

A part from TB Certificcate, anything else that should be at hand to show the immigration officer upon arrival into UK?

Thanks.

Ok many thanks, any idea what to put in the email? is it too early to ask them about the status?

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:16 pm

saif414029 wrote:
Ok many thanks, any idea what to put in the email? is it too early to ask them about the status?
No it's not early. We applied on the 30th of May 2014. Just state where it is you applied from, date, and ask them you'd like to know the status of it. Eg; whether it has been seen by an ECO? Has a decision been made etc? Basically, whatever you want to know with regards to the application.

Good luck!

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:22 pm

ANY ONE CALLED THEM?????HOW IS THIS SERVICE?DON'T MID CALLING EVERYDAY.

Contact us

Pakistan Telephone

Local opening times: 8:00am - 4:00pm

You can call us on:

00 44 1243 217 905

If you would prefer to dial a UK number direct please call:

00 44 1243 218 119
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Salaam all. Congrats to those that have had good news. Patience surely pays off.
Wanted some advice regarding bank statements;
If you neet financial requirement with no issues, when showing bank statements- will the fact you've used overdraft facilities (quite frequently) in past 6 months affect the application?
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

saif414029
Newly Registered

Post by saif414029 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Many thanks prayforus.

May Allah shower has blessing on us. its very hard time i know how it feels. Inshallah we will hear good news tomorrow. Please update me

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:34 pm

rudey786 wrote:Salaam all. Congrats to those that have had good news. Patience surely pays off.
If you neet financial requirement with no issues, when showing bank statements- will the fact you've used overdraft facilities (quite frequently) in past 6 months affect the application?
OVERDRAFT IS AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND BANK , THERE IS NO SUCH RULE!! YOU NOT APPLYING FOR MORTGAGE JUST SPOUSE VISA.IF YOU MEET FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT ALL GOOD.
Last edited by zeeh on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 pm

rudey786 wrote:Salaam all. Congrats to those that have had good news. Patience surely pays off.
From what I've read, it shouldn't matter. The main priority is that you meet the financial requirement using the category which you are relying upon. You could always attach a note explaining why you used the overdraft. But you cannot use an overdraft to meet the financial requirement. An overdraft is a 'loan' from the bank. You can not use a 'loan' to meet the financial requirement.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 pm

zeeh wrote:ANY ONE CALLED THEM?????HOW IS THIS SERVICE?DON'T MID CALLING EVERYDAY.

Contact us

Pakistan Telephone

You can call us on:

00 44 1243 217 905

00 44 1243 218 119
I remember from a post earlier someone mentioned they used this service. They ask for your debit/credit cards details first and you are charged £1.37 per min.
He said the call cost him almost £20 and wasnt really told much.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:41 pm

musriz wrote:
zeeh wrote:ANY ONE CALLED THEM?????HOW IS THIS SERVICE?DON'T MID CALLING EVERYDAY.

Contact us

Pakistan Telephone

You can call us on:

00 44 1243 217 905

00 44 1243 218 119
I remember from a post earlier someone mentioned they used this service. They ask for your debit/credit cards details first and you are charged £1.37 per min.
I am going to bash them first thing in morning!!

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:42 pm

zeeh wrote:
musriz wrote:

Contact us

Pakistan Telephone

You can call us on:

00 44 1243 217 905

00 44 1243 218 119
I am going to bash them first thing in morning!!
Lol let us know how it goes !
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:43 pm

A couple of months ago I showed the 'chat' service with the UKVI representative. It shows you how there is a lack of communication/update to the systems. Never call them, or use the chat service. E-Mail is the best way, and take print screens of the message you are sending. The communication is a proof that you are following the application, should you ever come to re-apply, or appeal.

The e-mail service is great for it being free. A 3 day wait isn't too bad considering people wait longer to get information back on their applications. A part of me thinks that the process must have different piles allocated to different ECO's. For example; CAT A alone goes to one ECO, exempt goes to another, CAT D another, and so on. It would explain why some are getting visa's and other information quicker then those who have applied before under the new system. It's only speculation on my part, but it wouldn't be a bad system if it has been initiated.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Number of days to process application
10 days 1%
15 days 3%
30 days 14%
60 days 24%
90 days 29%
120 days 45%

The above data is for all decisions made in May 2014

data is for all decisions made in April 2014
Number of days to process application
2 days | 2%
3 days= 4%
5 days= 9%
10 days= 16%
15 days= 22%
30 days= 35%
60 days= 41%
90 days= 53%
120 days= 80%
Last edited by zeeh on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:03 pm

I am assuming that is for Lahore?

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:05 pm

prayforus wrote:I am assuming that is for Lahore?
you can check it

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:08 pm

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:12 pm

sit back and relax! ALL applications end up and visa issued in BHC Islamabad.

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:47 pm

I used 12 months worth of bank statements and I must say in pretty much all of those months I would have had overdraft charges, as in I was withdrawing from my current account and then waiting to get paid for the money to go back in. Even though I still had savings to cover this it was just me being lazy. I got visa today and it didn't impact my application at all so shouldn't impact anyone else's either.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:54 pm

magicman316 wrote:I used 12 months worth of bank statements and I must say in pretty much all of those months I would have had overdraft charges, as in I was withdrawing from my current account and then waiting to get paid for the money to go back in. Even though I still had savings to cover this it was just me being lazy. I got visa today and it didn't impact my application at all so shouldn't impact anyone else's either.

congrats magicman, did just your father-in-law go pick up the visa and did your wife not go with? how did you manage to do that?

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:18 pm

Managed to find the answer to my last question) Now i have another and hopefully last dilemma...

Again any help would be appreciated...

Applying under CAT A and D

I get paid weekly at 237.88 (net) and gross (250.00)
However 2 weeks wage slips showed gross 266.70 and net 226.76 .. But the amount paid into my account from my employer remained 237.88.
The wage slips after April have started to show gross 266.70 and net again at 237.88. ( i believe due to the tax increase)

What I want to know is will this cause a problem that two weeks wage slips show 226.76 yet i got paid 237.88?

What would be the worst case scenario... The ECO will say its not consistent or will they go based on my lowest paid slip net 226.76 (even though the net into my account was still 237.88) OR will they base it on the lowest paid gross which would be 250.00.
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Thanks to all for the responses regarding overdrafts... I can sleep easily now!

In Sha Allah wish everyone success with their applications.
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:50 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:
magicman316 wrote:I used 12 months worth of bank statements and I must say in pretty much all of those months I would have had overdraft charges, as in I was withdrawing from my current account and then waiting to get paid for the money to go back in. Even though I still had savings to cover this it was just me being lazy. I got visa today and it didn't impact my application at all so shouldn't impact anyone else's either.

congrats magicman, did just your father-in-law go pick up the visa and did your wife not go with? how did you manage to do that?
If the applicant signs an authorisation letter then someone else can collect on their behalf, but they also need to take the applicant's CNIC card and Receipt with them in order to collect. This is what my father-in-law did, saving my wife from traveling some 240 miles round-trip.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!