ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

claraluh
United Kingdom

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by claraluh » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:00 pm

CONGRATULATIONS HUBBA!!! :D

I've sent my application few days after you've sent yours, I hope it won't take long!! I'm so happy everytime I hear someone got their PR on this forum!!

Good Luck to me and everyone still waiting!!! :D

Stoli

Post by Stoli » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:25 am

Congratulations, Hubba!! :) You've been a great support to me, and I am so happy for you! :)

Maybe we should for a group and go for drinks :))

avgjoe
Newly Registered

Post by avgjoe » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi all

Am about to apply for EEA4 - got married in May 2009 and landed in the UK on June 18 2009. My wife (Spanish) got a job offer here and has been working continuously for the last 5 years.

I have also been working but have had some breaks. To start with it took me 6 months to get a job after I landed. Then I had a break in between jobs for 3 months in 2012.

The form seems to ask for the EU partners treaty rights - in this case, it's my wife being employed.

Why do they not ask for my details? Does it mean I should not send it? I plan to anyways, but am just very confused. I am the one applying for residency, so why are her employment / financial details relevant?

Thanks for all the great posters on here!

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi Hubba,

Congrats on your success. I'm thinking of submitting my EEA2 application with my EEA national wife exercising Treaty Rights as Self-Sufficient. We've been here in UK since February when I started my job. Originally she wanted to apply as a Jobseeker but after all the stories I read about people being rejected we are thinking to change now. We both have CSI through my work and I make enough to support us both without needing benefits.

Please can you tell me exactly what documents you sent to prove CSI and self-sufficiency?

Thanks for the help.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:42 am

@Stoli and @claraluh:

Thanks, guys. It's always nice to hear when someone gets hteir PR, right? @claraluh, hopefully yours won't take long now.

@kafworld:

Regarding CSI, just your health insurance membership certificate (either one showing both of you as members or individual ones) is enough to prove the CSI coverage. You will also need to prove your wife has regular access to funds. The easiest way of doing this is to have a joint current account, with your wage paid into such account.

You will need the following documentation:

- CSI membership certificate (showing you and your wife as members);
- Joint bank account statements (with your wage paid into such joint account);
- Your latest pay slips;
- Your employment contract;
- Your employers' letter;
- Marriage certificate (translated to English if needed);
- Proof of address (which may as well be the bank statements).

Cheers.

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi Hubba,

Thanks for the info.

Please can you clarify the difference between Employment Letter and Employment Contract? I have a contract which states my salary, job description, etc. What should be in this letter?

Thanks for your help.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:43 pm

kafworld wrote:Hi Hubba,

Thanks for the info.

Please can you clarify the difference between Employment Letter and Employment Contract? I have a contract which states my salary, job description, etc. What should be in this letter?

Thanks for your help.

Hi kafworld,

Besides the contract (which is what you already have), you should ask your employer for a letter, stating that you're currently employed by them with a salary of xxxxx. This is more to show that you're still employed by such company, since the contract only states starting date, but wouldn't actually say if you're still on the job.

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:02 pm

WOW! Thanks Bubba. Never would have thought of that but makes total sense. Just requested letter from employer.

Bubba, below is what I am submitting. Please can you review and see if I am missing anything?

1 Passport for me (non-EEA)
1 passport for wife (EEA National)
Proof of CSI - AXA Healthcare certificate showing that both of us are covered plus AXA booklet on what's included in CSI
Employment Contract
Proof of current employment letter
Joint bank statements for 3 months
Last 3 payslips
Marriage Certificate
Joint tenancy agreement
Joint council tax bills for last 3 months
Self-addressed stamped envelope for signed next day delivery

I have written a cover letter explaining our EEA1 and EEA2 applications for residence certificate(EEA national) and residence card(non-EEA national) under exercising Treaty Rights as Self-Sufficient. Also, asked them to return passports ASAP when done verifying identity.

Lastly, everything is organised in a 3-ring binder with tabs explaining what can be found in each section. Since we are applying using two applications (EEA1/EEA2) I attached a note to each application explaining where documents can be found in binder and to refer to cover letter.

That's it. After a month of stressing over this and being afraid of getting booted or being without a passport for months we are finally submitting. Time for a pint.

