ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immi26
Newly Registered

NHS

Post by immi26 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:31 pm

I am British citizen with family in the UK. I am going to invite my mother. my mother visited us in the UK continues every years since 2010. Her two years UK visit visa just expired recently. She is going to apply again for 5 years family visitor visa next week. I found the following questions on the form in Part 9.

While my mother was in the UK she tried to registered with NHS they asked about visa status and close her NHS registeration application. Two three times she got private prescription for blood pressure from my doctor as favour and I paid for medicine. I need your advice for filling the below questions. I would like to select NO because she never been to hosiptal and she does have NHS number but they close this because wants to see her visa status.

SHE RECEIVED THE NHS NUMBER BUT NEVER GET ANY TREATMENT BECAUSE WHEN THEY FIND OUT SHE IS ON VISIT VISA THEY CLOSE IT. SHE RECEIVED ONLY THREE PRIVATE PRESCRIPTION WHICH WAS NOT THROUGH NHS. SHE IS NOT REGISTER ANYMORE AND HER REGISTRATION WITH GP NOT ACTIVE.

CAN YOU PLEASE GUIDE IN THIS CIRSUMSTANCE HOW I NEED TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION.

Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?
Did you have to pay for the treatment?

IF I SAY YES. DO YOU THINK SHE WILL GET ANY PROBLEM WITH ENTRY CLEARANCE.

SINCE 2010 SHE RECEIVED THE VISA TWO TIME BUT NEVER SEE THIS QUESTION IN PREVIOUS APPLICATION FORM. THIS IS FIRST TIME THEY INTRODUCE THIS QUESTION. PLEASE HELP ON THIS.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: NHS

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:58 pm

Just tell the truth - yes she did and she paid for it privately.

If you want to - add more information in the 'more information' section outlining what the treatment was ('privately written prescription for blood pressure medicine - paid for privately').

immi26
Newly Registered

Post by immi26 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks for your reply,

My concern By saying we have take the treatment does not show someone breach the immigration rule ?

She only take the private prescription why we need to declare this because end of the day it not from the NHS.

I do not think they have a problem She is not on NHS debt and no treatment from NHS. why we need to declare this and give the information about the GP / Surgery to call them to find this.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Because the question is not "did you have treatment on the NHS". It is "did you take any medical treatment".

So by failing to declare it you are making a false submission that can result in up to a 10 year ban.

immi26
Newly Registered

Post by immi26 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:55 am

By declaring this do you thing she will get any problem?

Do you think they will consider this she breach the immigration law and will contact to surgery for more info?

Is there any helpline for NHS where I can find out about her NHS registration status so I can deal it better?

They have recently introduce this question and she tried to register in Nov 2010? It is long time now.

I am so worried he I tackle this?

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:53 am

MPH 80 has given you honest advice. What harm will it do your mum's application if you declare it, It seems you are hiding something with these questions you are asking. If in truth that your mum get private prescription from GP and paid for it , so why not say so rather than hiding it. I know someone in your situation that hide his NHS treatment and was given 10 years ban, it is better to be safe than sorry mate.

immi26
Newly Registered

Post by immi26 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi Johnj01,

Thanks for your contribution. It will help me a lot.

Yes, She tried to registered with NHS in 2010 and they issued the NHS number no and on first appointment when I told about her visitor visa they said she cannot see the GP because of her visa status. I said to them that's fine and they make her registration not active.

My Mum in her visit in 2013 she been to see GP to attend her granddaughter appointment and request to GP to check her blood pressure and GP notice that it was high and advice her take this tablets which was handwritten prescription (with no nhs number) and I paid different amount to pharmacy because they said it is private prescription.

Now GP did not charged us for private prescription but I AM SURE IT WAS PRIVATE PRESCRIPTION AND IN PHARMACY I PAID FOR MEDICINE PRICE WHICH WAS AROUND £25.

There are two problem with declaring this

1. Proof the GP charges for private prescription.
2. In 2010 tried to registered with NHS which is not active since 2010

But you said you know someone who are banned for 10 years for not declaring this. can you please give some more information because I will help me a lot. Thanks,

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:12 pm

My friend, I don't see any reason flogging this issue, it's your choice at the end of the day if you want to declare it or not, there's is a reason why the question is in the application form, definitely, the visa issuance officer will check all immigration history of your mum , this include any private or NHS treatment, I am 100% sure of that.
My friend's father issue is that he was in UK for private medical treatment and did not declared it when he wanted to renew his visiting visa, the man has been coming to UK or the past 28 years. So you can see the reason why I asked you to declare it. Good luck

immi26
Newly Registered

Post by immi26 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Can someone help me on this matter.

Can we refuse to get entry clearance because of we got some private prescription in our previous visit?

Thanks

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 pm

You have been given good advice already. It is much better to declare any previous treatment, private or NHS. My husband had received private treatment and explained in detail on his application that he had paid for treatment. He got his visa. It is always better to be honest.