ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for child of settled person

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lemurkilo
Newly Registered

VAF4A & Biometric cards

Post by lemurkilo » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:03 am

Hi All,
Me & my wife & two older kids have ILR since last year (& have our BMR cards). Like the original poster, my wife had a new baby (our third) overseas.

I've understood that I need to use the VAF4a form to apply for settlement from overseas.
What Im not sure is how the BMR (for the new baby) is applied for? Is it granted at the foreign embassy as the same time we get the visa or do we need to apply individually?

We donot have any page in our passports saying ILR , we just have a BMR card which we have used to travel back to the country.

What does the VAF4A application do? Does it stamp a visa sticker (ILR) in my new baby's passport? Does it also process the BMR for the baby or should we apply for BMR once the baby reaches the UK?

thanks

gsumanth
Newly Registered

Post by gsumanth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi All,

Submitted visa application for my second son under Indefinite Leave to Enter at VFS Bangalore.

Date of Submission: 10/6/13

Text message stating application processed: 29/08/13

Visa processed successfully & documents received: 30/08/13

Thanks to this forum members, was very helpful.

Thanks,
Sumanth

FOR_ILR

ILE?

Post by FOR_ILR » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:19 pm

[quote="gsumanth"]Hi All,

Submitted visa application for my second son under Indefinite Leave to Enter at VFS Bangalore.

Date of Submission: 10/6/13

Were told it will take 56 working days.

Surprisingly, the VFS person did not try to verify if all required documents were submitted. Just asked to submit all that we had. In the past, they would try to cross check once.

Thanks to this forum members, was very helpful.

Now waiting game for the response from BHC.

Thanks,
Sumanth[/quote]

Hi Sumanth - What is the form to say ILE? I had applied on 15/07/2013 from Bangalore for my wife and kids under "dependent of settled person" category and got their visa today with validity for 33 months.

I was told by few other folks in community that I should have got ILE, so wanted to know what is the form you used and which category.

Thanks,
Suren

muralitharanp79
Newly Registered

Re: Visa for child of settled person

Post by muralitharanp79 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:19 am

Dear Friends,

I am planning to apply for settlement in VFS, chennai for my son who was born in India and we both parents got ILR last year.

Can someone plz help me what needs to be filled up in Appendix 2 financial requirements?

a) Should I need to fill up the Maintenance part (i.e., Part 4) or Financial Requirement (Part 3)?
b) Is TB certificate required for a 10 month old baby?
c) I believe there is no online form available for Appendix 2, plz confirm.
d) Should I need to submit SU07 form for my son?

Any advice will be highly helpful.

Thanks,
Murali

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Mon May 19, 2014 9:15 pm

[quote="muralitharanp79"]Dear Friends,

I am planning to apply for settlement in VFS, chennai for my son who was born in India and we both parents got ILR last year.

Can someone plz help me what needs to be filled up in Appendix 2 financial requirements?

a) Should I need to fill up the Maintenance part (i.e., Part 4) or Financial Requirement (Part 3)?
b) Is TB certificate required for a 10 month old baby?
c) I believe there is no online form available for Appendix 2, plz confirm.
d) Should I need to submit SU07 form for my son?

Thanks,
Murali[/quote]

no financial requirement, you need to be able to provide "adequate maintenance" under old rules
you fill out appendix 1, not appendix 2 -- but then, both are offline, you need to print them and fill out by hand
and yes you need the su07 undertaking

i know on this topicmany people were advised to submit appendix 2 or show financial requirement, but it is not correct under your ciscumstances. you need appendix 1 and adequate maintenance

as far as tb requirement, it makes no sense but the way the rules are wrriten, yes it is still reqwuired, although doctors obviously arent going to give the baby a chest xray, you are probably going to just go there with the baby, they will take a look at the baby, ask questions and give you thecertificate, at least this is how it happens with small children in russia

sq

Visa for child of settled person

Post by sq » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:01 pm

I am planning to apply visa for my daugther born in india, Hyderabad VFS and she is only one month old now. I got ILR settlement visa and my wife is FLR(M) visa.

I got some confusion question please share ur experience.

1.What is the exact name of the visa for VAF 4A. (I means child of settled person, or ILE indefinite leave to enter or settlement visa for child.
2. Appendix 1 or Appendix 2 or both
3. form SU07 is required or not
4. Baby is onemonth old so she required TB test or no please.
5. How much fees in india hyderabad and how to pay that fees in VFS or bank?

I meet financial requirement for the above visa i mean 22400/- per annum but i got only six months salary slip is it sufficient for this visa.

