ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my father sponsoring me and my dependents ?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siva77

Can my father sponsoring me and my dependents ?

Post by siva77 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi All,

Me and my 2 dependents(wife and kid) will be applying for student visa next month in UK. My father is showing maintainence funds from india in his savings account, Can my father show maintainence funds for me, my wife and my kid. He is showing around 20k GBP in his savings account from indian bank. After 28days can i use his account statement to apply for visa in UK(for 3 of us).

My query is can i use my dad's bank statment (along with his letter of consent) and bank letter stating he is my father and willing to sponsor my studies and stay for visa. Can i use same letter for my dependents aswell, as he will be showing 20k gbp for 28days.

Thank you in advance for any help..

siva77

Re: Can my father sponsoring me and my dependents ?

Post by siva77 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:56 am

Hi ,

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME, BECAUSE I HAVE'NT GOT ENOUGH TIME TO GET THE STATEMENT FROM INDIA AND MY VISA EXPIRES VERY SOON and i need to wait fro 28days before i get my fathers bank statement.

Help needed please,

Thank You

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Your father can sponsor you but you have to sponsor your dependents.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:43 pm

shaq1 wrote:Your father can sponsor you but you have to sponsor your dependents.
Money should be in current account not in savings account
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

siva77

Post by siva77 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Thank You for the replies :)

surfsurf
Newly Registered

Post by surfsurf » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 pm

hello Siva.. I have a similar situation here. My father going to show funds in his account but I have 2 dependents with me. how did you managed to sort this out? thank you.