ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How hard is it to get sponorship?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nblaze

How hard is it to get sponorship?

Post by nblaze » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:29 am

Has anyone hear successfully found a company to sponsor them? From outside the EU? If so how difficult was it and any tips? I just started applying for jobs and already it seems like an impossible task.

I work in IT currently and have 2 years experience as well as an IT degree. I know IT is considered on the "shortage skills list" but I'm guessing that really only applies to really specialized parts of IT, not just basic tech support like I do.

Any success stories? Tips? How did you manage it?

Seems impossible to get a company to fork on the cash for you when someone in the EU/Ireland can fill it without! ugh!

nblaze

Re: How hard is it to get sponorship?

Post by nblaze » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:50 am

Has nobody here been sponsored for work!? How did you get all get visas then! lol

pythonista
India

Post by pythonista » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:48 am

It is very hard, near impossible unless you have skills matching a shortage occupation and your employer has rights and willing to sponsor you.

I have been trying since October 2013 with no success yet.

If you have contacts in any organization of your domain, you can be benefited by referrals but otherwise, it's damn hard. Believe me.

nblaze

Post by nblaze » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Hey Pythonista,
Thanks for the reply! Wow I don't like hearing that! What line of work are you in? Are you in a shortage skill field as well?

Any others care to share their experiences?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:06 am

IT and doctors are more likely to get a sponsorship, but again in IT its not so easy and simple to be called outside Ireland. The broader EU have acquired the job market. Employers don't want a headache of sponsoring people outside the EU and making green card applications for them when they can find someone local or within the EU. You must be too good in ur skill set to get sponsorship and too good mean extra ordinary....
Anyway Best of Luck