ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Human right application refueds

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amilawal

Human right application refueds

Post by amilawal » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Hello,
I hope you guys in this forum can give advice regarding this situation.
I have got a friend who made application to the HO in march 2012. She is the main applicant while her children are dependants.
My friend has been in this country since 2001. SHe came with a visiting visa and overstayed his visa. since 2001 she has managed to go to school and graduated. She also owned a property. She has 2 children age 7 and 3 years old [both born in the uk]. But at the time of the application in 2012, the eldest child was 6 years old. Today after 1 year and 2 months, HO sent a letter and declined the application with No RIGHT OF APPEAL. The home said my friend eldest child was just 6 years old at the time the application was made. They also declined the children on the basis that their mother has been refused. My friend lawyer suggest that he will write to the home office for consideration for a right of appeal otherwise he will refer the case to high court for judicial review. I thaught my friend should make a fresh application on the basis that the eldest child is now 7. What do you think ??

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:23 am

There is currently no basis for a right of appeal under section 82.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

amilawal

Post by amilawal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:11 am

thanks vinny,
do you now think this reconsideration / judicial review makes sense. since the child is now 7 years old, Will you adivice to put in another application?

thanks

favour

Re: Human right application refueds

Post by favour » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:43 pm

I think judicial review is applicable when an unlawful decision has been made (against immigration rules). Personally I think re-applying is a better choice, but please still seek others opinions

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:22 am

favour wrote:I think judicial review is applicable when an unlawful decision has been made (against immigration rules). Personally I think re-applying is a better choice, but please still seek others opinions
This post/thread is almost a year old. Am fairly certain that the OP has possibly resolved/appealed already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:43 am

There policy is to issue removal notice in case where there are children age 2 /3 and above. But it has to be requested

With a removal notice, a right of appeal is conferred, and can be exercised at the Tribunal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors