ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All July HSMP Applicants Please post here!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahimvalliani
Newly Registered

Need Help

Post by rahimvalliani » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Hello

My application was rejected today saying that my study was part time so they cant consider my previous income i.e before my studies. I have done my masters in London and international students are not allowed to study part time. Also, It was mentioned on my university letter that mode of study was full time.

Can the members suggest me what should i do in such a position.

thanks

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:57 am

**I posted same question under sticky post, but no body replied, I thought no body is paying attention to those***

Can anybody give me yes or no answer on following question.My application is still under processing for HSMP.

Once a decision is made, then case worker will notify me through email that I can arrange courier to pickup documents (I requested it) possibly pickup location would be Shef?

Here is question.

My friend is in London, can he arrange a pickup from DHL or Fedex London OFFICE to pickup document from Shefi to New Zealand by paying courier fee locally at London office?

Any ideas or experience?

Thanks in advance

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:41 am

Kaff wrote:**I posted same question under sticky post, but no body replied, I thought no body is paying attention to those***

Can anybody give me yes or no answer on following question.My application is still under processing for HSMP.

Once a decision is made, then case worker will notify me through email that I can arrange courier to pickup documents (I requested it) possibly pickup location would be Shef?

Here is question.

My friend is in London, can he arrange a pickup from DHL or Fedex London OFFICE to pickup document from Shefi to New Zealand by paying courier fee locally at London office?

Any ideas or experience?

Thanks in advance

Hi Kaff,
As soon as I got the ref # , I sent a fax saying that I will make my own courier arrangements. Then ,as soon as the decision was made on my application, the caseworker sent me a mail asking me to arrange for courier within 14 days (else after 14 days will send by royal mail). I contatced my friend in UK and asked him to arrange for courier through UPS service. My friend needed to give the following details to UPS guys :

1) Name of the caseworker :
2) Direct contact telephone number of the Caseworker :
3)Courier collection address: HSMP Team, Home Office, Moorfoot, Sheffield, S1 4PQ .
4)Name of the building, where the documents are held: Moorfoot.
5)Your HSMP Reference Number :
6)Full name of the HSMP applicant:
7)Full address of the HSMP applicant to which the documents and the decision letter have to be delivered:
8)Direct contact number of the HSMP applicant:

Then my friend had to make an upfront payment for the courier charges and book a courier (It costs 45 GBP).Please note that after the payment is made, the courier guys will give u a courier reference number, which has to be informed to the HSMP team.

Once the courier was arranged, I had to send an e-mail to the HSMP caseworker, who had sent me the courier arrangement e-mail. The email:

Dear Caseworker's name,

I hope you are doing well.

I am ******* and my HSMP Reference Number is ******. As per your request, I have made arrangements for the pick up of my original documents and decision letter, through UPS courier tommorrow (**/**/****).

This is the reference which you need to quote to the courier guys : ******
I request you to kindly hand over my Original Documents and Decision Letter to the courier person.

I look forward for your cooperation in this matter.

If you need any further clarification, do write to me.

Good Day!

Regards,

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:56 am

llcool wrote:Thanks rrst. Hows your EC research going on?

Do let me know as well coz till now i know nothing about EC.

let me know if you find out something.

Cheers!!
llcool
Hi llcool,
Yeah, me been quite busy these days preparing the docs required for EC. Its a lot more work compared to the initial approval. I have prepared a checklist, but will take a while to execute..here's the list

SELF

ï‚€ UK Visa Application Form - VAF 1

ï‚€ Visa Fee
 Prepare Draft of £ 200 in favor of “British Deputy High Commissionâ€

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:18 am

Thank you so much rrst_101.
These are really helpful information.

Cheers
Kaff

VictoriaS
inactive

Re: Need Help

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:32 pm

rahimvalliani wrote:Hello

My application was rejected today saying that my study was part time so they cant consider my previous income i.e before my studies. I have done my masters in London and international students are not allowed to study part time. Also, It was mentioned on my university letter that mode of study was full time.

Can the members suggest me what should i do in such a position.

thanks
Appeal it. They have obviously made a clerical error.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

lionking
Newly Registered

Post by lionking » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:45 am

hey antony & others..

the below address provided by antony needs correction as posted b4

correct addr as per updated guidelines

Applications sent by Courier
44. If you wish to send your application by
Courier, the delivery address is:
Border and Immigration Agency
7th floor
Fountain Precinct
Balm Green
Sheffield
S1 2JA

i made this addr one line correction after i sent the courier.. also guys the app form & guideline has got updated on june 1,2007. better use the updated ones.

