ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Switching Employer - Maintenance Fund - COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sk10aaaa
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - Switching Employer - Maintenance Fund - COS

Post by sk10aaaa » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Hello,

I'm on Tier 2 general currently and planning to switch to a different employer.

In the COS they have mentioned "NO" to "confirm the sponsor certifies maintenance for the migrant". I discussed with them and now they are ready to change it to YES but looks like there are no provision to make changes in the COS. Is it ok to make some note on "Sponsor note" section that they are ok to certify my maintenance?

Please help.

Thanks,

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 General - Switching Employer - Maintenance Fund -

Post by manci » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:54 pm

if you are at present in the UK on T2G and apply to change employment you will automatically score 10 points for maintenance. See para 154 of the policy guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

sk10aaaa
Newly Registered

Post by sk10aaaa » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Thanks Manci.

Just now I read the guidance document what you mentioned. Thanks.

sk10aaaa
Newly Registered

Post by sk10aaaa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Thanks Manci.

I have another query. I posted this as a new topic but i haven't got any reponse from anyone so far.

1) I've downloaded the application form from https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf. Not sure whether this is the right one?

2) I'm planning to apply thru Same day / Premium Service. But I could not find any option for selecting a Premium fees in the above document (Page 5 – Section A - Payment Details)

Please help

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:11 pm

sk10aaaa wrote:Thanks Manci.

I have another query. I posted this as a new topic but i haven't got any reponse from anyone so far.

1) I've downloaded the application form from https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf. Not sure whether this is the right one?
it is the right form
2) I'm planning to apply thru Same day / Premium Service. But I could not find any option for selecting a Premium fees in the above document (Page 5 – Section A - Payment Details)
see the payment guidance notes at the end of the form:
Applications can be made in person at a Premium Service Centre for a same day consideration of
your application. There is an additional fee for this service and all fees will be taken when you book
an appointment. For more details and to book an appointment please visit www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium

Please help

sk10aaaa
Newly Registered

Post by sk10aaaa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:53 pm

Thanks for the reply Manci.

So, if i'm applying under "Tier 2 Shortage Occupations - up to 3 years" then I will choose the related option under Section 1 - Payment details Tier 2 Migrant in the form but I will pay £828 through Premium Service and submit the receipt with the application.

Is my understanding correct?

Sorry to bother you again and again.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:31 pm

sk10aaaa wrote:Thanks for the reply Manci.

So, if i'm applying under "Tier 2 Shortage Occupations - up to 3 years" then I will choose the related option under Section 1 - Payment details Tier 2 Migrant in the form but I will pay £828 through Premium Service and submit the receipt with the application.

Is my understanding correct?
yes
Sorry to bother you again and again.

Giriraj
Newly Registered

Post by Giriraj » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:38 am

Hi friends,

I am planning to apply for new tier 2 Visa and right now working in tier 2 Visa. I have seen in Visa guidance that says if we are inside uk fund maintenance points will be given. My doubt is when I fill the form what should I mention? Since I do not have continuous 90 days fund for £945. In between for 2 days it is ground down to £850. Now what should I mention in the application? And do I need to attach the copy of bank statement?. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:34 am

Giriraj wrote:Hi friends,

I am planning to apply for new tier 2 Visa and right now working in tier 2 Visa. I have seen in Visa guidance that says if we are inside uk fund maintenance points will be given. My doubt is when I fill the form what should I mention? Since I do not have continuous 90 days fund for £945. In between for 2 days it is ground down to £850. Now what should I mention in the application? And do I need to attach the copy of bank statement?. Please let me know as soon as possible.

if you are making a change of employment application from within the UK and currently have T2 leave you will automatically score 10 points for maintenance, On the paper form for premium service applications under O1 tick the box: "I currently have leave as a Tier 2 Migrant". You don't need to submit bank statements.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04_15.pdf

Thank you.