ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

die_hard

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by die_hard » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:08 pm

I don't think his long residency is broken. Also for the gap between 09/01/2011 to 15/02/2011, he was in his home country. So that won't count as time spent without a valid visa as this time wasn't spent in UK.

Any senior can comment on this ?
rajamahbub wrote:
gurulay wrote:
rajamahbub wrote: 28 days out of date application is accepted by Home Office. But your gap from 09/01/2011 to 15/02/2011 is more than 28 days.
Why did you make fresh application instead of appeal? You have to make a good reason or case to justify your overstay period such as mitigating circumstances/sickness etc. It's not impossible at all so keep hope and speak to a good lawyer.
sorry about that I forget to mention one case.
- I applied Post study work permit (after student visa expired on 09/01/2011) in my country
- I left UK on 09/01/2011 ( on the same date which visa expire 09/01/2011)
- Submitted the visa application for Tier 1 – Post Study Work on 17/01/2011
- Refuse on 28/01/2011 because of insufficient documents
- Make a fresh application on 15/02/2011
- Granted on 16/03/2011

I hope it's not count as overstay and my 10 years residency is not broken

Thanks,
It will not count as overstay and your long residency is not broken, as long as application was made within 28 days of expiry of current visa. I am more concerned about the gap you have between 09/01/2011 till 15/02/2011. Find very strong reason to defend your gap.

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:25 pm

bhamblues wrote:Hi,
Now that HO have started with the March Applications, I was wondering if the remaining Feb applicants ( Faisal, M.Elahi, Mbu001, Jageera420) heard anythng back from HO abt their application? I rang HO yday and was told it is still in process and not completed yet! :-(
I have checked with HO yesterday and they informed that my application is of 1st March not 28th February. Its just a day difference though.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:24 pm

HowILR wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
ik_aam_insaan wrote:No sign of mrs brp today .. any ideas when can i get it ? Received doc on Saturday . Thanks
I have received my Mrs BRP on the 18th and till date there is no sign of the BRP for my daughters, really cross, as I have to postpone their SET(M) PEO appointment for Friday. I have already emailed brpdelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and called them but to no avail, they say wait for the reply to the email. Not happy at all after paying thousands that is the quality of service you get :(
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi shahjee,

I don't understand if i am wrong correct me? Why do u need ur daughter brp for ur wife set(m) as i believe ur daughter will be eligible for MN1 the day u got ilr. where u need to write on dependant section set(m) that my daughter will be register for british citizen under section (1) (3) . So u don't need to wait for her BRP and also don't need to waste extra money for child.

So, my advise go ahead on friday. U will be ok.
Hi HowILR,
Thanks for the advice but the issue is that both my daughters are born back home not here in this country, hence they have to accompany their mom in her SET(M) application. I spoke to DX again now and there is nothing coming through, so looks like a a problem, I have to postpone the application till I come back from my visit to Back home, and that is seriously annoying :( for no fault of us we have to suffer. But thanks for the advice though. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Chemist

Post by Chemist » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:21 pm

die_hard wrote:Hi Chemist,

You don't have to be in the same category during all the 10 years.

As long as you don't have any gap between your previous applications, you haven't overstayed without any valid visa and your 10 years stay is legal you would be fine.

Also you shouldn't have left the country for 180 days at a time or 539 days in total.
Chemist wrote:Hi All,

Just I am wondering if I can apply for ILR long residence under different visa categories as I have (3 years student visa + 3 years student dependant visa + 2 years Tier 2 work Visa + 6 months student dependant visa + 18 months Tier 2 work Visa dependant).

Or I have to under the same (one) visa category during the all 10 years.

thanks in advances

Best wishes

Chemist
Thank you very much Die_hard,

I appreciate if you know any links or website can confirm or deny........as one recent graduate Lawyer told me about that.

thanks again

Cheers

Chemist

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:47 pm

gurulay wrote:
rajamahbub wrote: 28 days out of date application is accepted by Home Office. But your gap from 09/01/2011 to 15/02/2011 is more than 28 days.
Why did you make fresh application instead of appeal? You have to make a good reason or case to justify your overstay period such as mitigating circumstances/sickness etc. It's not impossible at all so keep hope and speak to a good lawyer.
- I applied Post study work permit (after student visa expired on 09/01/2011) in my country
- Granted on 16/03/2011

Thanks,
Hi,

Your Continuous residence is not broken as when you left UK had a valid leave and you returned to UK within 6 months with a new valid leave.
Below information is taken form Long residence guidance:

''Time spent outside the UK
Continuous residence is not considered broken if the applicant:

 is absent from the UK for 180 days or less at any one time, and
 had existing leave to enter or remain when they left and when they returned – this can
include leave gained at port when returning to the UK as a non visa national, see
related link: Information for non-visa nationals.

