ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajjadali707

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by sajjadali707 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:42 pm

mind202 wrote:Many congrats Sajjad bhai..please remember us in prayers..
Dear friend

Inshallah your good news will come soon.
Have you shared your time line?
Application sent 11/02/2014
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
Ackn received. 17/02/2014
Bio letter dated. 05/03/2014
Bio letter rcvd. 13/03/2014
Biometric done. 13/03/2014
Approval dated 17/06/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:52 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
sajjadali707 wrote:Dear board members
By the Grace Of Almighty Allah SWT.
My application has been approved and I was granted Indefinite leave to remain in UK.
Thanks to my parents, family members, friends and all well wishers who prayed for me and gave me the hope for this long awaiting period.

Thanks n regards
Sajjad Ali
Sajjad Bahi Mubarak Mubarak, finally it arrives hay. Well done, well deserved. All the best for your future my brother. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Dear shah jee 1-2-3-4
Thanks for best wishes and for your kind and helpful assistance.
You were right that it will be anytime.
My prayers and best wishes are always with you.
May Allah bless all the people in this forum particularly and generally whoever applied for any immigration status.
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

Anserbutt
Newly Registered

Post by Anserbutt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi Sajjad , I cannot pm u. Plz email me at Anser.butt100@gmail.com

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:39 pm

ma575 wrote:Hi SHAHJEE, RANA ALI & HOWILR,

Congratulations to both Rana Ali and HOWILR and hope Shahjee will also get his Mrs. ILR as well soon insha allah.

I have a query or rather a clarification and your responses will be appreciated. I have recently got my ILR approved and afterwards my wife got two years FLRM visa, application sent before 6 April 2014. However, my status before sending my ILR application was student and my wife obviously had Tier4 Dependent visa before switching to FLRM for two years. For her ILR application, the first sentence in the approval letter she has received says,

'In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a period of 2 years in the United Kingdom as the spouse.'

It also says:

'Please understand any future application that you make in the marriage category will be assessed against paragraphs 284 or 287 or 295D or 295G of the immigration rules.'

My question is: Do we have to wait for two years in order to apply for her ILR or the time she has spent in the United Kingdom as a PBS Tier4 dependent will also count towards her two years.

She was granted Tier4 dependent visa before July 2012.
Hi ma575,
Frankly it is a bit of a grey area as the PBS dependant claiming time already spend should have been in route to settlement, which a Tier 4 dependant is not, but you could see that members are applying it and getting it with out any problems.
The statement that you wrote that your Mrs received in her approval letter is the same that my Mrs received for her approval letter for FLR(M), and I am not waiting, I am trying to book an appointment for them in PEO to apply SET(M), and I will suggest you do the same. All the best mate. I hope it works.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:07 pm

NasirNNN wrote:SHAHJEE

Inshallah u will get ur children visa soon be patience u know home office

r u going to visit ur father soon?convey my best wishes to him.

pray for us brother even February is taking too long don't know how much more we march applicant have to wait but hope with the help of encouraging members like you and others it will be sorted one day

this week was really good for forum members.Hope every week is like that

good luck

Regards
Nasir Bahi thanks a lot for all your nice wishes, really appreciate that. I am planning to go back home as soon as I could hopefully sort out the SET(M) for my dependants, hopefully get the biometric cards for my daughters soon, that is what is stopping me. Please remember us in your prayers brother, my prayers all the way with you, you can see Home Office have picked up work, so hopefully you get to hear the good news very soon INSHALLAH. Take care my brother.
Kind regards
Shahjee

ma575
Newly Registered

Post by ma575 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:27 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:

Congratulations to both Rana Ali and HOWILR and hope Shahjee will also get his Mrs. ILR as well soon insha allah.

I have a query or rather a clarification and your responses will be appreciated. I have recently got my ILR approved and afterwards my wife got two years FLRM visa, application sent before 6 April 2014. However, my status before sending my ILR application was student and my wife obviously had Tier4 Dependent visa before switching to FLRM for two years. For her ILR application, the first sentence in the approval letter she has received says,

'In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a period of 2 years in the United Kingdom as the spouse.'

It also says:

'Please understand any future application that you make in the marriage category will be assessed against paragraphs 284 or 287 or 295D or 295G of the immigration rules.'

My question is: Do we have to wait for two years in order to apply for her ILR or the time she has spent in the United Kingdom as a PBS Tier4 dependent will also count towards her two years.

