ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the processing times for the DL form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

odat
Jordan

Re: what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by odat » Wed May 28, 2014 9:11 pm

ArtMag wrote:Hi guys

Thank you for your posts. I am in a similar situation like yours. My DLR expired at the end of September 2013. I made an application in time and I have been waiting since then, 8 months now. In that time I have called them several times, they used to tell me to wait till 6 months and after that time, they were pretty dismissive saying that, just wait.... one person even asked me why I was fussing because I still had the same status as DLR.
I have since found out that Active Review cases are dealt with in Priority using 6 categories....I unfortunately fall in the 6th category.
where do you guys fall?

Active review cases will be dealt with in priority order:
 Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children.
 Supported Cases.
 Judicial Review.
 Former Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children.
 High Harm Cases.
 Easier to remove cases.
 Chronological order[/color][/color]
I don't know which categories
how we find out which categories our ?

DLR-Londoner

Post by DLR-Londoner » Wed May 28, 2014 10:59 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words & advice, africangirl, I should probably try to ring & chase them up myself now. I am thinking of sending them a complaint letter, as well. My solicitor has ensured me very firmly that if there's no change of reason since originally granted + no criminal record, you'll more than 95% get it, but just the stupid wait that UKVI made us into this limbo again and again...it is very unacceptable. Plus this wait will not be deducted when we finally apply for ILR; it has to 3 years DLR + 3 years DLR not count waiting time...horrible

africangirl wrote:Hi

I feel sorry for you that its been since last year. I think you have to call them after every 2 weeks reminding them , don't let your lawyer chase them up I believe if you do it in person you will be able to know whats happening.

I called them last week and they told me to call next week of which i am going to do since by then it will be 6months.

I hope soon we will all get results but its frustrating waiting just for extension and its always good to have your form of ID back.

DLR-Londoner

Post by DLR-Londoner » Wed May 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Hi ArtMag - you're the same as mine! I also made a FOI request to UKBA in Oct/Nov 2013 & was told that during the month of our app submission (Sept 2013), there were 117 Applications of which 11 have had a decision. The 11 app were probably other categories like easier to remove, etc...Look at the ratio...11 applications/2 months...they've probably made decision around only 40 applications till now...not even half way through...sigh

Odat -They (UKVI) should probably be able to tell us if we ask them...mine is probably lowest priority, too...Chronological order :cry:

odat wrote:
ArtMag wrote:Hi guys

Thank you for your posts. I am in a similar situation like yours. My DLR expired at the end of September 2013. I made an application in time and I have been waiting since then, 8 months now. In that time I have called them several times, they used to tell me to wait till 6 months and after that time, they were pretty dismissive saying that, just wait.... one person even asked me why I was fussing because I still had the same status as DLR.
I have since found out that Active Review cases are dealt with in Priority using 6 categories....I unfortunately fall in the 6th category.
where do you guys fall?

Active review cases will be dealt with in priority order:
 Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children.
 Supported Cases.
 Judicial Review.
 Former Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children.
 High Harm Cases.
 Easier to remove cases.
 Chronological order[/color][/color]
I don't know which categories
how we find out which categories our ?

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Thu May 29, 2014 9:37 am

Odat
Just look through the list and see where your application might fall

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Thu May 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi guys

it seems to me that the HO is just trying to kill people by playing the waiting game as i said before i know a guy is been waiting for a really long time more then any one here (i dont want to say how long he is been waiting for because i don`t want to upset any one) last time he called them they said your case still process hopefully as afircangirl said we just have to call them every week or 2 weeks until they have had enough and sort us out because this people are quite ignorant and need to be bushed.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri May 30, 2014 10:57 am

I have phoned them today and they said the same still process but they ask me to phone Liverpool on number 01512134276 I tried call the number but no one answer

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:34 pm

I tried phoned the number again and they told me the same still process and I need to continue wait

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi

I called that number in liverpool and the girl who answered me was so rude just giving me NO OR Yes answers. She told me that all we need to do is just wait and that there is no timeline for waiting because they were told all they have to tell us is wait.

I then called UKBA in Croydon and i was told the same answer again that i should wait my application still in progress and they can't tell me when it will done.

I am tired of calling them i think all i have to do is wait and pray to God that one day my papers will come......

