ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa Refused...advice needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imran999
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa Refused...advice needed

Post by imran999 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:09 am

Hi, i am needing some advice.

my father in law and mother in law have had their visitor visa refused and i am wondering whether i should apply fresh or appeal.
We are sponsoring all their costs and they will be staying with us entire visit.

how best to progress? We are wantign them here asap...and i have heard appeal can take 6 months.....can we submit appeal and if it takes too long, can we then just submit a new application?

The refusal reason given was

The financial elements of my father in laws business was questioned
A large cash deposit (it was a cheque from business and not cash as declared on the refusal) to his personal bank account was questioned (but father in law has not had chance to explain this to visa officer?)

"i am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your circumstances or intentions in wishing to visit the uk now. i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the uk on completion if your visit. 41(i)(ii)
I have therefore refused your application because i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all the requiremments of the relevent paragraph of the uk immigration rules."

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Family Visitor Visa Refused...advice needed

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:21 am

imran999 wrote:Hi, i am needing some advice.

my father in law and mother in law have had their visitor visa refused and i am wondering whether i should apply fresh or appeal.
We are sponsoring all their costs and they will be staying with us entire visit.

how best to progress? We are wantign them here asap...and i have heard appeal can take 6 months.....can we submit appeal and if it takes too long, can we then just submit a new application?

The refusal reason given was

The financial elements of my father in laws business was questioned
A large cash deposit (it was a cheque from business and not cash as declared on the refusal) to his personal bank account was questioned (but father in law has not had chance to explain this to visa officer?)

"i am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your circumstances or intentions in wishing to visit the uk now. i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the uk on completion if your visit. 41(i)(ii)
I have therefore refused your application because i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all the requiremments of the relevent paragraph of the uk immigration rules."
Appeal rights r limited to human right ground only which are very difficult to prove. As u can go to their home country to visit them.

Apply again and try to overcome refusal point.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

imran999
Newly Registered

Post by imran999 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Are appeals not allowed on other grounds apart from human rights?

Why is this?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:51 pm

imran999 wrote:Are appeals not allowed on other grounds apart from human rights?

Why is this?
Appeals cost HM Gov and take ages, easier and cheaper for everyone just reapply with the refusal points addressed...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

zunaira
Newly Registered

Post by zunaira » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi!
Appeal option is no longer there. plus it takes even longer. I think if you re-apply, you can easily get away with it. Just make sure that you explain (and provide proof) for any large transactions going through any of the bank statements submitted. This is a very common reason for rejection. Also, since it has been rejected once, I would say clearly mention in the cover letter the reason for previous rejection and clarify the transactions. My sister had a similar rejection. They have re-applied. haven't heard from the embassy yet.....