ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prioritisation of dlr extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Malek2011
Newly Registered

Prioritisation of dlr extension

Post by Malek2011 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi,

My name is Malek and I'm an Algerian national, I'm also new to this forum and this is my first topic (hopefully I'm posting it under the correct section). The 18/05/2014 was the expiry date of my Discretionary leave to remain, granted following a refusal of an asylum case by the court. I've lodged an extension using the correct form and was received on the 29/04/2014 by the UKBA.

I've been in touch with the people that are dealing with my case and they gave me a rough time-scale of when I should expect to hear back from them which was by the end of the year in other words 5-6 months.

Now, I've been offered an interview for a summer internship in Shanghai (China) following my second year at university. I've got evidence of this offer, my question is ?

Will the UKBA be willing to look at my application and prioritise it ?
I've worked hard to get where I am academically, is this internship offer a good enough reason for the UKBA to speed up my application ?

Thank you in advance!