If the applicant had existing leave to enter or remain when they left and returned to the UK,
the existing leave does not have to be in the same category on departure and return. For
example, an applicant can leave the UK as a Tier 4 (General) student and return with leave
as a spouse of a settled person. Continuous residence is not broken as the applicant had
valid leave both when they left and returned to the UK. ''

Please see page 13 on this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e-life.pdf

You only have one application with 1 day out of time. HO disregards and overstay of upto and including 28 days.

I hope above information helps you.

Regards

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi Chemist,

Use this link. There are guidance notes which can confirm the same.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ivate-life
Chemist wrote:

As long as you don't have any gap between your previous applications, you haven't overstayed without any valid visa and your 10 years stay is legal you would be fine.

Also you shouldn't have left the country for 180 days at a time or 539 days in total.

Just I am wondering if I can apply for ILR long residence under different visa categories as I have (3 years student visa + 3 years student dependant visa + 2 years Tier 2 work Visa + 6 months student dependant visa + 18 months Tier 2 work Visa dependant).

thanks in advances

Best wishes

Chemist

I appreciate if you know any links or website can confirm or deny........as one recent graduate Lawyer told me about that.

thanks again

Cheers

Chemist

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Chemist wrote:

thanks in advances

Best wishes

Chemist

thanks again

Cheers

Chemist
Hi Chemist,

If you read previous few pages of this topic you can see lots of applicants who successfully applied for 10 years ILR. Most of them combined time spent on different visa catagories for their lawful 10 years residence, e.g people starting with student visa and than changing to PSW visa and finally obtaining Tier 1 visa.

I hope above reply clears your confusion.

Regards

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:05 pm

No news today :-(

MBU001
Newly Registered

Post by MBU001 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:45 pm

bhamblues wrote:Hi,
Now that HO have started with the March Applications, I was wondering if the remaining Feb applicants ( Faisal, M.Elahi, Mbu001, Jageera420) heard anythng back from HO abt their application? I rang HO yday and was told it is still in process and not completed yet! :-(

@ Bhamblues,,, I am in the same boat. Application sent on 20/02/2014 and HO is now taking a MICK. I literally call HO idiots everyday and same daunting reply UNDER PROCESS. Its a shame that i have not received it back and extremely frustrated as i have bunch of things pending because of ILR. Faisal, M.Elahi, Jageera420. All please keep update each other. Whoever gets any update, please post instantly.

CHEERS .

ALI

nazish
Newly Registered

Post by nazish » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Can anyone plz share the requirements for flrm ? What documents needed? And is IELTS or life in uk required for flrm?
Thanks

M.ELAHI
Newly Registered

Post by M.ELAHI » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi All

I called HO today and they are saying it is under process.
I don't know what this means
I will update as soon as I Receive Good news inshaAllah
I am tired of waiting now but have no option other than waiting/patience.

Thanks

Kind Regards

total_siyappa
Newly Registered

Post by total_siyappa » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Dear brothers, good friends and restless fella's.

I would like to congratulate all March, Feb. and Jan guys who has been waiting for their decisions and got successfull results.

Now I would also LIKE TO CONGRATULATE ALL THOSE WHO ACTUALLY MADE IT, WHEN I SAY MADE IT I AM TALKING ABOUT ALL WHO ACTUALLY MADE ILR APPLICATION, ALL YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WORKING TIRELESSLY HARD FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS, A BIG PORTION OF YOUR LIVES, NOWS THE TIME TO RELAX WHEN YOU MADE THE APPLICATION AND LOOK BACK THE EFFORT YOU HAVE PUT IN, THE HARD TIMES YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH AND THE LOVED ONES YOU HAVE LOST WHO YOU MAY NEVER SEE.