Thanks,
SQ

nachiket111
Newly Registered

Post by nachiket111 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:10 am

I am in the same boat with you. Can any senior members comment please?

sq

Post by sq » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:42 pm

nachiket111 wrote:I am in the same boat with you. Can any senior members comment please?
hi there
When r u applying ur baby visa pls, could u please share what ever u collect information. tnx

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:44 pm

sq wrote:
nachiket111 wrote:I am in the same boat with you. Can any senior members comment please?
hi there
When r u applying ur baby visa pls, could u please share what ever u collect information. tnx
If you have ILR then you can apply for british passport for your baby....

sq

Post by sq » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:20 am

Hi, there how can i apply for British passport, I inquired to solicitor and home office, they told me apply first settlement visa from india than apply British passport.

Why ur baby visa is refused, could u please share information tnx...

Shreyas83
Newly Registered

Post by Shreyas83 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:07 am

Hi Firefly and Chandra,

My husband and I have both ILR and I have delivered a baby here in India. We wish to apply for the child settlement in UK. Could you kindly share your experience and the documents you submitted? Thanks.

Shreyas83
Newly Registered

Post by Shreyas83 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:13 am

Cf_firefly wrote:Me and my wife have got our ILR last year . We are expecting our baby delivery in India early next year .I understand that when I bring the baby to UK , I need to apply for visa under the category of "child of settled person " and after searching this forum , I have listed below documents which I need to submit to BHC . Can someone please verify and let me know if I am missing any documents :

A. Accommodation Proof
• Rental agreement
• Council Tax Notice
• Utility Bills

B. Employment Proof
• Letter from employer stating Current Salary , Job description and Job type .
• Employment contract .

C. Maintenance and Salary Proof
• 6 Months Bank Statements
• 6 Months Pay slips
• Latest P60 and year before
• Savings Account statement

D. Relationship proof
• Child Birth Certificate
• Parents’ Marriage Certificate – Not sure if this is needed ?

E. Application Forms
• VAF4A Application Form
• VAF4A –Appendix 1 Form

F. Passports and Copies
• Copy of Sponsor’s passport covering all pages necessary including ILR Visa
• Copy of Child’s Mother’s passport covering all pages necessary including ILR Visa
• Original passport of child

G. Others
• Covering Letter from Sponsor .
• Signed SU07 Form
• Previous letter from Home office for initial HSMP Visa
• Previous Visa Extension letter Under HSMP JR .
• Wife’s Dependent Visa Copy and letter of Visa approval under HSMP JR dependent .
• ILR approval letters for Myself and my wife under HSMP JR .

Photocopies of above documents where ever necessary .

Thanks
Firefly

Hi Firefly and Chandra,

My husband and I have both ILR and I have delivered a baby here in India. We wish to apply for the child settlement in UK. Could you kindly share your experience and the documents you submitted? Thanks.

Shreyas83

sofiajessica888
Newly Registered

Post by sofiajessica888 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:32 am

does anyone know what annex form means or vaf form pls

angie36

Post by angie36 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me, i will be applying for my 2 daughters to come to the uk to join us. I undersatand we need to fill out appendix 2, I have 3 questions to ask
I am british born and my husband has his ILR
1. Appendix 2 section 3.2 - what is the financial requirement you are expected to meet.
The option i need will be 2 children no adults, but this option doesnt appear, would it be
applying with one child dependant under 18? as the options all suggest that a child will be coming with an adult.
2. If you are an applicant under the age of 18 applying on your own to join a sponser, read the policy guidance notes for further information. on the finacial requirements your are required to meet- i have found the policy guidence but it isant quite clear of what the financial requirements are.
3. To meet the financial requirements, can both parents submit their slaries to meet the requirement, or is it only 1 person who can do this, as the form only says sponser, suggesting only 1 person.

Your help is much appreciated.

khanlala2016
Newly Registered

Post by khanlala2016 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Great info and i have read it all but still have questions.

Do you fill separete forms if u have more than one child?

When filling online application, does the applicant give his details in this case a child?

Do we choose apply for yourself or someone else? This thingy is soo confusing...

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:33 pm

khanlala2016 wrote:Great info and i have read it all but still have questions.

Do you fill separete forms if u have more than one child?

When filling online application, does the applicant give his details in this case a child?

Do we choose apply for yourself or someone else? This thingy is soo confusing...

Thanks
You've tagged your question on the end of a very old thread. Member angie36 hasn't visited the forum since May 06, 2015.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.