Yes thats right...

The completed applications should be sent to this address (if by courier)...

Quote:
Applications sent by Courier

If you wish to send your application by Courier, the delivery address is:

Immigration & Nationality Directorate
Work Permits (UK) HSMP
7th floor
Fountain Precinct
Balm Green
Sheffield
S1 2JA

hsmp_aug

My Application - Need feedback

Post by hsmp_aug » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:27 pm

Hi All,
I have recently joined this forum and request your assistance with my HSMP application. I am planning to apply this week itself and after much research I have come up with following documents:

1. Academic Qualifications: (For 30 Points Claim) - Sumitting original degree certificate.
2. Age Assessment: (For 20 Points Claim) - Submitting original Birth Certificate.
3. English Language: Submitting original TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) Scorecard/Transcript
4. Previous Earnings – Salaried Employment: (For 45 Points Claim) : Here I need some help from the experienced guys. I am planning to submit following 5 pieces of evidences to be absolutely sure of this.

Excerpts from my Cover letter:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
a. Income Tax Return (ITR) for financial year 1-April-2006 to 31-March-2007. Please note that as per INCOME-TAX (FOURTH AMENDMENT) RULES, 2007 NOTIFICATION NO.169/2007, DATED 14-5-2007 issued by Government of India (Income Tax Department), SARAL form is not used anymore for filing Income tax returns in India. Instead, for salaried employees, ITR-1 form is used and the same acknowledgement is enclosed with this application.

b. Wage Slips (attested) from May-2006 to April-2007 (covering the entire amount mentioned in the ITR)

c. “Form 16" which is a document generated by the employer for the purposes of an official return to the tax authority. This can also be considered as the 'Personal Tax Return' if the attached Acknowledgement form from the income tax authority is considered to be inadequate. The "Form 16" shows all the details of my gross earnings through salary and calculation of "Gross total income" which is specified in the tax return form (Income chargeable under the Head ‘Salaries’).

d. Bank statement stating the salary claimed for month of April 2007, as the same is not reflected in ITR-1 and Form-16. Please note that this salary would be the "Net Salary" only after deducting the income tax, profession tax and my contributions towards other benefits. This can also be verified in the Payslip attatched with this application.

e. Printout of the page from I.T. Department of India website stating the new rules where SARAL is replaced by ITR forms. The reference link is mentioned below:

http://law.incometaxindia.gov.in/Taxman ... aspx?md=31
Click “Notification: 169; Date of Issue: 14/5/2007â€

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:37 pm

HI,
are you aware of 12 out of 15 months of cliaiming period?
If I am not wrong, you still preparing your application. In that case you can only cliam your income from 5th May 2006, assuming your application reach H.O by today. please read the guidance notes about this, your claiming period as you said march2006 to april2007, does not convincing me as a valid period. Ofcorse my argument fials if you have enough points without counting your march, april,may 2006 salraries into account.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:41 pm

oops,
I am sorry, i missed ur point under section b about wage slips,please ignore my post.

If you want to submit bank statements, as per guidance you must have submit all 12 bank statements for the whole claiming period. But check with others also.

archman
Newly Registered

Post by archman » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:47 pm

Approvedddddd !!!!

Incountry Application:

Documents sent: 14 July 2007
Documents received: 16 July 2007
Reference number received: 17 July 2007
Reference number: 223***
Approved : August 1st
documents received : Aug 4

P.s: Funny thing is i called HO on aug 1st and they said my case is waitin to be allocated to a case worker.... but looks like my case was approved on the same day.....

Thanks very very much to all in this forum, who helped me to get an approval....

Archman

hsmp_aug

Post by hsmp_aug » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:49 pm

suresh-hsmp: Thanks for ur response..

I am submitting following 2 proofs:
My attested salary slips covering the 12 months period.
MY ITR-1 ack. form covering till March 2007.

So only for Month of April, Im supplying corroborating evidence of bank statement as that is not coverered in IT returns.

Others, please correct me if I am wrong.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:06 pm

hi see this

56. If you are not able to provide an income tax
return and/or wage slips to cover the 12
months period for which you are claiming for
other reasons (e.g. the tax information does
not cover the full period claimed), then you
will need to provide alternative supporting
evidence in the form of:
• Bank statements showing that you
received the salary described for the full
12 month period; and/or
• A letter from your (previous) employer/s
confirming that you received the salary
for which you are claiming.

hsmp_aug

Post by hsmp_aug » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:16 pm

Suresh:
Does that mean that all of us who are applying for HSMP after June cannot use ITR-1 acknowledgement as a valid second proof of income?
Because.. if we use ITR form then we cannot establish the 12 month period within last 15 months.
APR-MAY-JUN-JUL-AUG-SEP-OCT-NOV-DEC-JAN-FEB-MAR-APR-MAY-JUN-JUL
Above, months in RED are covered in ITR form.. If we apply after JUNE, then it is outside the scope of 15 months.. hence we cannot use this as evidence..

