ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naba

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by naba » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:38 pm

es2013 wrote:Hello forum members, good news is finally here. I just got my BRP card...yay.... Freedom. Thanks for all your support. I didn't use a solicitor just followed most of your advice. Thank you beautiful people, May God bless you all. We shall keep encouraging everybody. Thanks x
Congratulations! Enjoy a stress free life :)

kezza84
Newly Registered

Post by kezza84 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Congrats everyone who's had victory and hang in there those pending..

Have anyone had to submit 2 BRP's? My application is very old it was submitted in Oct 2010 declined Feb 2011 and resubmitted for reconsideration a short while later. As previously posted I came to the UK as a minor so this year makes it half my life here totaling 15 yrs I have 2 British kids one registered disabled.. I received a one stop warning Feb this year so that makes it 3 years waiting I was then asked for further Docs in March and I have now been asked to submit another BRP.. Is this a positive thing?

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:58 am

Milkman wrote:Hello guys I am new to this forum and would like your advice. I am a 20 years old male and in 12 months time i will have spent half my life here. My question is what are my chances if i wait 12 months and apply? The immigrant life is very hard and if the chances are low i think i will go back to my country.

So please honestly tell me whats the best thing to do? How strong/weak will my case be?

I'd be deeply grateful for any advice you guys give.
@Milkman
Welcome to the forum. You will need to give the forum member more details than you have now in order for people to give you ideas and suggestions.
What is your current status is the most important? Do you have an application pending? What other applications have you made in the past. With such informations provided then forumers will responds to some of your questions. Good luck

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:01 am

[quote="kezza84"]Congrats everyone who's had victory and hang in there those pending..

Have anyone had to submit 2 BRP's? My application is very old it was submitted in Oct 2010 declined Feb 2011 and resubmitted for reconsideration a short while later. As previously posted I came to the UK as a minor so this year makes it half my life here totaling 15 yrs I have 2 British kids one registered disabled.. I received a one stop warning Feb this year so that makes it 3 years waiting I was then asked for further Docs in March and I have now been asked to submit another BRP.. Is this a positive thing?[/quot@
@kezza
I have never had such request, but I believe this is to have a updated information about you. This had no bearing on whether you will be granted or not. I prayer you will be granted. Good luck

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:16 am

Al Haqq wrote:
kezza84 wrote:Congrats everyone who's had victory and hang in there those pending..

Have anyone had to submit 2 BRP's? My application is very old it was submitted in Oct 2010 declined Feb 2011 and resubmitted for reconsideration a short while later. As previously posted I came to the UK as a minor so this year makes it half my life here totaling 15 yrs I have 2 British kids one registered disabled.. I received a one stop warning Feb this year so that makes it 3 years waiting I was then asked for further Docs in March and I have now been asked to submit another BRP.. Is this a positive thing?[/quot@
@kezza
I have never had such request, but I believe this is to have a updated information about you. This had no bearing on whether you will be granted or not. I prayer you will be granted. Good luck
I have now been asked to submit another BRP

BRP means Biometric Residence Permit.

I think u meant to say Biometric enrollment
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:24 am

@Kezza
Sorry mate, clueless :D
Zee ali wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:
kezza84 wrote:Congrats everyone who's had victory and hang in there those pending..

@kezza
I have now been asked to submit another BRP

BRP means Biometric Residence Permit.

I think u meant to say Biometric enrollment

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:38 am

Hello all,Good to know you are all in good health and as you are all waiting for the freedom day you shall not wait in vain.AMEN.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:46 am

Congratulations to @es2013 on your Freedom am really happy for u and your family.Go out and celebrate.

Also Another well deserved freedom@ Al Haqq just hang in its on is way.

