ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence letter for 5 years’ ‘continuous reside

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

M.Ham
Newly Registered

Evidence letter for 5 years’ ‘continuous reside

Post by M.Ham » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Dear all,

I'm applying for the ILR after spending 5 years as Tier 1 (General) in the UK. I'm confused with the guidance and I need some help.

In total, during he 5 years period on Tier 1 visa I was abroad for 72 days for several reasons, such as holiday, family visit, etc. Yet, I was continuously employed and I was on paid leave. The guidance notes say: "Evidence in the form of a letter from the employer which sets out the reasons for the absences, including annual leave, must be provided."

My questions:
1- Do I need to provide a letter from my employer confirming that I was on a paid leave during my absences?
2- Is it enough to get a letter just saying that I was 'continuously full time employed' for 5 years? or do I need to specify the individual absences?
3- Do you have any other recommendations or tricky issues that you suggest I consider? Does anyone have an employer letter template that he could share?

Many thanks for your help.

Jay1234
Newly Registered

Re: Evidence letter for 5 years’ ‘continuous reside

Post by Jay1234 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:46 pm

@M.Ham: Even i had a same question but i end up writing all the holidays i have taken in an template and got it approved by my employer. I don't know if this website allow private messages, if it does. ping me your email address and i am happy to forward you the template i have used.

Couple of my friends have used the same template with no problem at all.

Jay1234
Newly Registered

Post by Jay1234 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:58 pm

@M.Ham: for some reason i get 'You are not authorised to read private messages.' message when i try to read my private message. i'll upload the document somewhere and will update the location here (provided they allow me enter link here)

M.Ham
Newly Registered

Post by M.Ham » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:36 am

Jay1234 wrote:@M.Ham: for some reason i get 'You are not authorised to read private messages.' message when i try to read my private message. i'll upload the document somewhere and will update the location here (provided they allow me enter link here)
Many thanks for your help. I'm looking forward for the link. You can also add it as attachment in your post. I just realised that next to the 'Options' tab below the 'POST A REPLY' box, there is 'Upload attachment'.

Jay1234
Newly Registered

Post by Jay1234 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:36 am

here is the link

M.Ham
Newly Registered

Post by M.Ham » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:56 am

Jay1234 wrote:here is the link

Many thanks, the statement after the table is very important and it didn't occur to me to include in my latter draft. This board makes me feel that humans care about each other :D

Again much appreciated.