Stoli

Post by Stoli » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Fingers crossed, Kafworld!!! :)

By the sound of it, you have yourself a pretty good pack of documents. I agree that the most important thing is to ORGANIZE and cross-reference everything.
And for future, if you are still here and need to apply for EEA4, during the 5 years make sure to keep and file away EVERYTHING for your EEA sponsor. God knows what HO would have come up with by then :))

PS> on the side note, I've heard AXA health insurance sucks? :P

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:27 pm

kafworld wrote:WOW! Thanks Bubba. Never would have thought of that but makes total sense. Just requested letter from employer.

Bubba, below is what I am submitting. Please can you review and see if I am missing anything?

1 Passport for me (non-EEA)
1 passport for wife (EEA National)
Proof of CSI - AXA Healthcare certificate showing that both of us are covered plus AXA booklet on what's included in CSI
Employment Contract
Proof of current employment letter
Joint bank statements for 3 months
Last 3 payslips
Marriage Certificate
Joint tenancy agreement
Joint council tax bills for last 3 months
Self-addressed stamped envelope for signed next day delivery

I have written a cover letter explaining our EEA1 and EEA2 applications for residence certificate(EEA national) and residence card(non-EEA national) under exercising Treaty Rights as Self-Sufficient. Also, asked them to return passports ASAP when done verifying identity.

Lastly, everything is organised in a 3-ring binder with tabs explaining what can be found in each section. Since we are applying using two applications (EEA1/EEA2) I attached a note to each application explaining where documents can be found in binder and to refer to cover letter.

That's it. After a month of stressing over this and being afraid of getting booted or being without a passport for months we are finally submitting. Time for a pint.
It looks good! Not sure if the healthcare insurance booklet is necessary (I've never sent it on my applications - but then again the membership certificate already lists the basic coverage for out-patient, in-patient and cancer treament coverage), but it doesn't hurt your application either.

I'd be very specific in the cover letter stating that your wife is exercising Treaty Rights as self-sufficient based on your earnings through employment, which is why you're attaching your employment documentation. Better be very specific and call out the caseworker's attention to this fact than to have the caseworker dismissing your documentation as irrelevant.

All in all, your application is in good shape.

As Stoli have mentioned, keep all these documents and any documents from the same nature you may get in the future
safely archived. You'll need all of them when applying for your EEA4.

Cheers and good luck.

EDIT: I've just read you have probably already submitted your application with your own cover letter. If that's the case, don't sweat it about what I've said before. The caseworkers are probably smart enough to notice it. If anything, the bank statements with regular income and the CSI should prove already your wife's self-sufficiency.

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:16 pm

@Stoli Thanks for advise. went out and bought a portable file folder for just that purpose.

@Bubba I submit tomorrow so incorporated your wording into my cover letter. Thanks for that additional input.

Now let's hope I get a caseworker who knows the law and doesn't think I need to have a substantial amount of savings in my account or something ridiculous like that to prove my wife's self-sufficient status. At the end of the day, it's obvious we will not be a drain on social benefits and programs. Let's hope my caseworker can infer the obvious and get on with it.

Thanks again everyone for all the guidance and support.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:09 am

avgjoe wrote:Hi all

Am about to apply for EEA4 - got married in May 2009 and landed in the UK on June 18 2009. My wife (Spanish) got a job offer here and has been working continuously for the last 5 years.

I have also been working but have had some breaks. To start with it took me 6 months to get a job after I landed. Then I had a break in between jobs for 3 months in 2012.

The form seems to ask for the EU partners treaty rights - in this case, it's my wife being employed.

Why do they not ask for my details? Does it mean I should not send it? I plan to anyways, but am just very confused. I am the one applying for residency, so why are her employment / financial details relevant?

Thanks for all the great posters on here!
Your activity (as long as it is not illegal) is of no interest to the Home Office. All they care about is that she has been exercising treaty rights and that you have been in the UK with her for the full 5 years.

There's no need to send your own information. It's all about her. You should know that the EEA route is meant to facilitate the movement of EEA citizens and, only because these EEA citizens move, their non-EEA family members. Therefore, the activities of the non-EEA is not relevant at all, unless it's illegal of course.

