ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 COA ; unable to confirm your right to work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lilya
Newly Registered

EEA2 COA ; unable to confirm your right to work

Post by lilya » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Hello.

I m non EEA national (south Korean). my husband is IRISH (EEA national).
I arrived UK 14th Feb 2014 this year with EEA FAMILY PERMIT which issued in South Korea.
I sent eea2 residence card application 31th may and I got COA 13th June.

I was very surprised that COA said

; we are unable to confirm your right to work in the united kingdom. this will depend on the outcome of the application.
This is because you have not provided original documentation for all of the following

- current valid identity documents for yourself/your sponsor
- evidence of relationship with your EEA national sponsor
- sufficient evidence of your sponsor exercising treaty rights.

I did not send my husband's passport. because the very important role of my husband job requires often travel over Europe.
He has business trip this month and next month and it usually set up with very short notice.
so we sent certified copy of passport from Irish embassy in London and his birth certificate and letter from his company explaining why he keeps his passport for job.
but we sent enough evidence of relationship and marriage certificate and documents for his employment...
in my opinion, they sent me that COA as I didn't sent them original passport of my husband..

so, I have few questions, I would be very grateful if I can hear anything similar from your experience

1. Is there anybody who didn't send EEA national's passport like me?
how did it go?

2.Actually I m going to start work next week. my EEA family permit expires 14th august 2014.
it will be ok to work with that COA ? ...or at least I will be fine to work until my family permit expires this august?
or... better not to work as my COA cant confirm me to work in UK until they decide.

3.our marriage certificate was issued in Jan 2014 and it s translated and notarized in KOREA.
Is it too old document? I should have sent them the latest document which is issued within 3 month ?

4. I read few cases, some people contact HO and get correct COA.. I called and they don't answer. I don't think they easily answer the phone. what can I do at this situation?.....

help me please...

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA2 COA ; unable to confirm your right to work

Post by chaoclive » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:12 pm

I haven't been through your experience but here are a few thoughts about a few of your questions:

1) Not sure but I would have thought that the certified copy should be fine. I'm sure that this was not the reason for the COA without the right to work.

2) This will be for your employer to decide. If they are aware of the EEA law stating that family members of EEA nationals are allowed to work in the UK as long as their partner is exercising treaty rights then you should be fine. If they are not clear and start to ask for a residence card or work permit etc, then they probably won't accept you. Don't worry - you might have your EEA2 RC before August (maybe).

3) Not sure, but I would expect that it should be ok. Was it signed off by the British Embassy in Korea? If so I guess it should be fine.

4) See this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 59095.html. The OP was able to get the right COA by pushing the Home Office. You can do the same thing. Calling them won't make a difference. You will have to write to your caseworker (I guess the COA should have their name/number, or, at least, an address). I would be doing this ASAP so you have the opportunity to get your new COA ASAP!

Good luck!

lilya
Newly Registered

Post by lilya » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Thank you so much for reply!

I am thinking to e-mail them even though HO said do not telephone or make enquiries.

Does anybody know the e-mail address for this matter?
Thank you for help :-)

lilya
Newly Registered

Post by lilya » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Thank you so much for reply!

I am thinking to e-mail them even though HO said do not telephone or make enquiries.

Does anybody know the e-mail address for this matter?
Thank you for help :-)

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:09 am

Most people have sent in letters. You can also ask them to contact you (they may not do so though)

afritalia
Newly Registered

Post by afritalia » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:53 pm

lilya wrote:Hello.

I m non EEA national (south Korean). my husband is IRISH (EEA national).
I arrived UK 14th Feb 2014 this year with EEA FAMILY PERMIT which issued in South Korea.
I sent eea2 residence card application 31th may and I got COA 13th June.

I was very surprised that COA said

; we are unable to confirm your right to work in the united kingdom. this will depend on the outcome of the application.
This is because you have not provided original documentation for all of the following

- current valid identity documents for yourself/your sponsor
- evidence of relationship with your EEA national sponsor
- sufficient evidence of your sponsor exercising treaty rights.

I did not send my husband's passport. because the very important role of my husband job requires often travel over Europe.
He has business trip this month and next month and it usually set up with very short notice.
so we sent certified copy of passport from Irish embassy in London and his birth certificate and letter from his company explaining why he keeps his passport for job.
but we sent enough evidence of relationship and marriage certificate and documents for his employment...
in my opinion, they sent me that COA as I didn't sent them original passport of my husband..

so, I have few questions, I would be very grateful if I can hear anything similar from your experience

1. Is there anybody who didn't send EEA national's passport like me?
how did it go?

2.Actually I m going to start work next week. my EEA family permit expires 14th august 2014.
it will be ok to work with that COA ? ...or at least I will be fine to work until my family permit expires this august?
or... better not to work as my COA cant confirm me to work in UK until they decide.

3.our marriage certificate was issued in Jan 2014 and it s translated and notarized in KOREA.
Is it too old document? I should have sent them the latest document which is issued within 3 month ?

4. I read few cases, some people contact HO and get correct COA.. I called and they don't answer. I don't think they easily answer the phone. what can I do at this situation?.....

help me please...
Hi I just received my coa letter, with your similar situation & same Q&A sheet, what was your final outcome...im shocked as well as we submitted a lot of supporting docs...please shed light

cypher6
Newly Registered

Post by cypher6 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi, Did anyone get an updated COA after writing to the Caseworker? I've heard some successful and unsuccessful attempts