ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KumarSpore

Re: Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Post by KumarSpore » Thu May 29, 2014 12:56 am

Hi friends,

Yesterday I visited HCI London to apply Passport for our baby. I can apply for the baby's passport only after I collect the birth registration certificate which will be available a week after.
I cannot do the birth registration & passport application submitted at the same time. :(

The service at the consular section for Birth Registration was really bad. Though he has given priority for the people with kids, the treatment at the counter was not good. No respect, no concern... full of sh**.

For baby's birth registration I have carried the online application form. In addition to that they have given us a form to fill in there itself and asked to paste photographs of the parents, which was unexpected and not written anywhere. Luckily I was carrying our photographs for some other purpose and I could submit the form.

They charged £17.00 for this service.

They did not accept the self addressed envelope for the birth registration. I have to go and collect it and this is a waste of money & time.

Documents required:
1. Online Birth Registration form with atleast two photographs of the baby. 35mm x 35mm size with off white.
2. £17.00 in cash (Carry exact change or loose the balance)
3. Photographs of both the parents - Carry minimum 2 sets
4. Black Pen and Glue stick
5. Original Marriage Certificate and self attested photocopy
6. Original Passport of both the parents - And self attested photocopies of first two and last two pages. Take bigger prints.
7. Origian Birth Certificate issued by UK Council - And self attested photocopy

Regards,
AK
Last edited by KumarSpore on Thu May 29, 2014 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Thu May 29, 2014 1:00 am

Hi heriharia,

As far as I know consular services are not available by post. You cannot submit the birth registration by post. Please go through the HCI London website.

Along with online submitted form they will give you another form to fill in. Also carry photographs of the parents and a glue stick. You won't get much time and the staff will push you to make it fast. I just attended on 27th May.
Both the parents must sign in front of the staff at consular services.

Charge for birth registration is £17.00 (not £34.00)

AK
herilharia wrote:Hello every1,
I applied for my daughters birth registration and passport by post together. It got rejected and they said you need to register her birth 1st. It is not mentioned anywhere on the website. However I realised it after reading the posts here.
I am going to apply again by post for her birth registration. I have the following documents ready:
1) The online application form
2) Full birth certificate issued by the council
3) Marriage certificate
4) passports of both parents.
5) crossed postal order of 34GBP
I have the following queries:
1) Are any more documents required
2) Is there any declaration form required and if yes can you please post the link for the same.
3) Do i need to send any photographs?
4) What address should the post be directed to?

Thanks in advance

twicebitten
Newly Registered

Post by twicebitten » Fri May 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Do you have to go with your spouse for the birth registration ?

Our baby is just few months old, i do not want to have my spouse come with the baby to consulate if possible.

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Fri May 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Yes, both the parents are must for birth registration. For passport application submission either of the parents can attend, but not for birth registration.
Sorry, since we are Indians we do not have any alternative. We carried our 3 months baby since we can't leave him with others.

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:28 pm

For Baby's birth registration, you need to fill the 'Declaration Form for Birth Registration of children eligible for Indian nationality' form which is available to download from Consular services. Attach Parents passport size photographs.

HCI Forms page:
https://www.hcilondon.in/Forms.html

Direct File link:
https://www.hcilondon.in/pdf/Declaratio ... ality.docx

KumarSpore

Appointment for submission of Passport Application

Post by KumarSpore » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:10 pm

GOOD NEWS: From 2nd June 2014 you can take an appointment for submission of Passport application at HCI London.

ajnk
Newly Registered

Post by ajnk » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Hi

I am living in Northern Ireland so its difficult to visit in person first for my baby's birth registration and then for passport application to England.

I remember until April 2014 they were accepting the birth register application by post also. Did they change it to in person only recently ??
My questions are:
1) Do both parents need to visit for child's birth registration? Is it necessary ?
2) How long it takes to receive the birth certificate ? Is it the same day process ? If not, can they sent it by post to our postal address ?
3) Is the process same for passport too ? Do both parents need to visit in person or passport application can be made by post also ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

adithi10
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adithi10 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:55 pm

can anyone please provide the format for "Declaration letter that the child does not hold the passport of any other country"

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi Adithi,

I have given the clear link in my post above on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:28 pm. Please check.

adithi10 wrote:can anyone please provide the format for "Declaration letter that the child does not hold the passport of any other country"

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi friends,

I have submitted my son's Passport application yesterday. It was a great experience which was unexpected. Staff at the passport services were courteous and very helpful. If they are providing better services due to raising issues, we must appreciate. And the experience may not be the same for others.

I took online appointment and arrived 15min early. They called my name on time and application was verified and accepted. I carried and paid the change of £36.

One thing to remember:
Carry all the THREE Original birth certificates. One UK provisional Birth Certificate, UK Birth Certificate with full details and Indian birth certificate. I missed the provisional BC but I managed to submit the photocopy printing it from my email. Luckily they accepted the photocopy without original.

