ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from India to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikas_2603

Spouse visa from India to the UK

Post by vikas_2603 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi friends

I am a British citizen and I am getting married on May 1st this year. My would be wife is an Indian citizen and never travelled out of India. I am planning to come back with her on 31st May.

My circumstances -
Acquired British citizenship in September 2013
Work as a freelance consultant since October 2012 under my own registered company
I meet the financial requirement of £18000 in the form of wages (£7500) and dividend (£32k)

Please guide me in terms of applying for her visa, time period it is expected to take and any preparation work I can do already. I am planning to leave for India for marriage on 15th April.

Regards
Vikas

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa from India to the UK

Post by MPH80 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:20 pm

I think all the info you need is here:

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

Make sure you read the documentation requirements very carefully - it is not an optional system - it's a checkbox - miss a document and fail.

You should particularly focus on your financial documents: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... I6.doc.pdf

And you can check the processing times here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ableAnchor

Looking at Chennai as an example - only 46% of settlement visas were processed in 40 days or under - so I think your timeframe of 30 days to submit and return with your wife is ambitious.

vikas_2603

Post by vikas_2603 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks for your response and the links provided. Its indeed very helpful.
Much appreciated.

My wife went for TB screening and they asked for some further tests to be conducted (based on a spot found in the x-ray) which apparently takes about 2 months to get the results. we are thinking of getting her checked and treated by a general physician and take the TB screening again instead of going for further tests (purely because it would take 2 months in the process.

Is it the right approach. If yes, is there a time gap required between 2 TB screenings?

Additionally, it would be helpful if you can provide an example cover letter for applying the visa.

Thanks
Vikas

vikas_2603

Post by vikas_2603 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:08 am

Hi All

We applied for family visit visa for my wife on 21st May 2014 at VFS office in New Delhi, India. She was then called for an interview at British High Commission in New Delhi on 5th June. The decision was made on 12th June - They refused her visa application on the following grounds -

1. No evidence provided for any communication happened between us prior to the marriage
2. No good reason to apply for visitor visa and not dependent visa - As she is dependent on me, she does not have sufficiently strong ties with India to suggest her return after 6 months.

Please let me know the way forward... Should we apply for Dependent visa or make another attempt for family visit visa?

Regards
Vikas

vikas_2603

Post by vikas_2603 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:40 am

Any help please?

Also, I was not sure how to prove her English language proficiency. I picked up the point based calculator for tier 1 and calculated her points only for English language as I did not find anything for settlement/ dependent visa.

Can you please confirm if this is the right approach?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:01 am

Why did you apply for a family visitor visa and not a spouse visa for your wife?

English level A1 required for spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vikas_2603

Post by vikas_2603 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:30 am

I replied for family visitor visa initially as we expected it to come through quick and after 6 months we would've applied for dependent visa.
Does she need to give any test for A1 level english proficiency or PBC should be enough?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:38 am

vikas_2603 wrote:I replied for family visitor visa initially as we expected it to come through quick and after 6 months we would've applied for dependent visa.
Does she need to give any test for A1 level english proficiency or PBC should be enough?
You do know that it's not possible to switch visas from visit visa in-country, she'd have to return home and apply from India.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vikas_2603

Post by vikas_2603 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Yes I do know that she will have to apply for dependent visa from india. Any inputs on English proficiency please?
Also, do we need to submit form SU07 as well?