THANKS ALMIGHTY AND ENJOY YOUR MOMENTS UNTIL YOU GET YOUR RESULTS. I AM ALSO WAITING AS I APPLIED ON 25/02/2014, YET I WAIT FOR THE DECISION, WHETHER IT IS A YES OR A NO, I HAVE WORKED HARD FOR IT LEAVING NO CHANCE AND I WILL BRAVELY ACCEPT ANY DECISION AS I AM ABOUT TO START A NEW LIFE :D WHATEVER THE DECISION MAY BE :wink: . AAMEEN

total_siyappa ( Jageera 420 )

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:35 pm

Where is link of onedrive ??? i cant able to access old one ? Any idea anyone

Thanks
Shez

IShahzad
Newly Registered

Post by IShahzad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Application sent. 30/03/2014
Acknowledgement received. 02/04/2014
Biometric invitation. 11/04/2014
Biometric sent. 11/04/2014
Decision. Pending

Shahzad

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:41 pm

total_siyappa wrote:Dear brothers, good friends and restless fella's.

I would like to congratulate all March, Feb. and Jan guys who has been waiting for their decisions and got successfull results.

Now I would also LIKE TO CONGRATULATE ALL THOSE WHO ACTUALLY MADE IT, WHEN I SAY MADE IT I AM TALKING ABOUT ALL WHO ACTUALLY MADE ILR APPLICATION, ALL YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WORKING TIRELESSLY HARD FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS, A BIG PORTION OF YOUR LIVES, NOWS THE TIME TO RELAX WHEN YOU MADE THE APPLICATION AND LOOK BACK THE EFFORT YOU HAVE PUT IN, THE HARD TIMES YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH AND THE LOVED ONES YOU HAVE LOST WHO YOU MAY NEVER SEE.

THANKS ALMIGHTY AND ENJOY YOUR MOMENTS UNTIL YOU GET YOUR RESULTS. I AM ALSO WAITING AS I APPLIED ON 25/02/2014, YET I WAIT FOR THE DECISION, WHETHER IT IS A YES OR A NO, I HAVE WORKED HARD FOR IT LEAVING NO CHANCE AND I WILL BRAVELY ACCEPT ANY DECISION AS I AM ABOUT TO START A NEW LIFE :D WHATEVER THE DECISION MAY BE :wink: . AAMEEN

total_siyappa ( Jageera 420 )
Hi total_siyappa,
Really like your attitude mate, that is the right way forward. You are absolutely spot on, all of us have worked hard for this for so long, and we deserve it more than any other category. I do admit that these final days could be a bit too frustrating but stay put, you will get to hear the good news soon.
If you guys remember me and Sajjadali got seriously delayed amongst the lot that we applied with, but with all you guys support we made it, and INSHALLAH that is going to be the same for you guys soon. Others who are with you like Ali, M.ELAHI, Bhamblues, Mbu001, Faisal and other brothers and sisters guys don't lose hope, our prayers and best wishes with you all. You will definitely get good news by this week INSHALLAH. Keep us posted guys, and take it easy.
Kind regards
Shahjee

gurulay
Newly Registered

Post by gurulay » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:56 am

March_LR14 wrote:
gurulay wrote:
- Granted on 16/03/2011

Thanks,
Hi,

Your Continuous residence is not broken as when you left UK had a valid leave and you returned to UK within 6 months with a new valid leave.
Below information is taken form Long residence guidance:

''Time spent outside the UK
Continuous residence is not considered broken if the applicant:

 is absent from the UK for 180 days or less at any one time, and
 had existing leave to enter or remain when they left and when they returned – this can
include leave gained at port when returning to the UK as a non visa national, see
related link: Information for non-visa nationals.

If the applicant had existing leave to enter or remain when they left and returned to the UK,
the existing leave does not have to be in the same category on departure and return. For
example, an applicant can leave the UK as a Tier 4 (General) student and return with leave
as a spouse of a settled person. Continuous residence is not broken as the applicant had
valid leave both when they left and returned to the UK. ''

Please see page 13 on this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e-life.pdf

You only have one application with 1 day out of time. HO disregards and overstay of upto and including 28 days.

I hope above information helps you.

Regards
Thanks everyone for helping me out.

