ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa from India Documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramesheuk

Family visit visa from India Documents

Post by ramesheuk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi All,

I would like to bring my parents on Family visit visa and need your exprtise on Documentation.

My status: I am british passport holder (staying with my family including 2 kids - all of us are British passport holders).

Now I would like to bring my parents on Family visit visa for 4 months.
They already visited UK once in 2008 on General visitor visa and leave UK without any issues in time. Now for bringing them again what are the documentation I need to produce from my parents.

Can we use the property valuation certificates they got during their last visit in 2008? Or do we need to go through again all the valuation related documents of their property?
Now he is not at all using any bank account. What kind of evidence we can produce in terms of monthly income? He is getting some money every month from my two elder brothers (both are in India). But how to show this as there is no bank statements. Will this affect his visa decision?

Please advise me so that it won't get rejected.

Thanks in advance.

ramesheuk

Re: Family visit visa from India Documents

Post by ramesheuk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi,

Please could some one let me know on this (Major question is on Bank statements please)...

Thanks in advance.

zunaira
Newly Registered

Post by zunaira » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi ramesh!

Regarding the property evaluation, I think you just need a proof that they have property in their name back home. So recent evaluation should not be required.

bank statement...... that's an ISSUE!! The case officer might use bank statement to ascertain that their intention to come back to India. How do your brothers send money back home? For example, my father gets it via remittance card, which is a pre-paid visa card; so, v attached the statements of that card. If your brothers send via any agency or somethin, may be you could attach those receipts to justify their monthly income. In the worst case I would suggest you to attach your brother's pay slips and a letter from them stating the amount they send to your father.

zunaira
Newly Registered

Post by zunaira » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Also if you are sponsoring them, you need to attached your pay-slips and bank statement. But that's on top of your father's bank statement. Because your father's personal financial situation me be used to ascertain his intention of returning to india.

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks for your replies.

I may haven't explained the situation correctly. My brother is there in India only and doing business.
My parents are living with him. If it is needed he can show his business documents (not sure what kind of documents required) and his bank statement. But since they are living together, we can't see anything saying payments to my Dad in my brother's bank statement (as they are living in the same house (joint family)).

My Dad &Mum are having a joint bank account (but he is not operating it regularly) and he deposited some amount recently. He can submit that bank statement but not sure if that helps or not.

Thanks in advance.

zunaira
Newly Registered

Post by zunaira » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:03 pm

that sounds a bit tricky. I am not very sure, but one option could be to have your brother's statements, employment letter sort of thing and a letter from him stating that your parents live with him and he supports them. but I am not very sure.

ya, if your father's bank account is not very active, then it might be better to avoid it. As far as your parents' joint account goes - make sure for any bank statements you attach if there are any major transactions - lets say huge deposits - do explain in the cover letter that from where that money came. you must do it for any bank statements you attached - whether your own, brother's or parents'. this is one of the major reasons for rejection. but if you think the average balance in your parents' joint account is trivial, better to avoid it i think.