Congrats to Zico 10 and Ikeron freedom at last.Enjoy ur Summer Prezzie.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:48 am

Welcome on board to the newcomers African hunter and milkman.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:56 am

Have anyone had to submit 2 BRP's? My application is very old it was submitted in Oct 2010 declined Feb 2011 and resubmitted for reconsideration a short while later. As previously posted I came to the UK as a minor so this year makes it half my life here totaling 15 yrs I have 2 British kids one registered disabled.. I received a one stop warning Feb this year so that makes it 3 years waiting I was then asked for further Docs in March and I have now been asked to submit another BRP.. Is this a positive thing?
I believed your freedom is just around the corner,it doesn't matter they could ask for it again and again.We had similar case which I had said before but I was granted In April.Yours is close to your nose just that you can't smell it.My reconsideration was also outstanding for 3years before the final Freedom day arrived,also had British child too.Continue holding the family together,will join you to celebrate soon.Good luck babe.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:02 am

Collins123 wrote:
es2013 wrote:
Collins123 wrote:Hello every one, please share with me your incredible experiences as I am new to this forum.
I applied on form FLR(FP)as a father of a child settled in the UK. My marriage broke down after living with my then wife for two years of probation period. I couldn't turn my Spouse visa in ILR. So I applied in this type of catagory. My current visa expires 28/06/2014. 

Application received 05/06/2014
Money taken out 06/06/2014
Bio letter and ECHR 13/06/2014
Bio Done 13/06/2014
Waiting for the out come as usual. 

Following other people's experience am following so far on here, I would say success depends on the person handling your application. With Luck on our side, we will get a positive outcome in God's Name. 
To throw some light in my case,
I arrived in the UK 2years ago. Am still legal till 28/06/2014. Marriage broke down in April/2014 after end of two years. My baby mama refused to sign my ILR application when time was due but we still stayed together and I pay child support and welfare every month between £300-400 through my Exs A/c and also I pay some utility bills. I have proof of address since I arrived in the UK.
my baby holds a Ugandan passport with ILR and the her mum as well. (They don't hold British passports). Here I am now fighting for my freedom and my daughter's freedom.
My Ex gave me access right to the child letter, after along battle between me and her through mediation.
She refused to give me my daughter's passport and birth certificate, however, I managed to get one from the town hall.
So I have explained everything in the cover letter but included my daughters passport photocopy with a copy of ILR.
I have also traffic offences (insurance & Speeding; paid court) fines) which I guess may limit my chances. I declared the convictions.
I do have aJob as a full time carer and pay taxes. Included recommendations from work n that sort of staff. Attached registration leters from my Gp for me and my baby. (My daughter is making 4 in November) Am remaining positive but extremely very nervous. I read people's stories here to encourage myself and to pave away forward in case the worst is to come. However, I remain positive that my relative "LUCK is on my side.
Please, feel free every one to share and throw more advise according to your experiences especially regarding convictions. Am worried tho positive. I didn't use any lawyer.

I wish you and everyone Luck who's going through immigration troubles. One day we will finally settle.

God bless you all and thanks for sharing. 

Joe
Hi there, Welcome to the forum its full of good stuff and hope for the best. Every case on here is unique and HO decides cases on their own merit. Am also Ugandan. Good luck
Hi es2013, Lovely meeting you here. Have read about your experience in the past. Basing on that, I will remain positive and wait for the outcome. I won't give up tho. Thanks alot
@ Collin you are welcome,hang in there and remain positive.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:08 am

Kukuwife wrote:
nilemarques wrote:Greetings one and all. Hope I find you in good health and making the most of the sunny weather!!

Just a little note to update you on my application. I did manage to put in an app for oral renewal and I have been given a date for August.

Stay blessed!
The Lord is your strength. You got a date that is close please try as much as possible to prepare. You shall be victorious
@Nilemarques God is your refuge,you and your household are under his cover.You will definitely be granted.Victories are yours and your household.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:14 am

imensh wrote:Hi lovely people, I would like to share my timeline:

Applied under FLR(FP) based on British husband and child. Came as a visitor now an overstayer.

Application sent: 05/06/2014
Received by HO: 06/06/2014
Fees taken: 09/06/2014
Acknowledgment letter: 12/06/2014 dated 09/06/2014
Biometrics and ECHR letters: 13/06/2014 dated 11/06/2014
Biometrics done: 13/06/2014
Decision: waiting........

Wish the best of luck to all people waiting and hopefully we will all get a positive outcome and finally freedom.
You are welcome,wishing you best of luck babe.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:20 am

rina wrote:Wow cant believe how quick they have responded as less than a week... Just got a date for my oral hearing in 3months.
God will be there before you,he will still be there with you from the start to finish.He is able God.you will triumph.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:45 am

@ Old members Believe,Keisha,Shondra,Kukuwife,Nilequiles,Rina,Dapsonlee ,Elastep ,Naba,Godgives,Winners no time is too last this is our year of Freedom,we will all be free.Pardon me if I omitted your name but the good Lord never forgets anyone.