Hi ma575,
Frankly it is a bit of a grey area as the PBS dependant claiming time already spend should have been in route to settlement, which a Tier 4 dependant is not, but you could see that members are applying it and getting it with out any problems.
The statement that you wrote that your Mrs received in her approval letter is the same that my Mrs received for her approval letter for FLR(M), and I am not waiting, I am trying to book an appointment for them in PEO to apply SET(M), and I will suggest you do the same. All the best mate. I hope it works.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Many thanks Shahjee for your reply. I was thinking on the same line, that's why, I wanted to know if there is any member who had the same situation (had Tier4 student visa before getting ILR) and got ILR for his/her spouse right after his/her FLR(M) approval. I can recall some people posting responses from the Home Office which clearly mention that pre-July 2012 dependents' leave in any category can be combined and counted towards their total two years mandatory period provided they apply for FLR(M) before 6 April 2014. But afterwards, I had also gone through some posts which state otherwise. That's why, there is a little bit of confusion regarding such a situation.

I think our respected member Amber might be able to clarify this point better. I will appreciate if she can guide us on this point.

Congratulations to all who have received ILRs and best wishes for those who are waiting.
Last edited by ma575 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:42 pm

Congratulations Shahjee1234

shahjee1234 wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah I have received the ILR, just got the good news from home that it has been approved, dated 12/06/14. Once again many thanks to all you kind people, it has been possible because of you guys help and support, hats off to all of you, and May Allah be with you all the way to help you achieve your goals. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Balle Balle Sajjadali707
Many many congratulations. Enjoy your freedom buddy,

My application has been approved and I was granted Indefinite leave to remain in UK.
Thanks to my parents, family members, friends and all well wishers who prayed for me and gave me the hope for this long awaiting period.

Thanks n regards
Sajjad Ali

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: FLR(m) to SET(m)

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:12 am

HowILR wrote: he said doesn't matter 06th of april as long as she has granted pbs dependant 09/07/2014 and u got ilr based on 10 years and she has completed 2 years qualifying period so then she will be eligible for IlR.
you mean 09/07/2012?
N/A

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:36 am

It also says:

Thanks bro and to every one for their best wishes and prayers ..keep bringing the good news Masha Allah
Bhai this is what exactly it says on the approval letter of my Mrs as well. I would say just be well prepare before hand . Take all relevant print out with u on PEO appointment
Bro even though before ILR our previous category was tier 1(G) but still we didn't spend all time on it, our case is almost similar . I think u should go with confidence , Insha Allah every thing should be fine.
I ll give a link which would help and give u better understanding ..
First thing first as ur approval letter says that ur mrs future application will be consider under 284 to 287 , according to 287.a.i.d if ur spouse has already spent 2 years as pbs dep , she is entitle to apply ILR , also in case worker guidance its clearly says that u can combine leave which obtain as relevant point base migrant https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf see page 34 and from part 8 immigration rule search 319AA which define the meaning of relevant point base migrant means , it includes tier 4
Hope this will clear ur doubts and i tried
to explain it as simple as possible way but still if there is any confusion ,ask question without any hesitation
Remember me in prayers , hope ur application get approved swiftly
All the best
regards

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:48 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
RANA-ALI wrote:Shah g ......the great
Really humble and please to share the news that i have recived ilr approval letters for my Mrs , as u aware i had a bit issue when i went for PEO and case worker was not agree that she is eligible for ilr yet...if any one has any question about the case , dont hasitate to ask/ message
Regards
All the best to u
What a news RANA Bahi, great one. Made my day, I was just thinking about you and praying that hope you get the right result. It is well deserved. Enjoy you full freedom now. Once again congratulation to you and your family, all the best for your future, my prayers and best wishes be with you. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Shah g the great
Thanks v much bro for ur best wishes and pray .... Cant tell u how stressful these two days were , there was time whn start thinking im going to be the victim of HO negligence abt rules ,
But Allah ny bara karam kia, so relief....phew
And what a day .... Received brp card on same day as well
HO di phurtiyannn lol
I wish and pray that u have a pleasant experience with ur peo appointment
Best Regards
Ali

zebikhan
Newly Registered

Post by zebikhan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:15 am

Yes bro, I got that in 15 weeks time.
austin100 wrote:HELLO Zebikhan,
Congrats ! Can you outline , your time line pls .
I have the same Visa history as yours.
2004-2008 ( Student Visa )
Residence cards ( 2009-20014)
Armed forces Exempt Visa ( 2012-2013)
Residence card (2013-2014)
Life in uk test
English listening &speaking

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:45 am

prem_singh123 wrote:Balle Balle Sajjadali707

Thanks n regards
Sajjad Ali
Thanks prem singh ji
Where you been , didn't see u on the forum for last couple of days.
Hopefully your one will soon in the line.
From mid May to mid June, they were surprisingly slow but now I think they gained the pace.
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:00 am

Dear All Members.....congratulations those who got there ILR and enjoy the freedom.........
I have previously mentioned as well does any one have got any ref....regarding FLR M....to amalgate or combine the time spent on PBS ....my wife joined me on 7-august -2010 as TIER 1 GENERAL dependent.........I have got ILR IN MAy..ON LONG RESIDENCE BASIS.....still looking for ref to show it to case worker to convince him to get 2 year visa rather than 5 years......plz forward me email from home office if any one have got it from HO...OR any ref so I can print it out and take it with me....trust me tried do many solicitors they dont have a clue.....many thanks in advance....

