ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Spouse visa questions

Post by TangoMike » Tue May 27, 2014 10:27 am

Hi,

I am in the process of getting the supporting documents ready for my wifes visa application and need clarification on a couple of things...

Do copies of my passport need to be certified by a solicitor or is it ok to get it certified by someone in the HR department at work as they are going to stamp and sign my pay slips?

I have been employed with the present company for 12 months with a £25,000 salary but in December 2013 I bought extra holidays to visit my wife and they deducted £480 from my salary and I was paid £1602 gross for that month. Also in March 2014 I was given a small pay rise and a bonus. All these points have been mentioned in the employment letter but I am worried about the deduction, will this be an issue? Can I apply using cat A?

This forum has been of great help to me in preparing the application and I would be very grateful if some one (experts) would clarify the above for me.

Many thanks in advance!

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa questions

Post by TangoMike » Wed May 28, 2014 10:09 am

Please could some one clarify the above as I am preparing the documents and the application is going to be submitted next week!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed May 28, 2014 10:38 am

TangoMike wrote:Hi,

I am in the process of getting the supporting documents ready for my wifes visa application and need clarification on a couple of things...

Do copies of my passport need to be certified by a solicitor or is it ok to get it certified by someone in the HR department at work as they are going to stamp and sign my pay slips?
Well members on here will advise you to have passport copies certified by a solicitor, however I know a number of people over the last 12 months who did not certify at all and no issues.

I have been employed with the present company for 12 months with a £25,000 salary but in December 2013 I bought extra holidays to visit my wife and they deducted £480 from my salary and I was paid £1602 gross for that month. Also in March 2014 I was given a small pay rise and a bonus. All these points have been mentioned in the employment letter but I am worried about the deduction, will this be an issue? Can I apply using cat A?
That deduction will not be a problem: £1602 x 12 = £19,224 so if they calculate your earnings using your lowest monthly wage you will still meet the requirements using Cat A.

This forum has been of great help to me in preparing the application and I would be very grateful if some one (experts) would clarify the above for me.

Many thanks in advance!

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Wed May 28, 2014 11:15 am

Thank you SoHopeful!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 28, 2014 12:13 pm

I would advise you to have the passport legally certified and not take the risk. All pages including blank pages should be certified,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Wed May 28, 2014 12:56 pm

Casa wrote:I would advise you to have the passport legally and not take the risk. All pages including blank pages should be certified,
Hi Casa,

Yes I have had all the pages certified by an HR associate from work with their name date and company stamp on every page.

Thank you for your advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Yes, but that doesn't mean the passport is legally certified by a solicitor. It may well not be accepted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Either by a solicitor or notary public. I believe the Post Ofiice also offer a document certifying service.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ali hassan
Newly Registered

Post by Ali hassan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Amber_ wrote:Either by a solicitor or notary public. I believe the Post Ofiice also offer a document certifying service.
Hi amber
I applied flr m at same day service liverpool on 10 April 2014 I received survey email from ukvi on 19th of may .I write a letter to public enquiry office liverpool on 27th of May . But I don't received any reply or decision and information about my case so please give me your expert opinion .

AA1
Newly Registered

Post by AA1 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:42 pm

I would not risk getting your passport approved by a unofficial source, go with a solicitor or nortary to be on the safe side.

sankyb84

Post by sankyb84 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:32 am

Hi All

Can I get this passport attested in India? Technically its still an Indian passport, so is it acceptable for a notary in India to do it or should I only get it done in UK?

Thanks
Sankyb

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:16 am

It can be legally certified in India.
(Casa, not CR001)

sankyb84

Post by sankyb84 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks for the quick response Casa

sankyb84

Post by sankyb84 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:49 pm

All

Just wanted to check and confirm something here. I have got an appointment on July 11th for my fiance to apply for dependent visa at Chennai VFS (we will be married on 7th next month).

My pay for June will be credited to my account on the 26th and I can get an attested payslip the next day. However, I am not sure if I will receive my bank statement before I reach Chennai.

