ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Questions

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Dubin 8 wrote:Congratulation to those who got their approval.

I emailed the citizenship division yesterday and I got replay today that my application is at an advanced stage of processing and I will be informed of the Minister's decision as expeditiously as possible! I applied n July 2013.

Can anyone tell me I if they still sending the approval letters or they done with this batch and approval letters will be send again after the next coming ceremony!?

Thanks in advance
i have sent you pm, i cant find email address for the citizen division online.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

immi.q
Newly Registered

Post by immi.q » Fri May 30, 2014 3:07 pm

@ dub007 if you could please reply on this
I HAVE Applied for my son last year and recieve acknowledgment letter on 25th April 2013.After that i recieved 2nd letter on 7th January 2014 and after that still no descions have been made.
What is in between stage 1 and 2?????.As mine son 2nd stage Letter took 8 months.What do you think why is that?

immi.q
Newly Registered

Post by immi.q » Fri May 30, 2014 3:09 pm

What is actually 2nd stage letter about.I have applied for my son and recieved acknowledgment letter on 24th April 2013.After that i recieve 2nd letter on 7th January 2014 which says that Your application for naturalisation on behalf of your child is currently being
processed in the normal way with a view to establishing whether your child meets the statutory condition for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision when
processing is complete.
Is that normally 2nd stage letter says???
We are still awaiting decision.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi

I have a question about applying for Naturalisation. On the application form, it says:
A certified colour copy of the page of your current passport/travel document containing your photograph. If the page containing your photograph does not include your name etc or does not give the expiry date of your passport, please also submit a certified copy of the relevant page(s) of your current passport/travel document containing these details. Please also provide copies of all other pages of your passport and full copies of any previous passport valid during periods of residence in the State.
When they say "copies" do they mean copies that are certified by a solicitor? Or just ordinary photocopies?

If it is certified photocopies of every page of each passport the applicant has had, this is going to be very expensive :shock:

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:47 pm

certified copy of where your picture and details are - thats all! that should cost you around 10 euro per page or if you haggle 5!

amison79

Post by amison79 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:39 pm

@doesnotcompute

look out for solicitor who r professional in theses type of cases. i ended up payng only 20 euro, while i got many pages attested from the solicitor. color copy of the photo page of passport, mariage cert, mariage affidavit, birth cert and the translated copy and i thnk couple of more doc.

u need to find out speciality solicitor in ur area for bettr price.

thepiratequeen

Post by thepiratequeen » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:11 pm

It cost us 20.00 for two of us....certified copies of passport photo page, birth certs and our marriage cert. Don't forget the signature/affidavit page of application, too. I think 10/person is a great price, personally. Good luck.

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:32 am

I paid 50 euro, but in fairness, I had about 3 passports to be legalised + the last page to be signed.

abram11
Newly Registered

Post by abram11 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:27 pm

After receiving letter on citizenship approval, what documents need to be submitted to get the invite for ceremony / naturalization cert. I'm in final stage of processing, but maybe traveling when the approval comes thru. So trying to be prepared.

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:00 pm

once I got the approval letter, I had to send the postal order one for 600 euro then the other for 350 euro as they cannot put one amount per post order. 2 passport photos (coloured ones) plus your GNIB card if applicable, they also mention your original travel document but make sure you dont send your passport.

I have sent the following

1. 950 euro post order
2. pictures
3.GNIB card which was long expired (but I just returned it to them)

1 month later I received invite.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Another thing that comes to mind:

My wife has been in Jobbridge internships and only entered paid employment in November last year. She was not paid in those internships (apart from the Jobbridge rate). She does not have a P21 or P60 for last year. All she has from Revenue is an Ammended Tax Credit Certificate.

I sent this Tax Credit Cert in with her naturalisation application (in lieu of a P60 or P21) - is this going to be OK, or are INIS going to refuse the application?

Or would they just ask for more documents? What do we do if ask for more documents (that we don't have)?

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:24 pm

They might ask for additional information, but only time will tell.

ahm
Newly Registered

Post by ahm » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:27 am

Yana31 wrote:once I got the approval letter, I had to send the postal order one for 600 euro then the other for 350 euro as they cannot put one amount per post order. 2 passport photos (coloured ones) plus your GNIB card if applicable, they also mention your original travel document but make sure you dont send your passport.

I have sent the following

1. 950 euro post order
2. pictures
3.GNIB card which was long expired (but I just returned it to them)

1 month later I received invite.
cheaper to get a bank draft instead of a postal order, as it will only be 1 bank draft as opposed to 2 postal orders. pretty stupid that postal orders can only go to 600Euros.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:13 pm

can you get a bank draft if you don't have an account in that bank? i won't have a Euro account and will probably just go to a branch in ROI and try to get a bank draft there.

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:34 am

Bank Draft would have been ok also, but as the Post Office is closer to me, that was a better option.
Thats what I have done regarding the money.
Looking forward to the ceremony next Friday.

hamada1092
Newly Registered

Post by hamada1092 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:48 pm

what does it mean that i have successfully moved to second stage of Irish citizenship process ?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:10 pm

hamada1092 wrote:what does it mean that i have successfully moved to second stage of Irish citizenship process ?
I think it means that all your documents are in order, and now they are just waiting on reports from other Govt Departments (e.g., Gardaí, Social Protection, Foreign Affairs, etc)

hamada1092
Newly Registered

Post by hamada1092 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:21 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:
hamada1092 wrote:what does it mean that i have successfully moved to second stage of Irish citizenship process ?
I think it means that all your documents are in order, and now they are just waiting on reports from other Govt Departments (e.g., Gardaí, Social Protection, Foreign Affairs, etc)

does it mean that they are ok with the time of residency or they will check it in the second stage?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:52 pm

hamada1092 wrote:
doesnotcompute wrote:

does it mean that they are ok with the time of residency
Yes, I think so. But don't quote me on that.

hamada1092
Newly Registered

Post by hamada1092 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:55 pm

thank you for your replay.