ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit being processed for 2 months now

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FlyingStar
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit being processed for 2 months now

Post by FlyingStar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:44 am

Hi guys,

Could anyone please advise me what to do. It has been 2 months now since I submitted my EEA Family Permit application at the Polish Embassy in Warsaw, and the email reply keep saying "Your application is still under process". I have sent emails to the Visa Section of the British Embassy without getting any reply. I am very desperate as we are uncertain how long this process will take. Is there any way to fast track my application? Is this delay normal? Please I need your advice

FlyingStar
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit being processed for 2 months now

Post by FlyingStar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:22 pm

Could anyone please advise me what to do.. I am so desperate.. It's very frustrating to be waiting for such a long time and not knowing whether the outcome will be positive or negative.. Please tell me what to do regarding this delay

obie, vinny, eusmile and others, I need your advice guys :(

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi, you can try sending email to UKVI and ask about your application.

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com

I sent them an email last week because mine is over 3weeks now though I know that the timeframe is still normal and they told me that they just received my application, pretty crazy because they told me that they will call me after 3weeks and there will be a decision. Anyway, my husband called their family lawyer and told us that don't worry about it but when we don't hear anything from them after 4 weeks we can send them complaint.

Just try to send to that link.

FlyingStar
Newly Registered

Post by FlyingStar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Mrs.mdeben wrote:Hi, you can try sending email to UKVI and ask about your application.

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com

I sent them an email last week because mine is over 3weeks now though I know that the timeframe is still normal and they told me that they just received my application, pretty crazy because they told me that they will call me after 3weeks and there will be a decision. Anyway, my husband called their family lawyer and told us that don't worry about it but when we don't hear anything from them after 4 weeks we can send them complaint.

Just try to send to that link.
Thank your reply for your Mrs.mdeben

I have emailed UKVI using the link you have provided but keeping receiving the same reply saying " The decision in your application has been delayed whilst further inquiries are being conducted". I have been getting the same reply for over a month now.. I do not know how much longer it will take before these inquiries are concluded. It's very uncertain about how much longer I will have to wait

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Any chance you can call a lawyer or anyone from UKVI? It will cost you a lot by calling them, our family lawyer told us that after 4weeks, we need to call because such delay is not suppose to happen. Im also waiting for my passport and its very frustrating, urgh!

Maybe wait for some experts here, hopefully someone will give us a phone number on where we can complain. Just relax.

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:46 am

That is an unacceptable amount of time. EEA Family permits should be processed within 15 days, and beyond 4 weeks is unreasonable according to the European Commission in its COM (2009) 313 final guidance. You should submit a complaint to SOLVIT.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:14 am

Hi rosebead.

I know I'm not over 4weeks yet, just 3weeks and 3days and they told me that they will call me June 16 but I never had any call from them and exactly june16 they sent me an email that they didn't even looked at my application, pretty crazy. Anyway, if I send email to that Solvit, what are the things they can do for me?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:17 pm

Mdeben: You could write to the Embassy (on the email address that you already have) and say that you are planning to write to SOLVIT shortly. Something like reminding them that they have an obligation to deal with EEAFPs quickly.

You could then prepare a note to SOLVIT in advance, however, it takes them a long time to reply. If your EEA FP has not been dealt with (even rejected) by the 4th week (only including working days), just send over the complaint and see what they come back with. I have heard that it can take up to 10 weeks for them to deal with complaints but it's still worth a try.

After you have sent a note to SOLVIT, you could write an email to the Embassy again to let them know that you have complained and ask for a complaint address for the Home Office.

I think you should remind them that they should issue EEAFPs on an accelerated basis. Find a copy of the law (Directive 2004/38/EC) online and quote it to them in the first email that I have mentioned above.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:00 pm

Thanks chaoclive.

I will wait until friday to be exactly 4weeks then try to complain.

Just a quick question, is there any telephone number we can call to complain about the application? Sometimes i don't really trust emails. Last week ive been sending them emails and they never email me back, nothing, even a confirmation that I sent them a complaint.

Thank u again chaoclive.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:07 am

There is an helpline but I don't know the number - sorry!!! You can search for it. Or hopefully someone else on the forum will pass it on to you.

You can also send your complaint in letter format to the Embassy (as well as email).