I have collected the last 12 months statement prior to that (from end of May 13 to end of May 14) along with the payslips. Can you please advise if the lack of bank statement/payslip for June 2014 will cause a confirm (I can mention this in my covering letter as an FYI to the Immigration officers) as from the last payslip/bank statement (end of May/start of June) till July 11th will be more than a month gap.

Appreciate some help on this
Sankyb

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Your last payslip and bank statements submitted must NOT be more than 28 days.

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Could some one please help me with my query?

I have been earning £18800 since April this yr...but I have now got a job offer of £30k....will this be a problem? or do I have wait another 6 months??

I am really tired of this...Miss my wife and daughter...I am a British citizen!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:32 pm

You can use Cat B if you have earned 18600 in the last 12 months and about to start a new job also exceeding the requirements. Perhaps wait until you have at least one payslip with the new company.

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:54 pm

I started to earn £18330 from January this yr and then got a pay rise in april...which increased my salary to £18800...now I have a excellent job offer...but I am finding myself in a limbo!

I have also done overtime....will that count towards the salary requirement??

Please help as wife and daughter has been in India for almost 2 yrs and it is becoming unbearable!

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Can someone please answer me?

1. I started to earn £18330 from January this yr and then got a pay rise in april...which increased my salary to £18800...now I have a excellent job offer...but I am finding myself in a limbo! I have also done overtime which should contribute to the salary amount?? I am in doubt on this...Please help? So if it does count then can I apply in July for my wife visa...but also will be giving notice to start a new job in Aug??

2. My wife has Bachelors and Masters in English and have a UK NARIC letter confirming her bachelors as equivalent to UK degree and also confirming her Masters were taught in English and is equivalent to UK standard.....will she still have to sit any English tests??

3. My wife was in the UK from 2010 till 2012 and was working...and neither me nor she claimed any benefits....our lease is on both our names...but only me currently living here. My daughter is 2 yrs old and is registered as British with right of abode...so she doesnt need a visa...but is 1 bedroom enough?

I really need your help....I have been on this forum since my days of waiting for my indefinite leave to mine and my daughter's British citizenship...people have always help me....I am in dire need of help...as this distance from my wife and daughter is literally making me depressed.

Could you please help in answering my doubts? Thanks

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Anyone care to answer please???

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:17 am

Can someone please answer my questions??

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:55 am

1.Add all your income and see if it meets the financial requirements, it doesn't matter if you have ten job,as long as you can provide pay slips,bank statements showing all the pay and you can get letters stating what you've earned with each of the company. The other way you can deal with this is,if you've done all this job for one year and you've actually earned the money,add it together and if it's OK,you can use this as cat B.
With new job you're starting in August, you can state this in your additional info and add your employment or prospective employment letter or contract, if they can give you what your annual salary will be,but make sure you're still in the old employment b4 you apply.
2.she doesn't need to,what she's got is fine.
3.you said your wife in UK 2012 to 2012? Don't understand that,as what? If here then why not here again?I really don't understand that one but your one bed should be fine as you've got a baby,and she is counted as minor with regards to housing stuffs,you can check housing requirements for yourself.
And lastly, whatever you think might not be clear to eco try and write a note about it as additional information, they might not be patient enough to call all the time.

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Many thanks Rayking for posting your reply. I really appreciate it. So the overtime is fine to add?

My wife had to return to India as her visa expired in 2012 and her aunt had passed away and I was renewing my student visa and then later applied for indefinite leave and now Im british. We were also not aware of all the changes to be honest I am more careful of any changes now than I used to be ..for which I am paying now.

One last thing, In India, I am listed as a nominee on my parents savings a/c. Can their savings be taken into account? or can they say that savings is given to me as a gift can that be counted???

Sorry for asking more questions.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:19 pm

As long as it's part of your gross earning and shows on your pay slips,why not,it's part of your income, isn't it?
Ok,you need to explain that aspect of your wife too,those ppl don't always have patient to call or check some of this things at times.
You can't use third party income or savings,except it's in your account and must have been there for 6 months I reckon?
With what you stated you have,you should be fine as long as it meets the minimum financial requirements.

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Many thanks Rayking! Much appreciated.