ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA REQUIREMENTS - A TO Z

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

i.need.help
Member of Standing

SPOUSE VISA REQUIREMENTS - A TO Z

Post by i.need.help » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:49 am

Hi Amber,

I am a British born citizen and I recently got married to my wife who lives in Pakistan. Please can you give me A to Z guidance on how I can bring her over to the UK to live with me?

I am in receipt of both higher rate components of DLA and ESA Support Group benefits.

DLA = £138.05 per week = £552.20 per month

ESA = £247.70 every two weeks = £494.80 per month

£552.20 + £494.80 = £1,047 total.

I live with my parents so accommodation won't be a problem as there's plenty of space in the house.

I know I am except from financial requirements but do I need to show any personal savings in my bank account?

How many months bank statements do I need to provide as evidence?

Which forms do I need to fill in to apply for a spouse visa?

Can I apply online?

Which documents do I need to provide as evidence with the visa application?

What does my wife in Pakistan need to do? Which english test does she need to take?

Does she also need to apply?

How will she get called for the visa interview if I am applying from the UK?

What's the complete process please.

Thanks in advance.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Re: SPOUSE VISA REQUIREMENTS - A TO Z

Post by i.need.help » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Can someone advise please.

Also can any Moderator please edit out the amounts I have posted. I am unable to edit the post myself.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Doesn't seem any problems re: adequate maintenance. A1 English required. Application information here (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Amber_ wrote:Doesn't seem any problems re: adequate maintenance. A1 English required. Application information here (click).
Thanks, but who should fill all these forms? Husband or wife?

And do I need to provide any bank statements? I didn't see any information about this?

Am I required to show any savings?
TIMELINE

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Specified evidence is listed in Chapter 8 section FM 1.7A (click). Which will state:
(f) To evidence UK Maternity Allowance, Bereavement Allowance,
Bereavement Payment and Widowed Parent's Allowance (or any UK
welfare benefit or tax credit relied upon::

(i) Department for Work and Pensions (or HMRC) documentation
confirming the person or their partner is or was in receipt of the
benefit in the 12-month period prior to the date of application.

(ii) personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the
date of application showing the income was paid into the person's
account
Savings are not a requirement.

Details of how to apply for Pakistan can be found here (click).
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Amber_ wrote:Specified evidence is listed in Chapter 8 section FM 1.7A (click). Which will state:
(f) To evidence UK Maternity Allowance, Bereavement Allowance,
Bereavement Payment and Widowed Parent's Allowance (or any UK
welfare benefit or tax credit relied upon::

(i) Department for Work and Pensions (or HMRC) documentation
confirming the person or their partner is or was in receipt of the
benefit in the 12-month period prior to the date of application.

(ii) personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the
account
Savings are not a requirement.

Details of how to apply for Pakistan can be found here (click).
So I need to provide 12 months bank statements? I read somewhere only 1 statement is required to show proof that benefits are going into my account. Please confirm.

I have the Entitlement for DLA letter from the Department for Work and Pensions, will that be enough? But it doesn't say how many years I've been getting it. Please advise.

Also, do I or should I need to show my entitlement to ESA?

Thanks.
TIMELINE

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:47 pm

Yes 1 month's statement ought to suffice as per Appendix FM-SE:
12 wrote:Where a person is in receipt of Carer's Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Severe
Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, Attendance Allowance or
Personal Independence Payment or Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed
Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or Constant Attendance
Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme,
all the following must be provided:
(a) Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions or Veterans
Agency confirming the entitlement and the amount received.
(b) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of
application showing payment of the benefit or allowance into the person's account.
You should provide evidence for both DLA and ESA.

Do click the links.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Amber_ wrote:Yes 1 month's statement ought to suffice as per Appendix FM-SE:
12 wrote:Where a person is in receipt of Carer's Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Severe
Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, Attendance Allowance or
Personal Independence Payment or Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed
Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or Constant Attendance
Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme,
all the following must be provided:
(a) Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions or Veterans
Agency confirming the entitlement and the amount received.
(b) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of
application showing payment of the benefit or allowance into the person's account.
You should provide evidence for both DLA and ESA.

Do click the links.
Thanks for confirming, but why does the information you have quoted in the above two posts contradict each other? One says:
personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the
account
The other says:
At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of
So if I provide at least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of
application showing payment of the benefit or allowance into the person's account. This will be perfectly acceptable? Please confirm.

Can I apply for my spouse's visa before she passes her English Language Test or should I apply after she has passed and received her English Language Certificate/document.

Since I am in receipt of the mentioned benefits, is she still required to do the English Language Test? Please advise.

Thanks!
TIMELINE

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Appendix FM-SE States one one the last 12 months I think the other may be badly worded. A1 must be satisfied and before applying.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Amber_ wrote:Appendix FM-SE States one one the last 12 months I think the other may be badly worded. A1 must be satisfied and before applying.
Thanks.

Once my spouse has been granted her UK Visa, how soon must she travel to the UK? And how long will the Visa be valid for?

Will she be allowed to visit Pakistan anytime during her stay in the UK after entering the UK for the 1st time? For example, can she go back to visit her family after 6 months? 1 year?

And how many years will she be required to wait before she can apply for British Citizenship?

Thanks!
TIMELINE

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Assuming you're British, as soon as she has been granted ILR (5 years) she can naturalise as British.

She should travel to the UK within 3 months and 28 days to avoid another extension. She may travel but should keep absences limited and for good reason.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:17 pm

My wife passed with an overall score of 4.5, which means that she meets the minimal English requirement.

Do I need to provide any proof of accommodation, such as a solicitors letter with the spouse visa application?

I will be living in my parents home with my wife.

And how much is the spouse visa application fee?

Do I need to provide any proof of communication with my wife, such as calling cards, viber calls, etc? We talk on viber or by using calling cards. This means I don't have any itemised billing showing calls I have made to my wife on my phone bill as it is very expensive to call direct. Plus using viber is Free.
TIMELINE