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:36 am

Thanks n regards
Sajjad Ali
Many Congratulation Sajjad Ali Bhai. and please pray for the rest of the members who still waiting for their ILR. Hopefully you will sort your family visas soon as well.

Shah gee i have sent you an email please reply me back. Thanks

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:00 am

Hi just been busy with work, hope they done with Narch application soon so April get the nod.

sajjadali707 wrote:
prem_singh123 wrote:Balle Balle Sajjadali707

Thanks n regards
Sajjad Ali
Thanks prem singh ji
Where you been , didn't see u on the forum for last couple of days.
Hopefully your one will soon in the line.
From mid May to mid June, they were surprisingly slow but now I think they gained the pace.

sksuk
Newly Registered

Post by sksuk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:07 am

HowILR wrote:Hi all,

Just been to croydon today for my mrs Successfully granted ILR as she got flr(m) on 12/05/2014 for 2.5 years incorrectly latter i have corrected to 2 years.

Straight forward case explained everything on cover letter so that case worker didn't asked anything but i asked case worker she applied before 06th April and he said doesn't matter 06th of april as long as she has granted pbs dependant 09/07/2014 and u got ilr based on 10 years and she has completed 2 years qualifying period so then she will be eligible for IlR.

We had appointment on 10 am submitted all docs around 10.30 and came back with Ilr around 12 o'clock even-though it was mad busy there.

If anyone need any help pls ask me as i got unlimited help from this forum. Everyone here is extra level genius...thx to all.

Thx to almighty allah no need visa anymore in life time.
Hi HowILR
Thank you for sharing great news. Congratulations! Just wondering if you could advise about my Mrs set(m) application as she is preparing to go Croydon with peo. She got 2.5 years visa in last month but we did not make any effort to correct it. Do you think HO could raise this issue?

Many thanks

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Dear All Members.....congratulations those who got there ILR and enjoy the freedom.........
I have previously mentioned as well does any one have got any ref....regarding FLR M....to amalgate or combine the time spent on PBS ....my wife joined me on 7-august -2010 as TIER 1 GENERAL dependent.........I have got ILR IN MAy..ON LONG RESIDENCE BASIS.....still looking for ref to show it to case worker to convince him to get 2 year visa rather than 5 years......plz forward me email from home office if any one have got it from HO...OR any ref so I can print it out and take it with me....trust me tried do many solicitors they dont have a clue.....many thanks in advance....

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:27 pm

RANA-ALI wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
RANA-ALI wrote:Shah g ......the great
Really humble and please to share the news that i have recived ilr approval letters for my Mrs , as u aware i had a bit issue when i went for PEO and case worker was not agree that she is eligible for ilr yet...if any one has any question about the case , dont hasitate to ask/ message
Regards
All the best to u
What a news RANA Bahi, great one. Made my day, I was just thinking about you and praying that hope you get the right result. It is well deserved. Enjoy you full freedom now. Once again congratulation to you and your family, all the best for your future, my prayers and best wishes be with you. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Shah g the great
Thanks v much bro for ur best wishes and pray .... Cant tell u how stressful these two days were , there was time whn start thinking im going to be the victim of HO negligence abt rules ,
But Allah ny bara karam kia, so relief....phew
And what a day .... Received brp card on same day as well
HO di phurtiyannn lol
I wish and pray that u have a pleasant experience with ur peo appointment
Best Regards
Ali
RANA Bahi so good to know that the last few days have worked out the way we prayed for, Allah is great. I am very happy for you. I hope it woks the same way for many of our brothers and sisters who are in the same situation like us. Enjoy you life my brother and please remember us in your prayers, it's been great knowing you. You take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:32 pm

prem_singh123 wrote:Congratulations Shahjee1234
Prem Singh Bahi thanks a lot. I hope you guys get to hear the good news soon. Please keep us posted mate. My best wishes and prayers for all of you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shoji147

