ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paren'ts Dare of Birth - Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dilip_gem

Paren'ts Dare of Birth - Naturalisation Application

Post by dilip_gem » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi there,

I'm in a peculiar situation. I'm not sure how relavant it is to fill parent's date of birth in naturalisation application. Because I'm not sure about my parent's date of birth. I just remember their Year of birth. Sorry but coming from a differnt culture, at least for my parents we never celebrated Birth days in our family as per the modern calendar (we still used to follow Hindu Calendar for such celebrations)..So we never bothered about these dates.

Well..I got my ILR in the begining of 2014 and my naturalisation is due in 2015. My father passed away when I 10 yrs old and my mum died 2 years ago after suffering from alziemer's decease. We do not have any documents to prove their date of birth as they were born before Indian Independance & whatever degree certificates etc we had, were lost when we shifted our house around a decade ago.

I never came across a situation where I required my parent's DOB. The only time I needed it was for my Tier1 application. When I filled my initial Tier-1 application, I asked my brother for my parent's date of birth, He told me certain day&month and I filled the form accordingly. I forgot to keep a copy of that application form, so I do not remember what dates that I filled on that form.
Couple of days ago, I asked my brother for the dates again (for naturalisation application), and he said that he doesn't remember the exact date&month ! Obviously it's my fault that I did not keep a copy of that form, also cared very little about remembering these dates.

Could someone please advice me what should I do now? Is there a way to retrieve my Tier-1 initial application form? If so, is it very complicated process & roughly how long does it take to get the details?

Any suggestions/assistance highly appreciated.

Regards,
Gem

SouthWest1

Re: Paren'ts Dare of Birth - Naturalisation Application

Post by SouthWest1 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:54 pm

just put 01/01/1900 and deceased.
in page 15 "FURTHER INFORMATION NOT COVERED IN OTHER SECTIONS" just mention that both are deceased and you do not know their DOB.

It should not make any difference to the application as far as I am aware ( unless one of them was British).