ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conflict With Wife And ILR Dependent: ( Amber Please Reply)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imran.khan1234
Newly Registered

Conflict With Wife And ILR Dependent: ( Amber Please Reply)

Post by imran.khan1234 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Dear Madam / Sir,

I hope you all doing well. My Mrs is on Tier 1 Dependent Visa which is going out of date on 19/06/2016. She is my dependent since August 2010 and living with me on my numerous addresses. I recently achieve my ILR via 10 years long residency route and I do not want to apply for my MRS ILR for a reason that her attitude and behavior is changing and I have grave doubt that once she has achieved her ILR through my help she may go for separation. But this is just my doubt and not a surety. How can I extend her stay on any other dependent visa rather than helping her get her ILR sorted. I just need another 4-5 years together to see how sincere and serious she is and ensuring that she should not use my help in order to get ILR .

What is her legal rights in order to get ILR on her own as she is my dependent since August 2010. We have a few months old baby and I have recently applied for her citizenship. How our baby may be helpful in order to sort out her mom's legal status in Uk.

My simple objective is not to be misused to sort out her ILR rather than take some more time with in legal framework to see her sincerity in relation before help her sort out permanent residency.

Please be complete and comprehensive in your response.

Ask as many questions as you like .

Looking forward to see your response.

Imran Khan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Conflict With Wife And ILR Dependent: ( Amber Please Re

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:18 pm

If you received ILR based on 10 years long residency, she cannot apply for ILR. She will have to apply to switch to FLR(M) - spouse of person settled - and meet the English level A1 and financial requirement.

She will be on a new route of 5 years before she can apply for ILR on SET(M). Initial visa will be for 2.5 years and she will need to extend for another 2.5 years, meeting all the requirements at each stage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:30 am

if you have kid with her and the child british citizen or have ILR even if she broke up with you she can still be here in the uk under family life
so she will get the ILR if she WITH YOU OR NOT because her child
so is no mater now if she still with you or not

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:35 am

Although Odat may be correct, such a route would be 10 years. CR001 is also correct.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:27 pm

imran.khan1234 wrote:Dear Madam / Sir,

I hope you all doing well. My Mrs is on Tier 1 Dependent Visa which is going out of date on 19/06/2016. She is my dependent since August 2010 and living with me on my numerous addresses. I recently achieve my ILR via 10 years long residency route and I do not want to apply for my MRS ILR for a reason that her attitude and behavior is changing and I have grave doubt that once she has achieved her ILR through my help she may go for separation. But this is just my doubt and not a surety. How can I extend her stay on any other dependent visa rather than helping her get her ILR sorted. I just need another 4-5 years together to see how sincere and serious she is and ensuring that she should not use my help in order to get ILR .

What is her legal rights in order to get ILR on her own as she is my dependent since August 2010. We have a few months old baby and I have recently applied for her citizenship. How our baby may be helpful in order to sort out her mom's legal status in Uk.

My simple objective is not to be misused to sort out her ILR rather than take some more time with in legal framework to see her sincerity in relation before help her sort out permanent residency.

Please be complete and comprehensive in your response.

Ask as many questions as you like .

Looking forward to see your response.

Imran Khan
hi Imran, i was just reading your post, and i think i have a good tip for you on how you can find out if your wife is planning on just getting the visa, pm me if you need the advise

imran.khan1234
Newly Registered

Interesting To Study and Take Part : spouse Related

Post by imran.khan1234 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Dear Madam / Sir

My Dependent first Got Her Entry Clearance and Entered Uk on 12/08/2010. She was my PSW Dependent.

In 2011 I switched to Tier 1 General and she has switched to Tier 1 General Dependent which was a PBS.

In 2013 I extend my Tier 1 General PBS and she has also extended on same category until 19/06/2016.

I were granted ILR on Long residency route on 11/04/14.

Now I need to know what is the future of my MRS in Uk in terms of visa Status.

I spoke to xxx at xxx Chambers and he suggested as my Mrs is living with me before rules changed in July 2012. Therefore under transitional Arrangement she can apply for FLRM and after getting FLRM she can go straight for SETM on very next day.

Kindly suggest what is right and what is wrong by providing some evidences I will be gratefull.

Warm Regards
Imran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Interesting To Study and Take Part : spouse Related

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:32 am

There were rule changes in April 2014 regarding dependents if their spouse applies for ILR based on long residence.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1007877

Click the link in the last post.

She should switch to FLR(M) and this will resent her ILR clock to zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imran.khan1234
Newly Registered

Post by imran.khan1234 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Cr001

Many thnx,

I paid mr xxxx £60 on 12/11/14 for the advise he has given. On what basis he said I can apply for ILR on SETM on next day after achieving FLRM.

I am surprised. silly but asking once again if this is very true from your knowledge that we are not entitled to SETM by understanding how my MRS has switched her status and I achieved ILR on LR basis.

Please Re Review and reply as this sounds absolutely shocking how ~Mr xxxx provide wrong info to his client.

Regards
Imran

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Please don't add people's name on the forum. They have no means of defending themselves, and this forum cannot be used as a platform to name and shame solicitors or legal reps who have not done their job properly.

I have therefore taken the step of editing your post, and removing the solicitors name.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

imran.khan1234
Newly Registered

Post by imran.khan1234 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Where you have time taken to remove name of solicitor there you may spend some little time to respond to my last post ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Firstly Imran, our duty is to ensure that the forum is properly maintained, and the way we do that, is to ensure that no member engages in conduct that will bring the forum into disrepute. For example in this case, you putting your solicitors name on the forum.

Once that duty has been executed, our next task is to assist people, when we have available time, for the avoidance of doubt, we moderators, by and large, provide pro bono service to this forum.

In regards to the secondary function of my role, It appears I have advised you in more than one medium . My colleague's advice is legally sound.

The difficulty is not that we have not advised you, but it will appear you are in a state of shock, and unable to appreciate the content of the advice you have been given. In those circumstances, there is noting i can add, that will change anything.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:56 am

CR001's, Odat's and Amber's advice were all free.

Note 86, 87; even with legal assistance, mistakes can be made.

If you wish to complain about a solicitor, then see also Complaining about a solicitor.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.