ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment History Question--Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nsuk
- thin ice -

Employment History Question--Urgent

Post by nsuk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Dear senior Members
I am applying for ILR shortly. I have requested my Employment History from HMRC through a recorded delivery letter posted on 03/06/2014 but they still haven't got it in their system as yet because of huge backlog of similar requests.

Do I definitely need the Employment History from HMRC. I have got the following documents ready.

Proof from Limited Company Income

12 Months Payslips
12 Months Dividend Vouchers
12 Months Personal Bank statements
12 Months Business Bank statements
Letter from ACCA certified accountant

Proof from Independent consultant's Income

1. Original Commission statements/Invoices with detailed summary for whole period
2. Personal Bank Statements for the full period claimed (Corroborative income credited into)
3. Letter from ACCA certified accountant confirming Gross and Net income
4. Latest Quarterly Bill for National Insurance from HMRC (already paid)

Kindly advise me if the above is sufficient .

Many thanks for reading this topic.
NSUK

nsuk
- thin ice -

Re: Employment History Question--Urgent

Post by nsuk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Dear Amber
Any advise for me.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Dear Friends
How long it takes for the letter from HMRC to arrive.

Kindly advise.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:28 pm

did you call them and find out.

Thanks,

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:17 pm

Dear argus7

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did call them 5 times since last week but they seem to have lost my letter. During my last conversation at 4:30pm today the lady on the phone requested the Recorded Delivery reference number and then told me that yes they have actually received it on 04/06/2014 but its somehow not on the system. She has now took my phone number and said somebody will call me tomorrow after checking in the post room. Last week also a lady told me that someone will call me after finding out but nothing happened.

I don't know whether it is normal for HMRC to delay an Employment History or may be they have lost my letter.

Now that I'm going to PEO next week I don't know whether I should cancel my appointment and reschedule it after I get my Employment History.

Do you think I should cancel my appointment and wait for this letter. Kindly advise. I really appreciate your effort and time.
Thanks.
God bless you.

NSUK

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:31 pm

NSUK,

Well I really can't comment now. If you have called and waiting on them. But even if you cancel appointment and reschedule, you will still be waiting on HMRC?

Can you ask your accountant to seek help and get them to followup with HMRC?

Thanks,

ssidd

Post by ssidd » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Hello,

I called HM Revenue on 9th june for my last 5 years employment history and today i recieved it by post. It seems very simple and quick.

Thanks
SIDD
Random life is difficult but systematic is much easier!!
SIDD

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Dear argus7
My accountant always pretends to be very busy and he has employed several people whom I have to explain each and everything. I have prepared all the documents and the letters myself for them to verify with the actual bank statements. It is just the ACCA membership of the accountants which plays the game here. I'll try again tomorrow with HMRC first and then try to approach my accountant. There are about 10 people working for him. His office atmosphere is exactly like a typical Government office with lots of red tape.

But as you have suggested I am also thinking of changing my PEO date to a week or 10 days later after looking at tomorrow's outcome.
Thanks for your support my friend.
God bless you.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 am

@SIDD--- Hi thanks for your time.

I have called on their number 03000552292 which they pick up straight away unlike 03002003501 and 03002003505 which keeps giving you further options for more than half an hour sometimes. Which number did you call on. May be I am not calling the required number. If you can please let me know the number you called on I'll try tomorrow morning to find out again. Once again many thanks for your support.
God bless you.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:48 am

Hi,
What's your immigration history?
Are you applying on 10 years basis?

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:26 am

legend786 wrote:Hi,
What's your immigration history?
Are you applying on 10 years basis?
Hi my immigration history is straight forward. Tier 1 general 3+2. Same documents were used for extension 2 years ago. But since for ILR you are more cautious and I've seen in the forum that many people submit their employment history so I was thinking of getting mine before my peo appointment date.

Do you have any suggestions for me. Kindly let me know.
Regards and thanks for your reply.
God bless you.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:17 am

I think get all the documents covering your 5 years history possibly and hmrc employment letter would be beneficial and definitely would support your application in this regard and I am sure you know what kind of documents you looking to send because you have sent the same in past as well for your extensions. Moreover getting letter from hmrc shouldn't be a problem because it's quite straightforward and they just need your N.I number and your D.O.B from you when you call them to ask about your employment history letter covering last 5 years because I did the same in past and I had letter through post in 4-5 days because H.O asked to send last 2 years proof of my employment history which I did so If you think you have all essential documentation to satisfy case worker and covering your entire stay in uk then you should attend your appointment and get it sorted otherwise if you think you must have your employment letter from hmrc then I'm afraid you have to change your appointment date. I'm sure other experts will respond you soon on this and also this is purely my opinion and I might be wrong and Plz decided yourself whichever way you want to go because at the end of the day it's your case and your future is on the line.
Hopefully this advice will help you
Thanks

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:43 pm

ssidd wrote:Hello,

I called HM Revenue on 9th june for my last 5 years employment history and today i recieved it by post. It seems very simple and quick.

Thanks
SIDD

Hi SIDD could you please let me know which number did you call the HMRC on. Many thanks in Advance.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:26 pm

@legend786---Thanks for your reply mate. Can you please let me know which number did you call on the HMRC.

Thanks and God bless you.