ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Route entry

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lencruz

EEA Route entry

Post by lencruz » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Hello Everyone,
My father has EEA national and my Mother Indian National, i sponsored my mother family visit visa, Next week my parents are coming to UK.

My question is Can my mother exit through EEA gate with my father.is UKBA will ask her lot of questions. please do reply moderators i will appreciate.

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: EEA Route entry

Post by rosebead » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:38 pm

If your father is a non-UK EEA national he would've been entitled to sponsor your non-EEA mother to the UK anyway, without the necessity for you to sponsor her. Your father could have applied for an EEA Family Permit for your mother, and they could have queued at the EU line together. In fact even without a visa, at the UK border (if you can get to it) your mother need only present her marriage certificate and her and her husband's passport and they should be allowed in with an on-the-spot entry visa (Code 1A stamp).

However, since you are the visa sponsor and not your father and you won't be accompanying her to the UK and she has a family visitor visa and not an EEA Family Permit, the sensible approach would be for her to queue up in the non-EU line, although I'd doubt she would be refused if she queued up in the EU line. If in doubt, just ask the immigration staff at the airport.

lencruz

Post by lencruz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:18 am

rosebead wrote:If your father is a non-UK EEA national he would've been entitled to sponsor your non-EEA mother to the UK anyway, without the necessity for you to sponsor her. Your father could have applied for an EEA Family Permit for your mother, and they could have queued at the EU line together. In fact even without a visa, at the UK border (if you can get to it) your mother need only present her marriage certificate and her and her husband's passport and they should be allowed in with an on-the-spot entry visa (Code 1A stamp).

However, since you are the visa sponsor and not your father and you won't be accompanying her to the UK and she has a family visitor visa and not an EEA Family Permit, the sensible approach would be for her to queue up in the non-EU line, although I'd doubt she would be refused if she queued up in the EU line. If in doubt, just ask the immigration staff at the airport.
Thanks Rosebead,yes my father was thinking to apply for EEA family permit but we were in doubt where they will issue her a visa or not Coz my dad is retired and he doesnt have a healthy bank statements that why we change our mind.

Can i apply for EEA1 agian the question is on what basis i can apply as my dad is 70 plus so he cant work so how i am going to show he is exercising treaty rights.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:54 am

You say your mother is entering on a visitor visa. Is she intending to settle here?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

lencruz

Post by lencruz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:32 am

Casa wrote:You say your mother is entering on a visitor visa. Is she intending to settle here?
No she is not they don't want to settle here i am just asking coz if she got EEA1 than that they can visit whenever they want and i dont have to sponsor her again and again

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Presumbably your non-UK EEA father is not residing in the UK? In that case he does not have to show proof of exercising Treaty rights in the UK to sponsor his wife to come to the UK on an EEA Family Permit. In fact, the first 3 months of stay in the UK is unconditional, so your father and your mother could be just tourists in the UK for 3 months if they wanted to. Afterwards though, he is meant to find work or register as a jobseeker for him and his wife to have a right of residence in the UK.

In future for the EEA FP application, your mother need only submit her and her husband's passports, marriage certificate, and a confirmation that your father will be travelling to the UK to visit you. And that is it! No need to show proof of employment or sufficient funds until after your father has been in the UK for more than 3 months.

The FP is a 6-month multi-entry visa so your mother can use it again before the expiry date if she wants to.

In case you did not know but after 3 months of stay your father can exercise Treaty rights as a self-sufficient person. This he could possibly show by proving that he and your mother are being funded and housed by you. Your mother might even be able to apply for an EEA2 which is valid for 5 years and allows visa-free travel throughout the EU including the UK. Just something to look into.

lencruz

Post by lencruz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:10 pm

rosebead wrote:Presumbably your non-UK EEA father is not residing in the UK? In that case he does not have to show proof of exercising Treaty rights in the UK to sponsor his wife to come to the UK on an EEA Family Permit. In fact, the first 3 months of stay in the UK is unconditional, so your father and your mother could be just tourists in the UK for 3 months if they wanted to. Afterwards though, he is meant to find work or register as a jobseeker for him and his wife to have a right of residence in the UK.

In future for the EEA FP application, your mother need only submit her and her husband's passports, marriage certificate, and a confirmation that your father will be travelling to the UK to visit you. And that is it! No need to show proof of employment or sufficient funds until after your father has been in the UK for more than 3 months.

The FP is a 6-month multi-entry visa so your mother can use it again before the expiry date if she wants to.

In case you did not know but after 3 months of stay your father can exercise Treaty rights as a self-sufficient person. This he could possibly show by proving that he and your mother are being funded and housed by you. Your mother might even be able to apply for an EEA2 which is valid for 5 years and allows visa-free travel throughout the EU including the UK. Just something to look into.
Thanks rosebead i appreciate.