Now i am so depressed

nowwearefree
Newly Registered

Post by nowwearefree » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Wow!

I am about to endure the same stress and headache too. Granted DLR article 8 family and medical based on my kid.HO refuse to acknowledge the Article 3 :) Was granted by a tribunal judge after HO threw everything at us, boy were they pissed but the judge ripped them to shreds and my lawyer was brilliant. Sadly its that time again when the battle commences yet again. DLR expires in 9 weeks

Just curious did u guys pay a fee to extend your DLR, getting conflicting stories, HO DL guide say its free but other sources claim that you pay a fee.

Appreciate the advice.

thnx

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:46 pm

nowwearefree wrote:Wow!

I am about to endure the same stress and headache too. Granted DLR article 8 family and medical based on my kid.HO refuse to acknowledge the Article 3 :) Was granted by a tribunal judge after HO threw everything at us, boy were they pissed but the judge ripped them to shreds and my lawyer was brilliant. Sadly its that time again when the battle commences yet again. DLR expires in 9 weeks

Just curious did u guys pay a fee to extend your DLR, getting conflicting stories, HO DL guide say its free but other sources claim that you pay a fee.

Appreciate the advice.

thnx
there is 2 application form for DLR
DL FORM IS FEE FREE people who refuse asylum but Granted DLR
and FLR O FOR people non asylum fee is £600

I think if you are on article 8 that mean you are on fee free form DL but I believe you can use FLR O FORM TO and some people saying is flr o is quicker then DL

nowwearefree
Newly Registered

Post by nowwearefree » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Thank you :)
seems i fall under the 600 quid fee, better start saving up.

regards

DLR-Londoner

Post by DLR-Londoner » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi nwwearefree, sorry to butt in.

Your case is similar as mine Art.8, we submitted app. for extension in Sept 2013.
I agree with odat, similar to what my solicitor told me.

Basically, HO suggested we should use HP/DL form = free, because of initial "asylum" claim, but disadvantage is the "wait"...forever - like mine now :cry: , for just this stupid extension, I heard somebody waited for nearly 2 years to receive the decision back.

On the other hand, you can use FLR(O) form, disadvantage is the fee - a ripe off £600, but the "wait" is shorter. My solicitor said if you decided to go for this route you're likely to get the decision back whithin a year. Of course, the UKVI would normally let you get away with this route as it gets the money, despite they suggested to use HP/DL.

I think now the decision is up to you. Sadly I chose HP/DL. I now greatly regret!

nowwearefree wrote:Thank you :)
seems i fall under the 600 quid fee, better start saving up.

regards

Mimi21
Newly Registered

Post by Mimi21 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:37 am

Thought i just add something i think for purposes of ensuring that your application is not sent back as invalid i would suggest stick to DL form if your conditions say so. FLR (O) a good idea to get a quick response but once charged i dont think you get your money back even if the application is invalid it happened to me before.

"Discreationary leave (DL) where the application has previously been granted a period of DL BUT has not PREVIOUSLY BEEN REFUSED ASYLUM or granted less than four years Exceptional Leave" this is on the form

If you have been refused asylum and got DL stick to DL form if your application was not for Asylum but got DL then you can use FLR(O) if granted on article 8 i guess it would be ok to use FLR(O).

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Mimi21 wrote:Thought i just add something i think for purposes of ensuring that your application is not sent back as invalid i would suggest stick to DL form if your conditions say so. FLR (O) a good idea to get a quick response but once charged i dont think you get your money back even if the application is invalid it happened to me before.

"Discreationary leave (DL) where the application has previously been granted a period of DL BUT has not PREVIOUSLY BEEN REFUSED ASYLUM or granted less than four years Exceptional Leave" this is on the form

If you have been refused asylum and got DL stick to DL form if your application was not for Asylum but got DL then you can use FLR(O) if granted on article 8 i guess it would be ok to use FLR(O).
have you tried before FLR O and you get application invalid ?

DLR-Londoner

Post by DLR-Londoner » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:58 pm

That's very interesting info, Mimi21...typical HO...so inconsistent! Maybe best is making a quick phone call to their helpline and asking for the advice...plus don't forget to take the name of person who give the advice. So if there is any issue later on, then you can make a complaint and refer back to the inital adviser.

