ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General Dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MissionPossible

Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General Dependant

Post by MissionPossible » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Gurus/Experts,

I am planning to switch in country from Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General Dependent (of my wife, who is currently on Tier 2 General Shortage Occupation Visa). I tried searching any old posts related to this but considering it is very peculiar switch I cannot find related to it on forum.

Assumption 1 - I am switching in order to increase my options to work with different companies in UK or rather open my own company to do contracting.
Question 1 - Do you see any technical flaw that negates my assumption 1 i.e. to open company or do contracting whilst on Tier 2 Gen dependent Visa ?

Assumption 2 - I understand that my ILR clock will set to ZERO once I make this move. But - my Tier 2 General started from May 2013 and my wife's Tier 2 Gen started from Sep 2013 [Difference of 4 months]. Hence , I'll be eligible for ILR once she is. Note: I was on Tier 2 ICT (Established Staff Cat) from Oct'2010
Question 2 - Does this affect our/my ILR eligibility whenever we/I are eligible for that.

Assumption 3 - If above 2 assumptions hold and I apply for Tier 2 Gen Dependant then below would be Document Requirements
1. Completed and signed online application form, along with the payment details
2. Evidence of UK stay (Rental Agreement or Council/Utilities Bill)
3. Copy of the main applicant’s passport and Tier 2 visa pages
4. Copy of the main applicant’s assigned Certificate of Sponsorship
5. Latest and the expired original Passports
6. Original Marriage Certificate showing the relation between the main applicant and me
7. Bank statements for evidence of funds
8. 2 Photos (UKBA standards).
9. My BRP card [which is for my current Tier 2 Gen Visa]
Question 3.
For evidence of funds -Since my wife and I do not have a UK joint account , I will provide my UK Bank account statements that have more than £600 over last 90 days. Is that OK ?
Also - do I require Original TB Test Certificate when I make this UK application ??
Any other document that I am missing ??

shreya_6261
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General Dependant

Post by shreya_6261 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:12 am

hi all,

Even i have a similar doubt.

I am currently in UK for more than 2 years, and my wife would be applying for the tier 2 dependent visa from india to join me.
Do i need to show 600£ to support her or do i need to show 600 + 900 (to support myself) = 1500£ for the maintenance requirements.
This is a big confusion i am very concerned about. I am already in UK tier 2 visa for more than 2 years.

Please help!!

Regards,
Pratik6261

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:40 am

shreya_6261 wrote:hi all,

Even i have a similar doubt.

I am currently in UK for more than 2 years, and my wife would be applying for the tier 2 dependent visa from india to join me.
Do i need to show 600£ to support her or do i need to show 600 + 900 (to support myself) = 1500£ for the maintenance requirements.
This is a big confusion i am very concerned about. I am already in UK tier 2 visa for more than 2 years.

You just need to show maintenance for your dependant not yourself.

Please help!!

Regards,
Pratik6261
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

MissionPossible

Post by MissionPossible » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi Manci/Muhdkhokhar

For evidence of funds -Since my wife and I do not have a UK joint account , I (applying as her dependent) will provide my UK Bank account statements that have more than £600 over last 90 days. Is that OK ?

Also - do I require Original TB Test Certificate when I make this UK application ??

I will be making in-country (UK) application.

Current situation
In UK on Tier 2 General VISA. Have never in past applied as dependent of my wife though she has been my dependent earlier.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:58 am

1) Yes
2) No

MissionPossible

Post by MissionPossible » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:55 am

Thanks Moonlight :) .

Gurus/Experts,

Do you know if I need to submit my wife's bank statements as well considering she was the main applicant of Tier 2 Gen but I am showing my bank statements for last 90 days as proof of funds of consistent £600 ?

I am planning to make application for this in-country switch from Tier 2 General to Tier Gen Dependant very soon - can you please help point out any documents, if any, that I am misssing from list in my post#1 on this thread.

Thanks and Regards

DrAli
Newly Registered

Post by DrAli » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Hi Mission possible, I have the same question as yours, can someone answer please