In that case, noone from now can use ITR as valid proof.. Am I right?

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:03 pm

Hi,
you must have to submit whatever tax information you have although it does not cover the whole period (So they still want to see that one as a required evidence). My understanding is that, caseworker dont want to mess up with tax return to calculate your income if it does not cover whole period. Instead he want to see your 12 month bank statements to match net salary on your payslips.If you only submit bank statements for uncovered period, then he need to figureout income from tax return which obviously contains some months which are outside your claiming period.

Though everything is logical, simple to corrobrate, case worker dont want to take any pain. Alternatively, you can also submit a letter from emplyer for the salary that you are claiming.

hsmp_aug

TOEFL related

Post by hsmp_aug » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:34 am

Hi All,
One small query..
I have given TOEFL CBT last year in August and score is still valid.
Score: 293/300
Does this qualify as a IELTS Level 6 qualification?
Is there anyone who actually got approval based on TOEFL score?

Please assist.

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:36 am

hey hsmp_aug,

I applied with CBT TOEFL (290/300) and got a rejection on the grounds of english lang. requirement. I am applying for a review.

Please wait for my review result and then apply accordingly.

Cheers!
CD

hsmp_aug

Post by hsmp_aug » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:06 am

ok CD..
Will wait for some more time and apply.. Dont want to take risks now..
Have u already sent the review letter to HO?
I know u'll get the approval this time..
All the best dude.. :)

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:03 am

Kaff,

Can you please let me know the e-mail address to which you sent a mail requesting courier pickup of your documents?

Thanks !!

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:14 am

Hi Guys,

Just an update on my timelines.

Application sent thru FedEx : July 21
Application received at HO : July 24
Mode of Payment : DD ( UK Cheque )
Payment Clearing : Not known
Reference Number recd : Aug 1

The customer rep told me it would take another two
weeks to be assigned to case worker. But looking at
the timelines posted, I doubt if it will take so much
of time. Will be calling up today to check the status
and request for courier pickup.

The long wait begins !!

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:26 am

Kaff

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:59 am

Just called HO, they told me that my case has been refused. Very sad.
They sent back documents via Airmail despite my note that I would like to arrange my courier.

No idea why it has been refused.

I had requested one excpetional consideration regarding my degree, where I said that I have lost my degree, so I am sending my (DMC) issued by University.. also I presented another assessment report issued by NZQA which was based on DMC..

Waiting for documents.
Will keep you guys posted..
Kaff

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:58 am

I just got to know my refusal reason, which I suspected, that they didn't accept the fact that I lost my Degree certificate, so I am not eligible to gain points for Education. This is really insane, how could I get DMC without completing study.

Request for feedback please, What options I left now?

Not sure... Please advice..

Thanks
Kaff

ab_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by ab_hsmp » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:33 pm

Kaff wrote:I just got to know my refusal reason, which I suspected, that they didn't accept the fact that I lost my Degree certificate, so I am not eligible to gain points for Education. This is really insane, how could I get DMC without completing study.

Request for feedback please, What options I left now?

Not sure... Please advice..

Thanks

Hi Kaff

I am sorry for rejection.

I have exactly same case as yours for "Qualification Section". My Original Degree was lost and University has issued me duplicate degree.

I am planning to provide following proof for gerring exceptional consideration :-

1. Notarized affidavit stating that my Original Degree has been lost in
transit and University has issued me Duplicate Degree.
2. Duplicate Degree Issued by University.

Following are the exceptional evidence I am planning to give :-

1. Letter from University with following etails mentioned in guidace
notes...like name of college, year of completion etc.
2. Original transcript which I have got from University. ( It is different
from DMC). They have charged some fee to issue this transcript.

Could you please speak with caseworker, what exeptional evidence you need to provide if you apply for HSMP next time.

What evidence you need to provide to seek exceptional evidence.( evidence for reason you mentioned to get exceptional evidence... e.g. degree lost).

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:50 pm

any news CD?
am gettin butterflies in my stomach sending my app this weekend...nearly done with preparation

eyes all set for a positive response