Regards,
AK

adithi10
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adithi10 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:07 pm

I went to register for my baby's birth certificate. the people where so good starting from the person who give token to security guy to the officer :) i took the following along with one copy of each:

UK Full birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Passport of myself n spouse
Declration form i filled and sticked the photo and took. it saves time. the link is https://www.hcilondon.in/pdf/Declaratio ... ality.docx

1 35*35mm photo of baby( i took 45*35mm but they did not tell anything
i took 34 pounds but they charged me only 17 pounds.

I am told to collect the certificate after a week.

I had gone with my baby. I did not know that people who come with baby had preference no matter what is your token number :)

It was good experience.

ajnk
Newly Registered

Post by ajnk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:46 pm

I am re posting my queries here. Would be great help if anyone can help on it.

Hi

I am living in Northern Ireland so its difficult to visit in person first for my baby's birth registration and then for passport application to England.

I remember until April 2014 they were accepting the birth register application by post also. Did they change it to in person only recently ??
My questions are:
1) Do both parents need to visit for child's birth registration? Is it necessary ?
2) How long it takes to receive the birth certificate ? Is it the same day process ? If not, can they sent it by post to our postal address ?
3) Is the process same for passport too ? Do both parents need to visit in person or passport application can be made by post also ?

ajnk
Newly Registered

adithi10
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adithi10 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:30 pm

ajnk wrote:I am re posting my queries here. Would be great help if anyone can help on it.

Hi

My questions are:

ajnk
Newly Registered

hi ajnk,

I went today for birth registration. both the parents are required.

I think they don't have postal service.I was told to collect after one week.

I am not sure regarding passport.

regards :-)

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi all,

Today my friend visited alone to submit Birth Registration form and they accepted it. Mother did not visit HCI London.
FYI

AK

adithi10
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adithi10 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:13 pm

hi ajnk,

I had meant both parents are not required.typing mistake.I went alone yesterday.

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi friends,

We received our child's passport in exactly one week in the post.

AK

adithi10
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adithi10 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:38 pm

can anyone tell me at what time I can collect the birth certificate from hcl London. they just told me to collect after one week.

thanks for your reply.

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Birth certificate collection times are: 4:30pm to 5:30pm

abusiddique
Newly Registered

Re: Appointment for submission of Passport Application

Post by abusiddique » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:51 pm

KumarSpore wrote:GOOD NEWS: From 2nd June 2014 you can take an appointment for submission of Passport application at HCI London.
Hi Kumar,

Can you please tell me how to book an appointment for submission of passport, I tried I couldn't find out the proper link for that.

You help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi,

I had the same question before. The link is in the home page only. Its a tricky.
When you visit home page scroll down a little bit and you will find the link in the left side. It will be at the bottom of 'About the High commission' column.

Passport appointment link:
https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-UK-A ... eUVLcp3A4=
(Note: when you click this link the page will display as OCI appointment. Dont panic :-) this link is for Passport only).

Regards,
Kumar

abusiddique
Newly Registered

Post by abusiddique » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi Kumar,

Thank you for the reply ,much appreciated.

Abu

deep.theone
Newly Registered

Post by deep.theone » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Dear All, it is a very helpful discussion that throws light on the mysterious birth registration and Indian passport application process for a baby born in UK... there seem to be some contradictory information in the posts here... so would like confirm my understanding... request you to verify for me please.

1. One parent can take all the documents and apply for Birth registration and pasport application? Spouse and Baby not required to travel.
2. Once birth registration is applied, it takes a week to 2 and it cannot be posted back to us in prepaid envelop, but needs to be collected
3. Birth registration and passport application cannot be done on the same day
4. Passport once applied can be sent back to us in prepaid envelop
5. Heard, there is a number where we can contact HCI to claify any questions, is that true?
6. Heard, the passports are printed in India and there seems to shortage of paper and it taking months to get the passport, is this true.

Thanks again for all the help and information that is shared here... Glad to know there are people out there to help...

Glad to hear that the response at HCI is improving, I believe the petition on this on change.org is helping...

Take care all, cheers !

deep.theone
Newly Registered

Post by deep.theone » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:15 pm

KumarSpore wrote:Hi,

I had the same question before. The link is in the home page only. Its a tricky.
When you visit home page scroll down a little bit and you will find the link in the left side. It will be at the bottom of 'About the High commission' column.

Passport appointment link:
https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-UK-A ... eUVLcp3A4=
(Note: when you click this link the page will display as OCI appointment. Dont panic :-) this link is for Passport only).

Regards,
Kumar
Kumar, in this link, when I am applying for the passport, it is asking for a mandatory passport number... not sure how we can have this number when applying for the passport

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:42 pm

When applying first passport for infant, in the appointment screen you must fill the MHA number in the Passport number field. MHA number is the online reference number which you applied the Indian citizenship.

Hope this is clear.

deep.theone
Newly Registered

Post by deep.theone » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Yes that answers, Thank you Kumar ! Any thoughts on my previous post please?