ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

::: Expert Advice - Housing Benefit (2014-15) & ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jack_Max
Newly Registered

::: Expert Advice - Housing Benefit (2014-15) & ILR

Post by Jack_Max » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Firstly, i appologize for not being able to write in a good formate like a proper article. Therefore, I beg your patience to read the followings:
this is a sunny warm afternoon in June 2014. I will apply for ILR in February 2015. please consider our conditions below.
-I am 26 years old, do work part-time and earn £656.24 gross monthly and a Bangladeshi citizen possessing UK spouce visa.
-My wife is 24 year, a british citizen, currently unemployed, and she DOES NOT get any other allowance like job seeker etc.
- we dont get any other allowance jointly as well like tax credit etc.
- we dont have kids.
-no savings

However, Local housing Association allowance in my area is: £245 per week (for couple - 1 bedroom house/flat) and £96 per week (single person - for shared accommodation rate).

I would like to add that, we live with parents currently, and we are planning to move in a 1 bedroom flat where the rent will be around £1200 per month.

In fact, if my wife applies as a single applicant she will get maximum (may be less than) £96 per week. In other case, if she applies as a couple being my wife she will get maximum (may be less than) £245 per week.

In these circumstances stated above....My question is:
If she apply housing benefit for a couple (me and her) to live in a 1 bedroom house to get LHA rate for couple (£245 per week here) - WILL IT AFFECT MY ILR APPLICATION as I am not eligible to get access to public funds?

I would be glad if you reply me as soon as possible.
Thank you ver much
Jack

gaboon_viper

Re: ::: Expert Advice - Housing Benefit (2014-15) & ILR

Post by gaboon_viper » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am

Answer in ur question. You are not entilted. Thx
Always here to help to best of my understanding

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ::: Expert Advice - Housing Benefit (2014-15) & ILR

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:06 pm

You can't have a couple rate HB as one of the couple are subject to immigration control. Being paid as a couple could jeopardise your leave by breaching your conditions.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.