ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MisfitMeL

Family Visa questions

Post by MisfitMeL » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Hello!

It's been quite a while since my mum's last visit, and I have just found out that the entire visa application process in India has changed! Everything is done online now which is my mum's worst nightmare :lol:

So I was wondering if I could do everything for her from here in the UK - create the account, fill in application, book appointment etc ... all in her name though. Do you think this would be a problem? I would pay the fees with my card as well. Have other people here done the same?

Second question, my bank rarely sends out paper statements now, so would printouts of electronic statements suffice?

Sohail4peace

Re: Family Visa questions

Post by Sohail4peace » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:13 am

Hi,

Yes you can do it and new online system is very easy. I recently done everything for my parents not in india but pakistan but same thing. It was absolutely fine.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sohail

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:03 am

Thanks Sohail, it definitely helps! :D

What about printouts of electronic bank statements? Has anyone had issues with that?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:00 am

You can create an account with your details. Once you login to the account, you'll find two options - apply for your own and apply for someone else's behalf. Use the second option to complete your mum's application including payment of the fees with your card.

Once submitted send the PDF application and appoitment forms to your mum. She'll just need print the form and submit with a photo and signature.

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Aha, I didn't think they would give you the option to apply for someone else.
Thanks ban.s I've just created an account :D