ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I mail my paperwork to UK and have husband submit?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

k.scully
Newly Registered

Can I mail my paperwork to UK and have husband submit?

Post by k.scully » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:36 am

Hello everyone!

I was all ready to go to sign up for my biometric data screening, when I read that I will have 2 weeks to mail my application to an address in England. Please don't think I'm too dumb, but I just assumed my settlement visa would be processed in the states at a UK embassy. It seems silly to have my husband mail me a bunch of information and have to wait for his last paystub to arrive to then turn around and mail it all back to England.

So I'm wondering if I can just mail my husband everything on my end, and then when he gets his last paystub he can mail it in the next day? Would it be weird/unacceptable for the visa processing location to receive my paperwork from within the UK? Basically, I'm wondering if they might think I am staying in the UK and if having him mail it in would cause problems.

Thanks for any advice,
Kelsie

Rayking

Re: Can I mail my paperwork to UK and have husband submit?

Post by Rayking » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:25 am

What it means is that you'll have to submit print out of your online application, appendix 2 form,your passport, and depending your country tb cert.the rest your hubby will post it from within the UK to the stated address in Uk within 2 weeks i reckon ?obviously you'll have to send some of the doc to him BT not a lot from your end.
About thinking you live in Uk,nothing to worry about.