ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!!! MN1 form - help with referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dewang81
Newly Registered
India

URGENT!!! MN1 form - help with referees

Post by dewang81 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi,

My daughter's born on 15/03/2014 and we recently got our ILR (06/06/2014). I've filled MN1 form and I am now struggling with finding referees. I spoke to GP and Health Visitors but both are reluctant to act as referee due to policy provided to give out personal details or even signing the form without providing personal details.

I managed to get 1 person to sign the form who is British Citizen but not professional person so acting as 2nd referee. I am not Christian so I can't get any ministry of religion to sign it as well. Can someone please help on how do I proceed? I am extremely annoyed with UKBA requirements where they mention that health visitors or GP can act as referee and they are bound with not giving out personal details.

Are there any other options or alternatives?

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT!!! MN1 form - help with referees

Post by longshift » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:59 pm

I was in the same boat as you. Then I found that my local pharmacist can sign for it so asked him and he obliged. Try your local phmarcist.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Get it signed by any two people even if they are not on the approved profession list. They are not very strict on MN1 for little children and I don't think they will make a fuss about a 3 month old child's referee. Worst case scenario they will ask you to provide another reference but they will not reject your application.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:25 am

For my one year child I took the signature from my neighbour and my hubby manager .got certificate without any problem.
ss

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:45 am

Hi Dewang81
can you please confirm what you have written in 1.1,1.3 (form MN1)
regards

dewang81
Newly Registered
India

Post by dewang81 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for all your answers. I got MN1 by just having one signature i.e. from my wife's friend who is not professional but a british citizen acting as 2nd referree. I mentioned my situation in the cover letter as well as further information section between section 4 and section 5 on the application.

for 1.1 i mentioned section 1 (3) and 1.3 i left blank as I never applied for indian passport and therefore ILR for my baby.

Hope it helps.

ramanathan.pl

Post by ramanathan.pl » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi,
I am too strguggling to get Health Visitor or GP to sign my 1 year old son's MN1 form. As they are too reluctant to give their details.

I went in person to get Health Visitor to sign for my baby. Unfortunately the health visitor who was in charge of him had resigned and no one came forward to sign. Instead they asked me to check with my GP. When I went to my GP clinic, they even turned down to sign. I checked with them if my GP friend is fine to sign, would there be any problem. They said it should be fine.

Has anyone else got the same situation of Health Visitor or your registered GP refusing to sign, but you managed to get it from your GP friend and your application was successful?

Can I get referee 1 signatory from a Hindu Temple priest who is of "Ministry of Religion" profession. Or my GP friend with whom I am not registered with?

Regards,
Raam

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:23 pm

I was in same situation. My GP was indian national and hence refused to sign saying that the form ask for British Passport No. The health visitor didn't even bother to look at the form and says that it is not our policy to sign/refer the forms.

I then took the matter to my MP who then suggested me to visit the Councillor of my area. I located him and explained the whole situation. The signed it for me and kept the copy of the form. Its election time, they are the next best option if you are struggling. They are elected and do the social work so fit the criteria plus they are the ones who are supposed to know their constituency more than others.

2nd referee I asked BC friend to sign it for me.

ramanathan.pl

Post by ramanathan.pl » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. I spoke to Home Office and they suggested the below:
1. Can get referee 1 signature from Ministry of religion person - Temple Priest, even he holds British passport or not
2. Can get referee 2 signature from my GP friend who holds a British Passport

They also mentioned that any one or both referees could be British Citizens. The reason is I wasn't sure whether the Temple priest holds British passport. I will now contact them for signatures

Regards,
Raam

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:40 pm

First referee does not have to be British national, only professional from the allowed list.
Second referee has to be British and over 25.
I am sometimes wrong.

ramanathan.pl

Post by ramanathan.pl » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:48 pm

But GP is not in approved list for professional signatory. But many had got their naturalisation certificates for their kids. Even the Home Office person told that a signature from GP is fine even if we are not registered with him. But I will have GP signature for referee 2.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:54 pm

GP is not on the list because too many people were asking them to act as referees and taking their time. I think it will be accepted by HO to have GP act as a referee.
I am sometimes wrong.