ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Paragraph 276B of the Immigration Rules (HC395)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abz

ILR - Paragraph 276B of the Immigration Rules (HC395)

Post by abz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:39 am

Hello All,

I am wondering where i can find paragraph 276B of the Immigration Rules (HC395) for ILR 10 years lawful long residency, i have tried looking everywhere but couldnt quite find the exact requirements of paragraph 276B.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
A

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Paragraph 276B of the Immigration Rules (HC395)

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:52 am

276B. The requirements to be met by an applicant for indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence in the United Kingdom are that:
(i) (a) he has had at least 10 years continuous lawful residence in the United Kingdom.
(ii) having regard to the public interest there are no reasons why it would be undesirable for him to be given indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence, taking into account his:
(a) age; and
(b) strength of connections in the United Kingdom; and
(c) personal history, including character, conduct, associations and employment record; and
(d) domestic circumstances; and
(e) compassionate circumstances; and
(f) any representations received on the person's behalf; and
(iii) the applicant does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
(iv) the applicant has demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom, in accordance with Appendix KoLL.
(v) the applicant must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded, as will any period of overstaying between periods of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain of up to 28 days and any period of overstaying pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

abz

Post by abz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:14 pm

thanks Amber, really appreciate it :)

pu8aa
Newly Registered

Post by pu8aa » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi Amber,

Where can I find these requirements, are they located somewhere in the UKBA website?

Thanks,

U

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:04 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.