ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advise on £50K funds proof

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arifa Riaz
Newly Registered

Need Advise on £50K funds proof

Post by Arifa Riaz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi

I am applying Entrepreneur visa at the start of next month, For £50K investment i have £26K my own savings and remaining £24K my husband has transferred me in my bank account. my question is:

1) Do i need to show my payslips for last couple of years to prove my savings and also should i have to attached my husband bank statement as a prove of actual funds transferred? PLUS third party letter that my husband who is also secretary of my company has given me some funds for my business?

OR
i shouldn't provide with any proof of £50k investment and just send my bank statement showing £50K.

Please Advise me.

Many thanks

Arifa

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Need Advise on £50K funds proof

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:17 pm

as long as money(50k) in your personal account there is no such requirement to submit evidence of funding however if u will be called up for interview then they might ask for funding siurce.

chweee
Newly Registered

Post by chweee » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Wrong advice mate!
Source of funds is must now, there is few refusals in terms of source of funds.

Arifa Riaz: Keep all statement and mark it and keep a covering letter and passport copy of your husband and evidence that he is your partner.

Arifa Riaz
Newly Registered

Post by Arifa Riaz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks Darvesh :)

Much appreciated.

One more question, does it matter if bank statement is for less than month ? as there is nothing written specifically in guidelines.

Regards,

Arifa Riaz
Newly Registered

Post by Arifa Riaz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Confused now :( between two advises.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:28 pm

@chwee...she mentioned husband is not partner however a secretary so why she need to mention her husband in there as partner?

@ arifa....there is no such requirement of time before u can get statement however time requirement is for maintenance fund.
Last edited by Darvesh on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arifa Riaz
Newly Registered

Post by Arifa Riaz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:34 pm

currently i am on PSW visa and my husband is my dependent, i Don't think he can be my business partner. i am the only Director of my Company.

we both are employee of company. we started trading in April 2014 and have got around 8 to 10 permanent clients.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:37 pm

thats f9...as u the only director and have required funds in your personal account then it should be all fine.

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Arifa Riaz wrote:Hi

I am applying Entrepreneur visa at the start of next month, For £50K investment i have £26K my own savings and remaining £24K my husband has transferred me in my bank account. my question is:

1) Do i need to show my payslips for last couple of years to prove my savings and also should i have to attached my husband bank statement as a prove of actual funds transferred? PLUS third party letter that my husband who is also secretary of my company has given me some funds for my business?

OR
i shouldn't provide with any proof of £50k investment and just send my bank statement showing £50K.

Please Advise me.

Many thanks

Arifa

Hello Arifa,

You do not need to attached anything with your application. If you do means you are justifying your case. If they call for interview then you can mention all what other users suggested you. I am sure your husband is applying with you as a dependent, his passport will be attached any ways, So sis do not worry INSHALLAH all will be fine. BUT My advice to you before you apply seek some professional help.

BEST OF LUCK

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Arifa Riaz wrote:Confused now :( between two advises.
You don't have to show source of funds. I think its when the case worker doubts the applicants real intentions he starts nit picking. You have to make a case which shows that you are a genuinely intersected in starting a business.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:09 am

@ Arifa Riaz, you don't need to wait for caseworker to doubt your application before showing the source of funds, better be safe than regret later. Attach evidence of funds transfer from your husband account into your own account and you can ask him to give a written letter if possible as to reason for giving you funds and mode of repayment if any.

Everybody suggesting that you don't need to show source of funds are right as its not a requirement, but showing it also doesn't affect you getting your visa but it will help clarify any doubt from caseworker.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Rahul rai
Newly Registered

Post by Rahul rai » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi

I am also planning to put my Tier-1 Application in few days.

I have recently opened current Account with Barclays as I was not sure my existing bank which is TSB will provide me letter etc and have transferred 50k from my tsb bank account to my barclays bank account so I am going to provide UKBA my barclays bank statement showing 50k balance and which will also show that I have transferred recently 50k in last one or two weeks.

So is it fine or there will be problem as account is opened two weeks ago and 50k is transferred in last week time.

or Do I need to put cover letter or give my TSB bank statement to show transfer.

Please help.....

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:40 pm

Rahul rai wrote:Hi

I am also planning to put my Tier-1 Application in few days.

I have recently opened current Account with Barclays as I was not sure my existing bank which is TSB will provide me letter etc and have transferred 50k from my tsb bank account to my barclays bank account so I am going to provide UKBA my barclays bank statement showing 50k balance and which will also show that I have transferred recently 50k in last one or two weeks.

So is it fine or there will be problem as account is opened two weeks ago and 50k is transferred in last week time.

or Do I need to put cover letter or give my TSB bank statement to show transfer.

Please help.....
I would say include the TSB statement that shows transfer.

Rahul rai
Newly Registered

Post by Rahul rai » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi

Thanks for advise but the problem is got my 22k Saving in TSB but my friend has given me a cheque of 30k which I first deposited into my TSB account then transferred into Barclays so is it fine if they see this?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Rahul rai wrote:Hi

Thanks for advise but the problem is got my 22k Saving in TSB but my friend has given me a cheque of 30k which I first deposited into my TSB account then transferred into Barclays so is it fine if they see this?

@ Rahul rai, its better to show your Lloyds account statement and also explain why your friend gave you 30k. This will make it easier for the caseworker to know the source of your funds rather than making assumptions.

You should have just use your Lloyds account rather than opening a new acct to conceal the 30k cheque because they might eventually query the source of your funds and you will then need to present the Lloyds acct which you have initially try to avoid using.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Arifa Riaz
Newly Registered

Post by Arifa Riaz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions :)

Much appreciated.