I am also worry about gaps between applications.
Even though I submitted the application before my visa expired, mostly they give me the visa with one or two months gaps with previous one.
I keep all home office acknowledgement letters which they usually return within one or two weeks. But at one occasion on 17/02/2006 application, I got the letter after 2 months. I still have the copy of application with date and sign.

Could this be a problem for my application.

Thanks in advanced,

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:20 am

Dear forum members

I did apply for set lr on 25 feb 2014, but still waiting for decision
Ho plz be active again as 3 months ago when people were getting their ilr within 3 months or even some people got it even in 2 months.

My prays are with everyone who is waiting plz remember me in your prays too.

Regards
Allwell46

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:17 pm

allwell46 wrote:Dear forum members

I did apply for set lr on 25 feb 2014, but still waiting for decision
Ho plz be active again as 3 months ago when people were getting their ilr within 3 months or even some people got it even in 2 months.

My prays are with everyone who is waiting plz remember me in your prays too.

Regards
Allwell46
Hello,
My Mate no one got decision in two months. For the January applicants home office have given Decision in three months but after that when Passport scandal came home office speed have rapidly gone down.
Now they are taking at least 18 weeks easily to give decision. I would recomend you to ring and find out.

Regards

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:18 pm

IShahzad wrote:Application sent. 30/03/2014
Acknowledgement received. 02/04/2014
Biometric invitation. 11/04/2014
Biometric sent. 11/04/2014
Decision. Pending

Shahzad
Welcome to the waiting club..

Regards

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:18 pm

shez1330 wrote:Where is link of onedrive ??? i cant able to access old one ? Any idea anyone

Thanks
I think it has been deleted again..

Regrads

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:09 pm

konprode wrote:Dear friends

I called HO just now and was told that the document has been dispatched 20 mins ago!
I hope it's good news!!

Cheers

Please update your status about ILR application........

thanks

rasheedabdul786

Post by rasheedabdul786 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:23 pm

[quote="ik_aam_insaan"]Hello guys

By the grace of Allah Almighty we just recieved my mrs flr m visa . I got ilr approved on 7 april 2014 . We applied on 15 may 2014 flr m approved on 19 june mail recieved today. I did fill 7a and met the financial requirement as appendix fm .still waiting for the brp but I think it will be for 2 years InshaAllah . On the letter it says ' In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a period of 2 years in the United Kingdom as a spouse '
furthermore it says ' please understand any future application that you make in the marriage category will be assesed against paragraphs 284 or 287 or 295D or 295G of the immigration rules'.
I have been following your discussion on daily basis and benefited alot from it . I spoke to CS of Home Office before I applied for my mrs flr m visa.I was advised by the lady that my wife is eligible for ilr once we successfully recieve flr m as she is been in the uk since july 2011 on spouse of tier 1 general .
I like to thanks all the guys here who share there experiences and knowledge for others benefit .
One thing more applied for my daughter mn1 on 17 april still waiting for the certificate.

Next step is set M we need ur prayers as it is still a luck game right now as its still a grey area .

Asalamalaikum ik_aam_insaan"],

Hope u doing well just need a bit of information from you.I am in same situation like your's.I got my ILR on 26-04-2014 on 10 yrs basis from tier 1 general .My wife came 2 uk as my tier 1 general dependent in june 2011.So i guess i need 2 apply for FLR M for my mrs. first right?After reading ur post is it correct that can I apply ILR for my wife straight away once she get flr m as she was here before 9th july 2012? And what are the financial requirements for flr m and what documents do i need to send with the flr m application.. I would really appreciate if u can give me the above information.
Thanks,Jazak Allah
RASHEED

konprode
Newly Registered

Post by konprode » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Guys

First of all, thank you for this forum for all useful information.
I've got my document and BRP today.
My timeline:
Application Sent: 03/03/2014
Ackn letter: 12/03/2014
Bio letter: 18/03/2014
Biometrics enroll: 20/03/2014
Approve: 23/06/2014
Document: 25/06/2014
3.5 yrs student + 1 yr postgrad + 1 yr work permit + 3 yrs highly skill + 1.5yrs spouse

Secondly (important), I won't visit google spreadsheet ( as often as before; therefore, anyone would like to volunteer as an admin, please let me know either drop your email here or send me email/message via the spreadsheet (the later option is better as I will get notify). Basically this spreadsheet is freely shared to everyone - everyone can add, edit and also delete without log in google account. Meaning, sometimes someone makes a mess by playing with it. As an admin, you just have to tidy up or simply revert to the proper version. I will try to think the better solution to prevent some mess or if any suggestions are welcome.