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:07 pm

@Bubba

Sent my packet off yesterday. Thought I would share my cover letter and get your input. Think it's clear enough?

John Doe
Address Here

DOB: XXXXXX

Subject: Application for EEA2 Residence Card (Non-EEA National)

NOTE: Please refer to Table of Contents for EEA2 application, passports and supporting documentation for Exercising Treaty Rights as Self-Sufficient

Dear Sir or Madam:

My EEA National wife is exercising Treaty Rights as Self-Sufficient based on earnings through my employment. Evidence of employment along with proof that my wife has access to my monthly deposited salary into our joint bank account is included. I’ve highlighted my monthly employment salary deposits on the joint bank account statements.

I have provided evidence of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) which covers both of us. I have included the AXA healthcare membership certificate and handbook for your reference.

Evidence of employment has been provided in the form of an employment verification letter, employment contract and payslips.

Evidence of relationship and current residence in UK has been proven in the form of our marriage certificate, joint tenancy agreement, joint Council Tax bill and joint bank statements.

Evidence of identity is proven by including a passport for myself, the applicant and that of my wife, the EEA National.

Lastly, I have included a self addressed envelope with the postage paid for return of documents and Residence Card.

If you require additional supporting documents in order to make your decision please contact me via email at xxxxx@gmail.com, on my mobile at XXXXX XXXXXX or write to the address above.

Thank you very much for your attention to my EEA2 application for a Residence Card and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

SPECIAL NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO RETURN OUR PASSPORTS ONCE THEY ARE NO LONGER NEEDED?

kulla
Newly Registered

Post by kulla » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:18 am

Hubba many congratulations to you :)

I received my PR yesterday in post dated 12th of June.

Thanks to Hubba, Imshzd and rest everybody for advice before. This forum is really helpful and supportive people.

Good luck to all in same situation. I will be around to help anyone for EEA3 and EEA4 applications. :)

Timeline:

EEA4 application sent: 16/05/14
HO received : 19/05/14
Acnowledgement: 26/05/2014
COA: 12/06/2014
Passport with PR received: 18/06/14

Regards,
Kulla

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:39 pm

kafworld wrote:@Bubba

Sent my packet off yesterday. Thought I would share my cover letter and get your input. Think it's clear enough?

John Doe
Address Here

DOB: XXXXXX

Subject: Application for EEA2 Residence Card (Non-EEA National)

NOTE: Please refer to Table of Contents for EEA2 application, passports and supporting documentation for Exercising Treaty Rights as Self-Sufficient

Dear Sir or Madam:

My EEA National wife is exercising Treaty Rights as Self-Sufficient based on earnings through my employment. Evidence of employment along with proof that my wife has access to my monthly deposited salary into our joint bank account is included. I’ve highlighted my monthly employment salary deposits on the joint bank account statements.

I have provided evidence of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) which covers both of us. I have included the AXA healthcare membership certificate and handbook for your reference.

Evidence of employment has been provided in the form of an employment verification letter, employment contract and payslips.

Evidence of relationship and current residence in UK has been proven in the form of our marriage certificate, joint tenancy agreement, joint Council Tax bill and joint bank statements.

Evidence of identity is proven by including a passport for myself, the applicant and that of my wife, the EEA National.

Lastly, I have included a self addressed envelope with the postage paid for return of documents and Residence Card.

If you require additional supporting documents in order to make your decision please contact me via email at xxxxx@gmail.com, on my mobile at XXXXX XXXXXX or write to the address above.

Thank you very much for your attention to my EEA2 application for a Residence Card and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

SPECIAL NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO RETURN OUR PASSPORTS ONCE THEY ARE NO LONGER NEEDED?
Looks good, mate. Hopefully you will be receiving your EEA2 in no time.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:40 pm

kulla wrote:Hubba many congratulations to you :)

I received my PR yesterday in post dated 12th of June.

Thanks to Hubba, Imshzd and rest everybody for advice before. This forum is really helpful and supportive people.

Good luck to all in same situation. I will be around to help anyone for EEA3 and EEA4 applications. :)

Timeline:

EEA4 application sent: 16/05/14
HO received : 19/05/14
Acnowledgement: 26/05/2014
COA: 12/06/2014
Passport with PR received: 18/06/14

Regards,
Kulla

Congratulations, Kulla! Very fast turnover as well!

