ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR without KOL?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bassem
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR without KOL?

Post by bassem » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:28 pm

My wife entered the UK on a spouse visa 5 August 2012. She now needs to apply for ILR but she has just failed her first attempt at the Life in the UK test. We have another test booked and may be able to squeeze in a third attempt if she's unlucky next time.

However, I want to know if (worst case scenario) we can apply for ILR without the Life in the UK test and if so would my wife get an extension on her spouse visa or would it be an outright rejection?

Or would be best to apply for further leave to remain if she doesn't get the KOL qualification? If so, how long would this extension be - 2 years or 5 years? (The original application was pre-9 June 2012.)

RANA-ALI

Re: Applying for ILR without KOL?

Post by RANA-ALI » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:07 pm

You cant apply for ilr without liuk pass test certificate,
If ur spouse visa finishing soon u can apply for FLR and ur spouse should get another 2 year leave as u mention its a pre july 2012 application
after getting extension u can applying any time for ilr once u obtain liuk and b1 certificate ready , u dont have to wait another 2 year before applying ilr

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:26 pm

You can apply for an extension on FLR(M) but bear in mind they will need A1 English. For ILR in addition to the Life in the UK test B1 English is required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Casa wrote:You can apply for an extension on FLR(M) but bear in mind they will need A1 English. For ILR in addition to the Life in the UK test B1 English is required.
She has the B1 English Listening and Speaking. This is sufficient isn't it?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Bless you both.

Huge weight off my shoulders.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Just one tip for LIUK. Your wife can choose to listen to the questions through headphones while reading from the screen. She may find this easier.
(Casa, not CR001)

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Casa wrote:Just one tip for LIUK. Your wife can choose to listen to the questions through headphones while reading from the screen. She may find this easier.
Thankyou, that was a mega top tip.

My wife was the only one in the test room who was using headphones and she was the only one who passed.

ILR here we come!

:D

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Well done! It worked for my husband and I felt it may help your wife. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)