Mimi21 wrote:Thought i just add something i think for purposes of ensuring that your application is not sent back as invalid i would suggest stick to DL form if your conditions say so. FLR (O) a good idea to get a quick response but once charged i dont think you get your money back even if the application is invalid it happened to me before.

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:43 am

Hi Guys

I compiletly agree with mimi21 i called the HO my self 5 month ago and they told me the same if you been refused asylum and granted DL so you Use DL form you can try and send FLR(o) but im not sure if they will accept it or not and with FLR(o) you need to submit a lot of avidance to suppert your application and ofcourse £600.

Thanks

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:33 pm

MY MP received responding from the home office and he pass me the letter
they said its take 12 month

Mimi21
Newly Registered

Post by Mimi21 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Thank you for the update
That is a very long time and if there are children involved there has to be a way to push this through and make it quicker
odat wrote:MY MP received responding from the home office and he pass me the letter

DLR-Londoner

Post by DLR-Londoner » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Many thanks, odat! for sharing this to us, very resourceful!

hoeeee...more wait... sigh sigh... :cry:

Sorry to trouble you this,if you don't mind, how did you ask your MP to get the useful letter like this from HO?

Or if you write to him, I would be really deeply grateful if you could share the letter of how you wrote to your MP, if it's ok with you, you can black out your personal like this...I think I now have to contact my MP as well but not sure what best to tell him... :cry:

odat wrote:MY MP received responding from the home office and he pass me the letter

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:41 pm

DLR-Londoner wrote:Many thanks, odat! for sharing this to us, very resourceful!

hoeeee...more wait... sigh sigh... :cry:

Sorry to trouble you this,if you don't mind, how did you ask your MP to get the useful letter like this from HO?

Or if you write to him, I would be really deeply grateful if you could share the letter of how you wrote to your MP, if it's ok with you, you can black out your personal like this...I think I now have to contact my MP as well but not sure what best to tell him... :cry:

I just send him email and told him the story so he send letter to the home office on behalf of me and I did singe permission form‏ for him to tale to the home office on behalf of me

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:05 am

thank you for this letter its good to know that they have a backlog and at least according to their word they are trying to resolve the issue.

Odat did you just sent the MP an email first or you spoke to his people at their offices first. How did you get your MP email address i want to do the same thing so that at least i wil have a letter to back up my story if my employers start asking questions.

the waitig game carries on i am so tired of waiting.......

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:12 am

africangirl wrote:thank you for this letter its good to know that they have a backlog and at least according to their word they are trying to resolve the issue.

Odat did you just sent the MP an email first or you spoke to his people at their offices first. How did you get your MP email address i want to do the same thing so that at least i wil have a letter to back up my story if my employers start asking questions.

the waitig game carries on i am so tired of waiting.......
first I search who is my mp on site http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
just type your postcode and tell you who is your mp and then go to your mp website and contact us
that all I haven't speak to anyone on the phone or visit any one if your mp is good he/she will do the best

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks for sharing with us ODAT hopefully you will get answer from them soon.

baloobear
Newly Registered

Post by baloobear » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:18 pm

I applied 16 November 2013

leave expired 28 November 2013

I received my letter of confirmation on 24 November 2013

I was sent documents requesting further information, which they had this was things like birth certificate residence permit e.t.c this was on 16 May 2014

I have been calling every other week and still receive same response "application is still getting processed you will have to wait.

I am 20 yo Uni student, I am looking for summer work and lot of employers keep turning me away as they say it is too risky to train you and then the Home Office decline your application. I just want this sorted as my life feels stuck until this is sorted

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:36 pm

baloobear wrote:I applied 16 November 2013

leave expired 28 November 2013

I received my letter of confirmation on 24 November 2013

I was sent documents requesting further information, which they had this was things like birth certificate residence permit e.t.c this was on 16 May 2014

I have been calling every other week and still receive same response "application is still getting processed you will have to wait.

I am 20 yo Uni student, I am looking for summer work and lot of employers keep turning me away as they say it is too risky to train you and then the Home Office decline your application. I just want this sorted as my life feels stuck until this is sorted
HO said within 12 month I believe you will get your by october