@Helpme God will help you.@Clee Congrats.

silverbird
Newly Registered

Post by silverbird » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Hello,

I applied for Discretionary Leave to remain, in May 2012 (based on article 8; I am married to a British citizen and have a child) I got refused December 2013 as home office didn't see our marriage certificate. I applied 4 days before the new rules on 9 July 2012.

I have appealed the case and will be going to court very soon.

However I am worried as the new rules in 9 July 2012 states you can't apply for Discretionary Leave based on Article 8, Family and Private life.

1. Will the new rules after 9 July 2012 be used to determine my case as my case is article 8 Discretionary Leave?
I mean could they appeal be refused because they have cancelled discretionary leave based on article 8 family and private life?

2. Homeoffice said you can only apply for discretionary leave if you aren't eligible for any other application. In my case i can use FLR(M) but i dont have £18600 income so i am guessing I am not eligible to apply for FLR(M) is that enough reason to apply for discretionary leave?

3. Since I applied before the 9 July 2012 rules change, will my application still be decided based on the rules before 9 July 2012 (that is 6 years on discretionary Leave before i apply for ILR) ?

4. Will any housing benefit claim affect my appeal in court as my british spouse had to claim because t's been over 2 years since home office made me leave my job, will any housing benefit affect the court appeal?

I would be glad if someone replies me.
Thank you

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Spring 2014 wrote:Congratulations to @es2013 on your Freedom am really happy for u and your family.Go out and celebrate.

Thank you Spring, how are you doing? Hope you are enjoying too x
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

ravian3
Newly Registered

Post by ravian3 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi,

My appeal was allowed on 17th feb 2014, Home office applied to appeal against the decision and the appeal was turned down by the tribunal in mid march, On tuesday the 17th June 2014 I received biometric enrollment letter from home office and went in on wednesday to the post office and got it done.

Now my question is What is approval letter? does this biometics letter means approval letter if so how long more before I get the brp and the passport, it also says they are still considering, is there anything left to consider since the decision came from the tribunal and they do not have right to appeal against the decision.

My appeal was allowed on the basis of article 8 of ECHR.

Thanks

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 am

ravian3 wrote:Hi,

My appeal was allowed on 17th feb 2014, Home office applied to appeal against the decision and the appeal was turned down by the tribunal in mid march, On tuesday the 17th June 2014 I received biometric enrollment letter from home office and went in on wednesday to the post office and got it done.

Now my question is What is approval letter? does this biometics letter means approval letter if so how long more before I get the brp and the passport, it also says they are still considering, is there anything left to consider since the decision came from the tribunal and they do not have right to appeal against the decision.

My appeal was allowed on the basis of article 8 of ECHR.

Thanks
@ravian
There is nothing else for the HO to appeal against but they MAY delay sending you your documents. They will send it eventually.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 am

Thanks
Spring 2014 wrote:Congratulations to @es2013 on your Freedom am really happy for u and your family.Go out and celebrate.

convenantkeepingGod

Post by convenantkeepingGod » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:17 pm

I am free
Praise the Lord, I'm free
No longer bound
No more chains holding me
Soul is resting
And it’s just another blessing
Praise… the Lord
Hallelujah, I'm free

My lawyer just emailed to advise that I been granted. :D .

He is a miracle working God , He is a miracle working God .

Thank you all and remain blessed. Don't forget DONT LIMIT GOD IN YOUR MIND BECAUSE OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES JUST TRUST HIM.

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:40 pm

convenantkeepingGod wrote:I am free
No longer bound
Soul is resting
Praise… the Lord
Hallelujah, I'm free

congratulations, enjoy your freedom. nice to hear all the good news

Thank you all and remain blessed. Don't forget DONT LIMIT GOD IN YOUR MIND BECAUSE OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES JUST TRUST HIM.
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:17 pm

No longer bound
Soul is resting
Praise… the Lord
Hallelujah, I'm free

Congratulations

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:26 pm

@ covenantkeepindGod
God is wonderful. Congratulations and enjoy your freedom.

God's time
Newly Registered

Post by God's time » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:17 pm

No longer bound
Soul is resting
Praise… the Lord
Hallelujah, I'm free

Congrats to you and your family. Enjoy your freedom.