Post by shoji147 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
shoji147 wrote:Hi guys
I have applied on 26th feb 2014 and done biometrics on 11 march 2014
I m still waiting assell..hope i hear good news soon really worried...
Congrats to all friends who got approvals..hope i can be in thd same bracket...
What is the number i call to ask for a status update guys ...
Thanks
Hi shoji147,
Don't you worry your self, you are almost there, you will get to hear the good news soon INSHALLAH.
You can call Home Office on 03001232241, and than option 2, be ready with your Home Office reference number as they will ask you for that.
We have all been through this anxious wait and I know it is frustrating, but please don't as you are almost there. Keep us posted mate, I wish you all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Thanks shahjee for ur kind words...I have to go for my wife's FLR M and also my kids MN1 after this and have to get it done by october as my bro gets married in october...so wait is painful...Also I had a driving conviction in 2008 whic i disclosed in the application for ILR but just getting worried now mate,,,

Will keep you all posted.
Thanks
shoji147

process
Newly Registered

Post by process » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Congrats to all who got their ILR and best of luck to those waiting.

I recently got my ILR and now trying to get mn1 certificate for my child. I am worried that I will not get it in time as I need to travel in August so my question is can i get a PEO appointment within a week?

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:12 pm

khanzada123 wrote:Dear All Members.....congratulations those who got there ILR and enjoy the freedom.........
Khanzazada Bahi,
It is understandable you looking for any email as reference to your case worker, but I don't think you need one, your wife is clearly a pre July 2012 PBS dependant and if this is true that pre July 2012 dependants are not subject to Appendix FM but pare 8, section 284 and 287 of the immigration rules than she should get 2 years visa under the old rules. Rules are still quite confusing frankly.
Are you going to a PEO appointment ? Please keep us posted with the progress. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

ma575
Newly Registered

Post by ma575 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:30 pm

RANA-ALI wrote:

It also says:

Thanks bro and to every one for their best wishes and prayers ..keep bringing the good news Masha Allah
Bhai this is what exactly it says on the approval letter of my Mrs as well. I would say just be well prepare before hand . Take all relevant print out with u on PEO appointment
Bro even though before ILR our previous category was tier 1(G) but still we didn't spend all time on it, our case is almost similar . I think u should go with confidence , Insha Allah every thing should be fine.
I ll give a link which would help and give u better understanding ..
First thing first as ur approval letter says that ur mrs future application will be consider under 284 to 287 , according to 287.a.i.d if ur spouse has already spent 2 years as pbs dep , she is entitle to apply ILR , also in case worker guidance its clearly says that u can combine leave which obtain as relevant point base migrant https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf see page 34 and from part 8 immigration rule search 319AA which define the meaning of relevant point base migrant means , it includes tier 4
Hope this will clear ur doubts and i tried
to explain it as simple as possible way but still if there is any confusion ,ask question without any hesitation
Remember me in prayers , hope ur application get approved swiftly
All the best
regards

Excellent, RANA ALI. Your response has clarified all my concerns very well. This is very kind of you. God bless you. Have a good day.

Best wishes for the future.

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:52 pm

sksuk wrote:
HowILR wrote:Hi all,

Just been to croydon today for my mrs Successfully granted ILR as she got flr(m) on 12/05/2014 for 2.5 years incorrectly latter i have corrected to 2 years.

Straight forward case explained everything on cover letter so that case worker didn't asked anything but i asked case worker she applied before 06th April and he said doesn't matter 06th of april as long as she has granted pbs dependant 09/07/2014 and u got ilr based on 10 years and she has completed 2 years qualifying period so then she will be eligible for IlR.

We had appointment on 10 am submitted all docs around 10.30 and came back with Ilr around 12 o'clock even-though it was mad busy there.

If anyone need any help pls ask me as i got unlimited help from this forum. Everyone here is extra level genius...thx to all.

Thx to almighty allah no need visa anymore in life time.
Hi HowILR
Thank you for sharing great news. Congratulations! Just wondering if you could advise about my Mrs set(m) application as she is preparing to go Croydon with peo. She got 2.5 years visa in last month but we did not make any effort to correct it. Do you think HO could raise this issue?

Many thanks

This is the e-mail from ukvi regarding the correction might be help you but i have corrected before i receive this e-mail. So i would say e-mail them by calling HO customer services let them to send e-mail to the relevant team wait for this e-mail:
----------------------

Dear Sir

Further to your telephone enquiry on the above.

As per immigration rules if the main PBS migrant obtained ILR under long residency before 06/04/14, as long as the PBS dependant’s leave was granted before 09/07/12, the dependant can amalgamate the PBS dependant leave with the current spouse visa to apply for indefinite leave once 2 years is completed.

Therefore your wife can amalgamate her previous leave as PBS dependant along with the current leave as a spouse of settled person when applying for her indefinite leave.

Yours faithfully

UK Visas & Immigration

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) This email has been certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.