ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Al Haqq

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:25 pm

bsmith13 wrote:Hello beautiful people,

Congrats to everyone that has been granted.

Please I need your help again.

Basically before I made this new application in January, I previously made an application in 2012 July which got refused in august 2013. And apparently we went for judicial review after the acknowledgement of service was issued, we got to know that the lawyer has written false things in my application which never existed and made false stories up. We decided to seek help with another lawyer who advised that we make a fresh application and withdraw the judicial review which I did. But unfortunately this evening, I got a letter from Tsol saying they have been granted court order that I should pay 240 pounds if not my name will be written in the HO database and they will be chasing me. Seriously I think the old lawyer should be responsible for the payment because he was the one that caused this for me upon all the money we paid him which we never got back.

Lastly, please can this affect my current Judicial review as I've not heard anything from them and moreover I can't afford the money like seriously. Thanks
@bsmith13
Suggestions; write to HO stating that because you are not working you will be paying them the money in instalments, you can offer to pay them £1 a month or week entirely up to you. You could look for formats of this type of letters at a website called Step change.
While sorting this out with the HO write to the lawyer who caused this problem requesting he/she pays up (I am not sure he would though) you can equally tell him you will report him/her to their board. this is how I will go about it. Good luck

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:29 pm

clee4 wrote:Just an update, the DX driver re-delivered this morning. Was indeed my BRP card. Very happy that this whole process is over at least for another 5 years. It took almost exactly two months from start to finish. I missed a royal mail delivery on Sat which I'm assuming is my approval letter and documents. And the delivery driver knew what he was delivering as he said he had a visa when I opened the door! Please find my timeline below:

FLR(O) - applied 10/04/14
Application received/biometric/ECHR letter -19/4/2014
Biometrics done 22/4/14
Missed package from DX 13/6/14
Missed letter from Royal Mail 14/6/14 (Assuming approval letter and documents)
BRP Received from DX 16/6/14
CONGRATULATIONS

zico 10
Newly Registered

Post by zico 10 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Am really nervous because I just spoke to a lady on the phone now. And she said a package has been sent through second class to my solicitor today. Oh my God, I pray to hear a good news, because being worried about the second class mail. Am really, really nervous infact am shaking right now.

convenantkeepingGod

Post by convenantkeepingGod » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:15 pm

zico 10 wrote:Am really nervous because I just spoke to a lady on the phone now. And she said a package has been sent through second class to my solicitor today. Oh my God, I pray to hear a good news, because being worried about the second class mail. Am really, really nervous infact am shaking right now.

I hope good news on its way to you too. I'm sure that it is good news because she said package. When I called months ago regarding my zambrano application the person I spoke to said a letter was sent to your solicitor. I knew then it was a refusal because no package was mentioned just letter.
Regarding the 2nd class mail, I think it is the standard stamp used by ukvi to send back documents unless you provided a recorded or special delivery envelope .
So let me be the first to congratulate you , it looks like like your BRP is on its way. Did she mentioned another package sent to DX? Anyway all the best .

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 pm

Wow cant believe how quick they have responded as less than a week... Just got a date for my oral hearing in 3months.

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:22 pm

zico 10 wrote:Am really nervous because I just spoke to a lady on the phone now. And she said a package has been sent through second class to my solicitor today. Oh my God, I pray to hear a good news, because being worried about the second class mail. Am really, really nervous infact am shaking right now.
@zico
I think good news is on its way coming to you. Good luck.

convenantkeepingGod

Post by convenantkeepingGod » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Al Haqq wrote:
bsmith13 wrote:Hello beautiful people,

Congrats to everyone that has been granted.

Please I need your help again.

Basically before I made this new application in January, I previously made an application in 2012 July which got refused in august 2013. And apparently we went for judicial review after the acknowledgement of service was issued, we got to know that the lawyer has written false things in my application which never existed and made false stories up. We decided to seek help with another lawyer who advised that we make a fresh application and withdraw the judicial review which I did. But unfortunately this evening, I got a letter from Tsol saying they have been granted court order that I should pay 240 pounds if not my name will be written in the HO database and they will be chasing me. Seriously I think the old lawyer should be responsible for the payment because he was the one that caused this for me upon all the money we paid him which we never got back.

Lastly, please can this affect my current Judicial review as I've not heard anything from them and moreover I can't afford the money like seriously. Thanks
@bsmith13
Suggestions; write to HO stating that because you are not working you will be paying them the money in instalments, you can offer to pay them £1 a month or week entirely up to you. You could look for formats of this type of letters at a website called Step change.
While sorting this out with the HO write to the lawyer who caused this problem requesting he/she pays up (I am not sure he would though) you can equally tell him you will report him/her to their board. this is how I will go about it. Good luck

Very good advice right there. Totally agree with Al Haqq, deal firstly with the ukvi because there is an urgency to do so and as for the lawyer, I doubt that just asking him to pay will do it. But by letting that lawyer know that you are taking this seriously and will take it to the SRA and the legal ombudsman should get things moving.
I really hope all get sorted for you.

