ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent over 18 ILR success after 2 1/2 hrs at PEO

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

artlessjade
Newly Registered

Dependent over 18 ILR success after 2 1/2 hrs at PEO

Post by artlessjade » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:58 pm

:P Today I mark two milestones in my life. I turned 21 and was granted ILR along with the rest of my family at a Public Enquiry Office. For those who have the same or similar situation, don't despair.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Thank you Immigrationboards.com as I used this site regularly for the last two years to be able to keep up with immigration news as well as to contact other persons in a situation situation as myself.

Thanks again and feel free to ask me any questions.

Keep up the good work moderators. You all should really be paid.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:05 am

Congrats!
Two questions:
1. When did you apply and how long did it take?
2. I read your other posts - you wanted to study at uni - are you still planning on doing so?

artlessjade
Newly Registered

Post by artlessjade » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:26 pm

sakura wrote:Congrats!
Two questions:
2. I read your other posts - you wanted to study at uni - are you still planning on doing so?

1) I applied yesterday and the whole process took about 2 and a half hours. My family were applying at the same time so one caseworker dealt with the whole family

2) I still plan on going to university but I am thinking about doing it part-time so that I would be able to earn some money to pay for it.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:34 pm

artlessjade wrote:
sakura wrote:Congrats!
Two questions:

1) I applied yesterday and the whole process took about 2 and a half hours. My family were applying at the same time so one caseworker dealt with the whole family

2) I still plan on going to university but I am thinking about doing it part-time so that I would be able to earn some money to pay for it.
HAHA! Would you believe it....I thought I read "2 1/2 YEARS", because I read your other posts and they were from 2005 or 2006.
:oops: Eyes checked? ME?

artlessjade
Newly Registered

Post by artlessjade » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:01 pm

NO, but I was granted Further Leave to Remain since my last post in 2005 and both times I was over 18 but I was at Sixth Form College

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:23 pm

artlessjade wrote:NO, but I was granted Further Leave to Remain since my last post in 2005 and both times I was over 18 but I was at Sixth Form College
Probably I read your other posts thinking you applied 2.5 years ago and it took them ages with your application because of your age/dependent issue. Now I see.
Congrats, again!!!

Kalugampitiya

Re: Dependent over 18 ILR success after 2 1/2 hrs at PEO

Post by Kalugampitiya » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:16 pm

Dear artlessjade,
Please would you list down the documents you have submitted because my two daughters dependent from me and studying in uni with paying international fee which is £17000 pa, need to apply ILR nearer future.
Many thanks in advance,

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:07 pm

Kalugampitiya wrote:Dear artlessjade,
Please would you list down the documents you have submitted because my two daughters dependent from me and studying in uni with paying international fee which is £17000 pa, need to apply ILR nearer future.
Many thanks in advance,
Are they at university now? When do you/they apply for ILR?

Kalugampitiya

Post by Kalugampitiya » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:57 pm

Yes, They are at University until 2011,2012 had a gap last year.
We have to apply ILR Dec 2009,
Both my two children are not doing any job during the semester time, only summer jobs if they found .
Another query : is there any possibility to apply after 4 years if Home Office work on case by case with harder ship situations.
Many thanks for reply,
Kalu

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:08 pm

Kalugampitiya wrote:Yes, They are at University until 2011,2012 had a gap last year.
We have to apply ILR Dec 2009,
Both my two children are not doing any job during the semester time, only summer jobs if they found .
Another query : is there any possibility to apply after 4 years if Home Office work on case by case with harder ship situations.
Many thanks for reply,
Kalu
The requirement for ILR on an employment visa (HSMP/WP) is 5 years, not 4, and cannot be reduced. To be honest, many people have 'hardship' situations, and there would likely be no concession based on your circumstances.

If your children are already at university, there is little to no chance of their fees being reduced. Since your ILR is in Dec 2009, they would already have been studying at least 3-4 years (I assume they are doing medicine?) and would have the ILR come into effect in 2010 anyway, so don't assume they will be reduced once you have ILR.

eddievedder
Newly Registered

S.O.S Very similar issue !!!!!

Post by eddievedder » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:44 pm

Dear artlessjade,
i came to UK a year (and a half) after my parents did just like you came and i came in as a dependant while they on their work permits. i was 17 when i came (almost 18---). My parents will be elligible for permanent residence......when i turn 21 and a half years old. I was under the impression i would recieve direct ILR as a child of a work permit holder but i realised that is not the case. I would still be financially dependant on my parents to do my masters for atleast a year after that.

Please help me artlessjade. If possible could you describe the finer details of how you convinced themfor an ILR ?

eddievedder
Newly Registered

Re: S.O.S Very similar issue !!!!!

Post by eddievedder » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:28 pm

dear anybody !!!!
i came to UK a year (and a half) after my parents did just like you came and i came in as a dependant while they on their work permits. i was 17 when i came (almost 18---). My parents will be elligible for permanent residence......when i turn 21 and a half years old. I was under the impression i would recieve direct ILR as a child of a work permit holder but i realised that is not the case. I would still be financially dependant on my parents to do my masters for atleast a year after that.

Please help me artlessjade. If possible could you describe the finer details of how you convinced them for an ILR ?

please please help !!!

moderators anybody !!

vinny

Re: S.O.S Very similar issue !!!!!

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:29 am

See also dependent over 18 for artlessjade's circumstances.

Dependants over 18, meeting the requirements of paragraph 198, may apply using a separate form, at the same time as their parents' settlement application. They will also need to meet with the Knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom requirements.

artlessjade, which application form did you use?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Lala0208
Newly Registered

Post by Lala0208 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi, I know it's been a very long time. I lost my password and have since changed my email address so couldn't recover the password. I know it's probably a long shot as the posts were done over a year ago, but any questions please let me know. To answer your question vinny, I used form SET(O). edivedder, if you still need help, please pm me and I will give you any details you need.