ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fund maintainance for sponsoring a visitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1-immigrant

fund maintainance for sponsoring a visitor

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:56 am

Hi
I am on Tier1 and want my parents to visit me in UK. I will be sponsoring their General Visitor visa.

What fund do I need to maintain per visitor and for how long ?

zunaira
Newly Registered

Re: fund maintainance for sponsoring a visitor

Post by zunaira » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi!
There is no hard and fast rule. my usual estimate is to have around 20 to 30 GBP per person per day. But i make sure that my account balance is more than that. Also, if you think that the balance is not that much, just show lesser number of days in the application form -- let's say 10 days. you will always get a visa for 6 months. You need to maintain the balance for 3 months. Also, if your running income is enuf to support you family plus visitors @ 20 to 30 GBP per day per person, I think you need not to worry much about your bank balance.
Another important thing - if there are any major transactions though your account, do mention in the cover letter that from where that money has come. This is a very common reason for rejection. Let's say if its your pay, do mention it in the cover letter.