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Congrats Rina.

I believe and pray favour will be yours. Don't worry. This is a year of positive change, this too will end in praise for you.
You are in my prayers.

Believe , I hope you are keeping well dear bro? X

Hello family, I hope we are all keeping well? It is well with us all.
God bless.

clee4
Newly Registered

Post by clee4 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:31 am

Congratulations again, we share the same timeline only that they asked me for more documents which they have received today. so hopefully i get a response by the end of the week. Did you say you have been given 5 years?

Yes, however my purpose of the visa is different then others. I applied as a US Civilian Employee, so although my visa is valid for 5 years I cannot work anywhere else except on base and I'm not entitled to public funds, which is fine since I'm working. But will eventually apply for settlement since my husband and children are british. Not sure if I will apply after 5 or ten years.

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:44 am

Hello forum members, good news is finally here. I just got my BRP card...yay.... Freedom. Thanks for all your support. I didn't use a solicitor just followed most of your advice. Thank you beautiful people, May God bless you all. We shall keep encouraging everybody. Thanks x
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:10 am

es2013 wrote:Hello forum members, good news is finally here. I just got my BRP card...yay.... Freedom. Thanks for all your support. I didn't use a solicitor just followed most of your advice. Thank you beautiful people, May God bless you all. We shall keep encouraging everybody. Thanks x
Good news indeed.. Congratulations now go and enjoy that priceless freedom.

convenantkeepingGod

Post by convenantkeepingGod » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:45 am

es2013 wrote:Hello forum members, good news is finally here. I just got my BRP card...yay.... Freedom. Thanks for all your support. I didn't use a solicitor just followed most of your advice. Thank you beautiful people, May God bless you all. We shall keep encouraging everybody. Thanks x
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! That is wonderful es2013 , congratulations ! Freedom indeed. Go and enjoy :lol:

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:45 am

@zico,
Congratulations in advance, it is normal to be anxious either way. I hope and believe it is a positive anxiety. Once again congrats.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 am

rina wrote:Wow cant believe how quick they have responded as less than a week... Just got a date for my oral hearing in 3months.
Congratulations rina, I hope they get a positive bearing on their thinking before that day and simply agree that they have made a wrong decision and grant you your stay, rather than wasting people's time and resources. Well my people say COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON

Once again good luck, continue to gather and build your evidence.

imensh
Newly Registered

Post by imensh » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:01 am

Congratulations, very happy for you enjoy a nice summer. :D

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:16 am

CONGRATULATIONS
Have a visa stress free life

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:30 am

Congrats es2013 on your new found Freedom! All the best to you!

Greetings to one and all!

God's Authority fine thanks hope you and the family are doing well!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:30 am

Congrats es2013 on your new found Freedom! All the best to you!

Greetings to one and all!

God's Authority fine thanks hope you and the family are doing well!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

zico 10
Newly Registered

Post by zico 10 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Al Haqq wrote:
@zico,
Congratulations in advance, it is normal to be anxious either way. I hope and believe it is a positive anxiety. Once again congrats.
@al haqq thanks for the encouragement, but to be sincere am really worried and cant wait to see what in the package. because the lady only said a package has been sent to your solicitor and gave me a royal mail tracking number. theres no mention of dx delivery.

convenantkeepingGod

Post by convenantkeepingGod » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:39 pm

@ es2013 ,can you tell us how you received your documents please? Were they sent via royal mail? Second class signed for? Im asking this to put those of us still waiting mind at rest .
Thank you

zico 10
Newly Registered

Post by zico 10 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:04 pm

convenantkeepingGod wrote:@ es2013 ,can you tell us how you received your documents please? Were they sent via royal mail? Second class signed for? Im asking this to put those of us still waiting mind at rest .
Thank you
i have not recieve yet, i track it and its still in process. its second class signed for

zico 10
Newly Registered

Post by zico 10 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:06 pm

zico 10 wrote:
convenantkeepingGod wrote:@ es2013 ,can you tell us how you received your documents please? Were they sent via royal mail? Second class signed for? Im asking this to put those of us still waiting mind at rest .
Thank you
i have not recieve yet, i track it and its still in process. its second class signed for

Your item is being processed but we have not received confirmation of delivery.
Please come back later
Information on your Royal Mail Signed For™ item is not yet available.

Linda21
Newly Registered

Post by Linda21 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Es2013 Yayyy. Many congratulations and enjoy the summer with ur family. Xx

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Thank you
Hi There, this morning the DX man just showed up as i was getting ready to go out at 9 am So I went out, the post man then came while i was out and delivered my other documents. I included a prepaid special delivery envelope with my application which they did not use. So they used theirs, it was signed for but it doesnt say which class. My kind post man put them in my back garden so i didnt have to go to royal mail offices and wrote a note where he had left hem.

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:31 pm

rina wrote:
Good news indeed.. Congratulations now go and enjoy that priceless freedom.
Thank you Rina, hope everything works out for you. I love this forum so will stay and motivate