ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport re-issue and BRP query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashish0102
Newly Registered

Passport re-issue and BRP query

Post by Ashish0102 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:56 am

Hi friends,

I am planning to get my passport re-issued in London as my passport is going to expire next year. I am on a Tier-2 General visa since 1 year but plan to switch to a new Tier-2 sponsor soon, but can postpone it for a couple of months. I have two queries:
1. I believe for new visa I will be issued with a BRP card instead of visa stamping. Is this correct?
2. I would not want to get into a situation where I would need to carry both the new and old passports and the BRP card. Considering this, if I get the BRP card based on the current passport would I need to get the passport number updated on the BRP card once I get my new passport or I can use the new passport and BRP card without any updation?

Cheers,
Ashish.

peppekalle

Re: Passport re-issue and BRP query

Post by peppekalle » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:48 am

There was a similar query in the board.
1.Yes
2.Unfortunately you have to carry both your new passport and the BRP when travelling.

Ashish0102
Newly Registered

Post by Ashish0102 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi peppekalle,

Thanks a lot for the response. But it's not clear that if I get the BRP based on my current passport and then later on get a new passport re-issued, will I have to carry both old and new passports along with the BRP or only the new passport will do.

Cheers,
Ashish.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:49 pm

You will not need to carry the old passport .Your BRP isnt just based on the number of your passport number only.

Ashish0102
Newly Registered

Post by Ashish0102 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Thanks a lot peppekalle, that was really helpful.
Would you know what happens if we update the UKBA with the new passport number, would they re-issue the BRP or simply update their records and we can keep the original BRP as it is?

Cheers,
Ashish.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:16 pm

You don't need to update HO if you have renewed an expired passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ashish0102
Newly Registered

Post by Ashish0102 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Thanks CR001.

Cheers Ashish.