Good luck to you all.

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:50 pm

konprode wrote:Guys

First of all, thank you for this forum for all useful information.
I've got my document and BRP today.
My timeline:
Application Sent: 03/03/2014
Ackn letter: 12/03/2014
Bio letter: 18/03/2014
Biometrics enroll: 20/03/2014
Approve: 23/06/2014
Document: 25/06/2014
3.5 yrs student + 1 yr postgrad + 1 yr work permit + 3 yrs highly skill + 1.5yrs spouse

Secondly (important), I won't visit google spreadsheet ( as often as before; therefore, anyone would like to volunteer as an admin, please let me know either drop your email here or send me email/message via the spreadsheet (the later option is better as I will get notify). Basically this spreadsheet is freely shared to everyone - everyone can add, edit and also delete without log in google account. Meaning, sometimes someone makes a mess by playing with it. As an admin, you just have to tidy up or simply revert to the proper version. I will try to think the better solution to prevent some mess or if any suggestions are welcome.

Good luck to you all.

First of all Congratulation on visa and thank you very much for sharing all information..

Good Luck for future.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:11 pm

rasheedabdul786 wrote:
ik_aam_insaan wrote:Hello guys

By the grace of Allah Almighty we just recieved my mrs flr m visa . I got ilr approved on 7 april 2014 . We applied on 15 may 2014 flr m approved on 19 june mail recieved today. I did fill 7a and met the financial requirement as appendix fm .still waiting for the brp but I think it will be for 2 years InshaAllah . On the letter it says ' In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a period of 2 years in the United Kingdom as a spouse '
furthermore it says ' please understand any future application that you make in the marriage category will be assesed against paragraphs 284 or 287 or 295D or 295G of the immigration rules'.
I have been following your discussion on daily basis and benefited alot from it . I spoke to CS of Home Office before I applied for my mrs flr m visa.I was advised by the lady that my wife is eligible for ilr once we successfully recieve flr m as she is been in the uk since july 2011 on spouse of tier 1 general .
I like to thanks all the guys here who share there experiences and knowledge for others benefit .
One thing more applied for my daughter mn1 on 17 april still waiting for the certificate.

Next step is set M we need ur prayers as it is still a luck game right now as its still a grey area .

Asalamalaikum ik_aam_insaan"],

Hope u doing well just need a bit of information from you.I am in same situation like your's.I got my ILR on 26-04-2014 on 10 yrs basis from tier 1 general .My wife came 2 uk as my tier 1 general dependent in June 2011.So i guess i need 2 apply for FLR M for my mrs. first right?After reading ur post is it correct that can I apply ILR for my wife straight away once she get flr m as she was here before 9th july 2012? And what are the financial requirements for flr m and what documents do i need to send with the flr m application.. I would really appreciate if u can give me the above information.
Thanks,Jazak Allah
RASHEED
Hi Rasheed bahi,
Yes you are right you have to first apply for her FLR(M) to make sure she goes to the status of Dependant of a settled person, and than it depends what is the duration on the visa that she gets. If she gets a 2.5 years visa that would mean that she has been dealt with under Appendix-FM which is the new rule , and she has to spend a total of 5 years on FLR(M) to qualify for SET(M), but if she gets a 2 years visa on the FLR(M) than that would mean that she has been dealt under the old rules of paragraphs 284, which is happy days, as you would be able to apply SET(M) straight away. I hope sense prevail for you my friend and they get it right for your Mrs.
Regards to the financial requirement you need to be earning £18,600 if you have just one dependant, and ideally you should have some savings in your account. You should have 6 documents in joint names with your Mrs covering the last 2 years at least, documents could be
Bank statements
Utility bills
Rent agreement
Tax office letters
Letters from NHS
Any other official correspondence.
If you don't have 6 in joint names than you should arrange 6 in yours and 6 in your Mrs name, to make it a total of 12 documents.
I hope it helps mate. Wish you all the best mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee