ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible to benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bonga

Eligible to benefit

Post by bonga » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 am

Hi
I have recently received ILR and spouse on partner visa under immigration control. I have one young kid. Wondering if any one would have similar situation or previously had, or any idea about winch benefit I could apply which will not effect my partner on her ILR/FLR application. I have only applied CB. Hope it would not effect her.

Thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Eligible to benefit

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:21 am

Child benefit in your name, tax credits in joint names.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bonga

Post by bonga » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:14 am

Amber_ wrote:Child benefit in your name, tax credits in joint names.
Thanks Amber
Is it you mean Child Tax credit?
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Tax credits may mean Child Tax Credits and/or Working Tax Credits.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bonga

Post by bonga » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Thanks.
Amber_ wrote:Tax credits may mean Child Tax Credits and/or Working Tax Credits.

inzaghi
Newly Registered

Post by inzaghi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:06 am

I am wondering what people who claim benefits will write on application appendix which ask if you or your partner receive any benefits. This area is a trick to deny people whose sponsor have the right to claim some benefits. Those who will be extending their stay should check this clause very carefully if you will not extend using all income from benefits. With this trick some people will be denied when they extend their spouse visa. There is no option on the form to tell if is you the sponsor or the sponsored that receive benefits. You tick that you receive benefits it tells you to use the other option...income from benefits. I must state this is not the case for pre july 2012 applicants

bonga

Post by bonga » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:37 pm

I am agree but child benefit is for child and on name of sponsor might not any problem if we declare in the spouse application..not sure ..
inzaghi wrote:I am wondering what people who claim benefits will write on application appendix which ask if you or your partner receive any benefits. This area is a trick to deny people whose sponsor have the right to claim some benefits. Those who will be extending their stay should check this clause very carefully if you will not extend using all income from benefits. With this trick some people will be denied when they extend their spouse visa. There is no option on the form to tell if is you the sponsor or the sponsored that receive benefits. You tick that you receive benefits it tells you to use the other option...income from benefits. I must state this is not the case for pre july 2012 applicants

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:21 am

Hello friends, for those who have questions about claiming benefits, I got ILR in feb, applied for child benefit for my son in my name and applied for tax credits in my name and my wife name. Tax credit claim has to be in joint name as the main applicant as the claimant. I.e, I was main applicant and I am working full time not my wife. At this stage she was a pbs t1g dependent. When I applied for her FLR m, I mentioned both benefits, child and child tax credits and mention the amount that I was getting. Got her FLR m visa without any problems and the application was posted.
Applied for wife ILR at Sheffield in June this year, by this time we have two kids, claiming chub for both and tax credit payment gone up as well, so mentioned both in set m forms as well. Remember, you have to attach the proof as well, the document you receive from hmrc and relevant bank statements. These payments has to go in main applicants account and not your wife's (dependent) account.
She got ILR with in half an hour without any questions asked....
Hope this will help you guys a lot....thanks

bonga

Post by bonga » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:38 am

Dear theprideofpak
Thanks for your help and share ..I was worried as I have only CB and shall I will inform for my spouse ILR form or not, but now i have clear picture that it would not be a problem. Thanks.

theprideofpak wrote:Hello friends, for those who have questions about claiming benefits, I got ILR in feb, applied for child benefit for my son in my name and applied for tax credits in my name and my wife name. Tax credit claim has to be in joint name as the main applicant as the claimant. I.e, I was main applicant and I am working full time not my wife. At this stage she was a pbs t1g dependent. When I applied for her FLR m, I mentioned both benefits, child and child tax credits and mention the amount that I was getting. Got her FLR m visa without any problems and the application was posted.
Applied for wife ILR at Sheffield in June this year, by this time we have two kids, claiming chub for both and tax credit payment gone up as well, so mentioned both in set m forms as well. Remember, you have to attach the proof as well, the document you receive from hmrc and relevant bank statements. These payments has to go in main applicants account and not your wife's (dependent) account.
She got ILR with in half an hour without any questions asked....
Hope this will help you guys a lot....thanks