ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) Partner Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sumlak
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 (General) Partner Visa

Post by sumlak » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of applying Tier 2 Partner (Dependent) visa fro my wife. I I want to clarify if she needs to appear for IELTS to ascertain her English level qualification? She holds a fresh passport with no visas.

I called up a couple of Immigration Solicitors but got mixed answers. A few of them said that IELTS is not required for Tier 2 Dependents and a few said that she would need to as she doesn't have any UK visa at present.

Can you please answer the query as I then need to take appropriate steps before we file for her visa.

Thanks,
Sami

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:40 pm

My wife did hers last year, no English language requirement needed.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:36 am

Sumlak,

I am also applying for my wife.
Are you applying online ? Did you get the form to fill up the CoS Number in the visa application form ?

Umairk
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Umairk » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:08 pm

jkcool wrote:Sumlak,

I am also applying for my wife.
Are you applying online ? Did you get the form to fill up the CoS Number in the visa application form ?

To respond to the original post, your wife only needs to do IELTS test if the sponsor is a british passport holder. In this case, the answer is No.

To answer JKcool, Yes you do have to provide the CoS number. You can either ask your employer to provide it or you can check the application you made for the Tier 2 general visa (if you still have it somewhere)

kind regards