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi Everyone, I got some updates from home office and need some help now.

My solicitor just called me and said she received my application back, with one good news and one not so good.

I applied for EEA4 together with my mom, she is married to an Italian national and we are both his dependent. Thing is, Today we received the application back, BUT, they issued a PR on my mom's passport and return all the documents apart from My Passport, My stepfather's passport, my birth certificate and their marriage certificate.

They didn't issue any letter saying why they kept these documents, so we think the documents might have been lost during the process of returning them back. My solicitor is now getting in touch with them to find out, but I am a bit worried they might refuse my application :cry:

I need some light here, what do you guys think might have happened????? :?:

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:56 pm

claraluh wrote:Hi Everyone, I got some updates from home office and need some help now.

My solicitor just called me and said she received my application back, with one good news and one not so good.

I applied for EEA4 together with my mom, she is married to an Italian national and we are both his dependent. Thing is, Today we received the application back, BUT, they issued a PR on my mom's passport and return all the documents apart from My Passport, My stepfather's passport, my birth certificate and their marriage certificate.

They didn't issue any letter saying why they kept these documents, so we think the documents might have been lost during the process of returning them back. My solicitor is now getting in touch with them to find out, but I am a bit worried they might refuse my application :cry:

I need some light here, what do you guys think might have happened????? :?:
Hi Claraluh,

Not sure,what could have happened. Probably the caseworker was a bit too keen to send off your application that he/she forgot some documentation on his/her desk. If they have approved your mom's application I don't see why they would refuse yours (have you applied on the same form as your mother?).

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Yes we applied using the same form, my mom as the main applicant and me as the dependent, we sent Payment on postal order as well. We received the CAO letter on 5th June dated 2nd June and two different letters on my mom's name and one on my name. Now we got the documents back, but my passport is missing and also my stepfather's plus birth and marriage certificate :/
I am soooo happy for my mom, but I want to receive mine too :|

Sylviaucl
Newly Registered

Post by Sylviaucl » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:58 pm

COA received yesterday, dated 03/06/2014!

22/05/2014 sent joint application EEA3&4
23/05/2014 HO received it
28/05/2014 Money taken out from card for both eea3&4
30/05/2014 received letter from HO confirming the reception of EEA3 (dated 27/05/2014)
06/06/2014 received letter from HO confirming the reception of EEA4 (dated 27/05/2014)
21/06/2014 COA received (dated 03/06/2014)

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi Hubba,

We both applied using the same form, My mom was the main applicant and me the dependent, and we received two separate COA letters. Do you think that I am being 25 years old will negatively affect my application??? I am so worried now :(

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:04 pm

claraluh wrote:Hi Hubba,

We both applied using the same form, My mom was the main applicant and me the dependent, and we received two separate COA letters. Do you think that I am being 25 years old will negatively affect my application??? I am so worried now :(
Hi claraluh, I don't see why this would affect your application. Any word from your solicitor?

Cheers,

Hubba

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi Hubba,

I'm going to meet my solitor now to collect my mom's passport and then I'll ask her what she thinks.
It's just that I saw some threads here about dependents over 21 and people were saying negative things. But hopefully everything will be alright in the end. Thanks a lot for your help.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:46 pm

My application was refused :/
They approved my mother's but refused mine stating that I didn't send evidence that I was continuously living in the country for 5 years, which I did, but unfortunately they didn't see it. I decided to make another applications as it is looking to be faster than appealing to tribunal. Our applications got returned within a month.

Good Luck to me again!!

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:20 am

claraluh wrote:My application was refused :/
They approved my mother's but refused mine stating that I didn't send evidence that I was continuously living in the country for 5 years, which I did, but unfortunately they didn't see it. I decided to make another applications as it is looking to be faster than appealing to tribunal. Our applications got returned within a month.

Good Luck to me again!!
That's a shame :(

Well, I guess this is a drawback from their current swiftness on evaluating applications. In some of them, some documentation is bound to be put aside and forgotten.

Good luck again, hopefully you'll be with your PR in no time.